1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Ban Appeal Privacy Change

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KlutchDecals, Oct 7, 2015.

1. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Hello all,

Recently we have been encountering people abusing the anonymous ban appeal system we have implemented.
    Due to this we are finding ourselves having to take the time to go back onto forums and deal with all the reports and remove the appeals. We have also been dealing with people posting un-needed content and disrespecting members of the community.

We completely understand that constructive criticism is very important and we value your opinions relating to each member that may appeal. Any comments or concerns that arise with a banned player can be PMed to any Mod+ at any time. We still encourage you to message us anything you hear or notice from the outside. Any messages will be 100% confidential and your name will not be mentioned.

You will still be able to see everything you post and comment on but will not be able to see other appeals. This section is set up just like staff complaints. We hate to have to do this but while we work on a new solution for this issue, this was the most simple solution. We will update you when a new system is in place.

Thank you for understanding.

Methul, PhoenixAngel80 and iMelXP like this.
  2. shains

shains never stop fighting

(This was posted in the wrong forum so players were not alerted so I am posting this comment so they are!)

3. Historicmush

Historicmush Popular Meeper

I never knew how to get on that account lol

4. shains

shains never stop fighting

It's through the form at the top of the ban appeal page.

5. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

This is ridiculous
    Ban appeals were the most entertaining thing on the forums
    There's no anonymity when it comes to bans, I can go to any staff member right now and ask, ''Hey is X person banned?'' or ''Was X person banned for theft before?'' and get an answer.
    If the ban appeal bot causes issues, remove it! It's not difficult to just make an account and that system has worked for well over a year and a half.
    I don't get it.

6. WarriorHeart

WarriorHeart Celebrity Meeper

So, correct me if I'm wrong, we won't be able to see any bans? So we won't be able to look in the appealed and denied section?

I mentioned this before:
    I don't want to bother mods or helpers or anyone, I don't want to ask 80 times saying "is so-so banned? What for? Whats the ban history?" when it was all right there.

Epicdude141, metr0n0me and Summers like this.
  7. Klitch

Klitch

Not any staff member. I have been asked multiple times, and each time my response is simple: "Bans are a private matter and they are not of your concern."

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    kwagscraft likes this.
  8. Muunkee

Ok
    any staff member except klitcher
    I've asked so many staff members those questions.

metr0n0me, Wubb8t and x_bigheart_x like this.
  9. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

Aw what! That is so dumb! Its not like people would find a banned player's contact and/or contact them and make fun of the if they saw their appeal! SO DUMB! -

10. Muunkee

If you want to get something back automatically saying you're going to hurt someone is the worst way to go about it

metr0n0me likes this.
  11. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

I'm sorry, but there's literally no need for this; this is just going to cause more problems than whatever problems it may have caused in the first place.

12. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

That's actually exactly what happened, only it was put on a thread. I'm also guessing that's the reason they are doing this.

13. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

:p
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 14, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 14, 2015 ---
    :O not :p

14. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

How are they private? If it involves someone on the server who did something banned then it deserves to be put out in the open. It's meepcraft, not the CIA.

Draqq likes this.
  15. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

"I'ts not like people are going to make fun of people's appeals" Have you been on this server?

No. If you break the rules, you should be banned, not banned and harassed by the community when you make a bad appeal.
    It's not the communities business accepting and denying helpers. Staff has all the information they need to accept and deny people, and they're the only people that need that information. Besides, if you want to know if someone is banned, you can check through /seen.

This is probably one of the things staff made the section private to prevent. Players should not be harassed and made fun of because they posted a stupid appeal.

16. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Posting a ban appeal should be part of the punishment.

Epicdude141 and Muunkee like this.
  17. Epicdude141

Who said they were being harassed? Ban appeals let us know what has happened to players on the server. Doesn't necessarily mean they are being harassed.

18. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

19. Epicdude141

20. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

forum bans