1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Rule Revisions

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by shains, Sep 25, 2015.

1. shains

shains never stop fighting

Hello Meep,

As developments to the server continue, our rules must accommodate those changes. We are happy to announce our rules have been updated to meet our current needs. Please read them carefully, as the new rules go in effect immediately. Here is a changelog as to what major additions/subtractions we have made.

Global

Regarding content allowed in chat channels.
    A clearer list of mod features that aren't allowed.
    A clearer list of mods/mod features that are allowed (this research on allowed modifications will continue).
    A rule regarding disallowed usernames related to staff.
    A clear definition of what we consider Toxicity.
    An easy solution for mini-game specific rules.
    Forums

Clarification on the new process regarding staff/architect application comments.
    Addition on what illegally "Attracting Likes" means
    Teamspeak
    Clarification on how to join our Teamspeak server.
    Towny

Clearer guidelines on town taxes.
    Kicking players with a temporary ban was changed from a 5d warning after their ban expires to a 7d warning after their ban expires.
    A rule for deleting towns was added.
    A rule clarifying the relationship between the Mayor and Co-mayor was added.
    PVP
    Potion rules were updated for 1.9.
    A rule regarding alternate accounts and PVP.
    Donor commands rule was removed as it is now self regulated.

Skyblock

A rule regarding kicking island members.
    Clarification on island restarting rule as well as what occurs when you restart.
    Parkour

Parkour rules were removed as it is now self regulated.

We thank you for your time. Special thanks to Deinen, KlutchDecals, and Epick8 who all played roles in this development.

-MeepCraft Staff

Please note I skipped over minor revisions and may have missed some updates. Please be sure to read the rules in their entirety.

2. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

First and is having a friend online to battle you in HG until you have a certain amount of money legal IF the friend does try to actually kill me, yet sucks at pvp as they are not used to minecraft?

3. Klitch

Klitch

Thanks for putting so much time into this Shain!

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  4. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

With staff you don't even need to post something with quality OR ask for likes. It's just post , like, post, like, and so on.

5. xXAdotXx

xXAdotXx Bibliophile Extraordinaire

Cool cool! Thanx for the update :D

6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

If I afk an alt at a guardian farm will I be banned?
    How about if I just afk my main acc there?
    Does it matter if I'm afk, or just if I'm playing on a main and afking at a farm using an alt?
    How are you going to catch this?
    Context: I afk one of my accounts at am automatic guardian farm often, whether I am playing or otherwise.

7. shains

The addition of the rule was to prevent people from illegitimately playing and abusing the game for monetary gain. If you proceed to play as the game is intended, that's fine.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  8. shains

Can you elaborate on what this is specifically regarding? If you are speaking about the rule about alternate accounts, please note that rule is under the umbrella "PVP" not under "Global."

9. TheJohnseyClutch

TheJohnseyClutch Popular Meeper

super mod already?? Not trying to be negative but good job!

10. shains

No that's not true. If the mayor CAUSES the town the fall they're banned. You're right and that it is not clear what I mean. I will think of a way to make it clearer.

11. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Can you make a /dis in pvp rule in Dungeon and wild and explain when it is legal and when it is not? Please and thank you.

12. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

I have a post that says "give me likes" that has around 9 likes.
    Come at me.

Toostenheimer, metr0n0me and jmelara like this.
  13. shains

It's legal to do that in wild. So basically, the only things that are illegal in wild, are covered in Global. As for dungeon, it shouldn't be enabled and will add it to Trello for admins to disallow the command in the region.

14. shains

No the point of the rule is to protect people who bring on a comayor and the comayor takes all the money. That's the only reason.

metr0n0me likes this.
  15. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

1) if I ever get staff again, will I need to change my alt's name from _Metr0n0me_
    2) are health indicator mods still illegal?
    3) what is the difference between withdrawing money, causing the town to fall and withdrawing money without awareness of how much is in the /t bank, and the town falling?

Thanks for the clarifications! :)

16. shains

1. No
    2. If by "health indicator" you mean it displays the opposing player's health, then no (we used to have this on server and many PVPers were against it because people would just go for others with the lowest health and we removed it, adding it with a mod [a mod that most likely has illegal features to begin with] defeats the purpose of our decisions to begin with)
    3. We are working on making things like this clearer

17. weewoozesty

weewoozesty Popular Meeper

I use a Razor gaming mouse, it has a double clicker on it. Basically a button beside the left mouse button that double clicks. Would that be considered illegal?

I don't really see how it would help in pvp. But it sure as heck helps with moving inventory and when reversed, makes placing blocks at an accelerated rate a breeze.

18. _Gimble_1.

_Gimble_1. Popular Meeper

@shains hey so I use a school laptop to play minecraft and the IT department has made a LAN connection for security which means that it won't let me play minecraft multiplayer so I have been off line for quite awhile. I am the mayor of Simple_Springs, an alpha town and if it falls, would I get in trouble? I don't think it will fall soon due to 2 mill in the bank and a 4k per day town tax. But I would like to clarify this.

19. shains

No, as I stated already the only event in which a mayor is at fault is if they intentionally take money out of the bank for it to fall without warning. This is the only time. That is it.

Deljikho likes this.