1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MissErin Helper > Mod App

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by MrHollywoot, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrHollywoot

MrHollywoot Popular Meeper

In Game Name: MissErin
    Skype Username: thecandymanisback
    Teamspeak Username: MissErin - Hollywood
    Mic use: Of course
    Timezone: Central
    Hours online per weekday: 5-6
    Hours online per weekend: 10ish
    Position Changes: Helper -> Mod

Introduction: Howdy all! Applying today for Mod. Yes I know the first thing your thinking is "Dude already applying for Mod?!"...Well Yes!

Why you should be Mod?

The job of Helper had a very easy learning curve for me. I was able to learn the skills of what are required as a Helper in a rather short amount of time. I have very much enjoyed this position so far and hope to bring bigger and better things as a mod.

I have shown as a Helper just what I can do in a rather short period of time. I feel the responsibility of a Mod are going to be a great honor and allow me the tools to help the community and the rest of staff.

With recent staff changes there is need for people to step up and fill the roles of others left when they felt there time here was done. Others have expressed to me that I should apply to be this position and I hope to do right by there choice and advice.

Weaknesses:

As some of you have noticed I have the ability to quickly upset those who cross the line...Sadly I have also upset those who I felt were trying to do the same however they simple made a mistake....I take some rules and don't leave any room for the grey area and enforce them to that point.

I say things or reference things in public that others can take the wrong way if they don't know the whole story... Some of you may already have seen this in a recent thread. I do apologize to the community that saw the things I said as wrong...but I will say I don't reveal things to the public that were said and private so you have to take my word that what was said was justified.

My grammar stinks...Check got that thank you everyone for pointing this out unfortunately there is not much I can do about this (will not explain to the public why).

Conclusion:

My time here on Meepcraft has but nothing but Joy...I have made some true friends and learned more about people than I ever could have imagined. I love this server and being part of the staff and community. I hope to bring nothing else but greatness here and I hope that you all feel that I can be the next great Staff that you all talk about for years to come!

Happy Meeping and watch those caps!

2. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

He's been helper for a week, this is the required time period. :)

Notchbeard likes this.
  3. DeathBunny55

DeathBunny55 Popular Meeper

I thought it was 2 weeks, anyway, +1. I think you've done great.

4. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

I really don't know how to respond to this.
    +/-0

Max Cohen likes this.
  5. Notchbeard

Notchbeard Popular Meeper

+1 I almost want to -1 u so u cant be Mod before me -.- but I cant betray a fellow Tyler xD
    For realz though u do a great job and should have mod perms.

Flamedemond likes this.
  6. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

+1.

Tyler gets out of his way to help me with basic hawkeye commands, without him, I would be lost. He feels honored to answer all my questions around any topic. He has proven his ability for moderator.

HotAsianBeans and Notchbeard like this.
  7. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

I see you afk a lot, I don't see you helping control shout, you don't use proper English in chat. Application was very short. The Introduction: Ermkay. The Why: You claim to have learnt the Helper job very quickly, you think its time for you to step up, and others have told you to apply? Thats it? I see you in-game, but never on TeamSpeak, and I remember you ranting about why you dislike TeamSpeak. I'm for a -1, I believe you should wait a little longer, and improve your application. Good luck.

8. Notchbeard

1) MissErin does afk a lot ( so do i its called IRL priorities and wanting ur grinders to run while u handle them), but when he isn't he is helping constantly
    2) He kicks and tempbans all day where you been?
    3) I dernt use proper Engrish in shout either? Does that meanz u hatez mez?
    4) MissErin just trained me in the use of the new mod commands and has great handle on them
    5) He doesnt TS much, niether do I, I dont like to voice chat much. Dont see how this affects his ability to moderate in anyway, especially since he DOES get on TS when necessary like to train me and 7ace.
    kthanxbai

SSSoul and PhoenixPuppy like this.
  9. shains

shains never stop fighting

I know the rule is different now, but I really do not think you are prepared yet. I do know after some more experience, you will be a great mod, but for now I'm a -1.

10. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

1. Why not just log off when handling IRL issues? Or talk in shout while waiting for grinders?
    2. I see the occasional kicks, maybe timezones, but I see him on quite a bit. He doesn't tempban, he can't. #lies.
    3. I don't hate you, it just doesn't hurt for a staff member to speak in proper English.
    4. I didn't say he doesn't know the commands.
    5. Okay? My point is he isn't on there much, I never judged his ability.

11. Notchbeard

all helpers have tempban now kthanxbai

Mjr_Minor likes this.
  12. roby6

roby6 Celebrity Meeper

I like how this is very long, plus it's got very good quality, I'm going for a +1

13. CinnamonTiny

CinnamonTiny Popular Meeper

I don't think you are prepared for Moderator. Although the required length of time to apply for it from Helper is 1 week, you just aren't ready. I feel you should take more time as a Helper to get use to things and how they work in the staff side of the server.

14. savvvy420

savvvy420 Popular Meeper

+1 You have been an awesome helper so far, and I think you will be an even better mod. When every someone comes to you with a problem or issue in TS you get it taken care of. +1 +1 +1!!! :)

NorthernLights17 likes this.
  15. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

+0.

I don't feel you've had enough experience, and I don't know when the rule has changed to one week. I'd also like to see a little more improvement when you're dealing with the community. I suggest not responding to some of the insults thrown your way so you don't come off.

16. MrHollywoot

MrHollywoot Popular Meeper

haha i was not ganna respond to any of these and just let them roll out before i said much...

but dc your too soft :)

DancingCactus likes this.
  17. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

You've done much better than I thought you would (don't be offended plss). But I still think it's a little too soon. +0

Flamedemond and MrHollywoot like this.
  18. Sirrr_Pig

Sirrr_Pig Bacon

I think you do excellent work and I see you being a great mod, but I also believe just a little more time is needed, +0

19. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

-1, from the conversations I've had with you, you're immature and arrogant (not to mention your grammar is horrendous, but that's more of a pet peeve) I've never seen you help in game, although you're probably working on modreqs, so I can't hold you for that, but I think you need more time to get situated to helper before making the leap to mod. Also, in terms of application, it was short and lacking imo

20. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

You're a great helper and you're doing a great job! But I personally feel like this application was made a bit too soon. So -0 for now. But keep up the great work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.