1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Target Audience

Discussion in 'Denied' started by TNT404, Aug 10, 2015.

1. TNT404

TNT404 Popular Meeper

So in the past 3 years I have been on this server, I have seen the Target Audience Age go from 16, to 14, to 10, to 8, and to the current 5.

This is absurd. There is no merit and idgaf about the Staff's "I don't want my child exposed to this." nonsense reason. So if you have a child age 11, I'm sorry to inform you that in this day and age, they probably know all but two swears in the English Language, at 12 they know em all. Now I'm not saying we should allow every swear, i'm just saying your reasoning is BS.

I am suggesting that we go to an Age 10 audience, and by age 10, I mean MODERN age 10. I say we should allow the basic 5 swears: hell, damn, a**, s***, f***. Because honestly, if you let your kids on the internet, they know the words...

All the current target does is make people annoyed and doesn't help bring new players, because 5 year olds aren't browsing for servers.

Also the things I put are basic logic. TV, Internet, Videogames, BOOKS.

Discuss

2. nath.banana

nath.banana Popular Meeper

If you don't like how Meepcraft works, you don't have to stay.

cooey and Deljikho like this.
  3. TNT404

TNT404 Popular Meeper

Go to Russia and blindly watch RT.

Now to wait for a real reply

4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

To be honest, I'm all up for cursing so long as it's not excessive.
    Like, if you've ever heard me on TS, I curse. A lot. I make sailors blush.
    Saying these words is part of my daily vocabulary, and if I let one f-word slip in shout, it shouldn't be that much of an issue.
    Now, I don't need to make sailors blush IG, no. But it doesn't have to be so restricted like it currently is.

5. TNT404

TNT404 Popular Meeper

Do you find these 5 to be excessive or on the money?

6. Muunkee

Used often? Excessive.
    Hell, Damn, and donkey are the three I think should have no consequence (unless used as harassment)
    The last two, I think, would be a once-inawhile situation, not use 'em all the time
    Just be respectful, don't overdo it.

metr0n0me and TNT404 like this.
  7. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

-1 swearing has no decent place in any form of communication. I may add more reasoning later.

nath.banana likes this.
  8. Nager2012

Nager2012 Popular Meeper

I agree, sure, allow some swears like the ones you mentioned. Honestly words like damn and hell are very minor and don't cause very much offense to me, and in my opinion, most people on the server. I swear so, so much in real life, like it's a real problem. I don't swear on here because I'd be banned and I understand that rules are rules, but words like those really should be allowed. My 9 year old sister plays and herself and everyone she knows know these words and use them. It's not something that children don't already know about. Unless they've been extremely sheltered and protected they will know these basic swears. I understand why more severe swear words like they f word are banned but in my opinion it would do the server and its player base no harm to be a bit more forgiving when it comes to words like those.

RaidByNightOnly, metr0n0me and TNT404 like this.
  9. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

Is it bannable to say damn and hell?

RaidByNightOnly and jmelara like this.
  10. nath.banana

nath.banana Popular Meeper

Not at this time.

metr0n0me likes this.
  11. Muunkee

No

12. TNT404

TNT404 Popular Meeper

There is a lot wrong about this statement. It does have it's decent place in Comedy and in storytelling. It does have it's place. I could say Religion and Arguments don't belong there, but we both know that the second one is false, and we both know those won't be banned for pathetic reasons.

RaidByNightOnly and metr0n0me like this.
  13. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

How come hell and damn are allowed but I go through a 3 hour ban for saying 420 blaze it

14. Joe22FTW

Joe22FTW Celebrity Meeper

15. Skythekid1526

Skythekid1526 Popular Meeper

Drug reference, its not allowed because of rules :/

16. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

If you have the need to curse; you're an ignorant human being. I probably curse more than you all, combined; I have never had any issues from being prohibited from cursing ingame.

17. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Ass to the damn to the hell to the s*** to the f*** yeah
    In all seriousness though, +1. In a conversation it helps to tell apart the unintelligent tryhards, as you watch them swear for no reason.

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  18. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

You're making it sound like swearing is like a drug addiction.

It's not. Some people say it because that's the environment they grew up in. Am I saying we should allow every word because players are exposed differently than others? Certainly not. When I can't say some basic profanities because it's going to make younger players feel threatened or draw them away from the server it becomes pretty pathetic. In all of the MC servers I play, only Meep has been so harsh on saying swear words. Currently I play a server where you can say whatever you want, as long as it isn't directed as a racial slur, defacating a gender, or directed at any particular player. If players are going to be drawn away because Meep allows swearing, they are going to have a hell of a time finding one that doesn't.

19. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

No, this argument is ignorant. There is no need to curse, you just want to, but you cannot, and it makes you mad. Too bad, there are a lot of places where cursing is not appropriate. I don't see any of you petitioning outside any churches about how you should be allowed to just curse in there.

Grow up, really. You can't curse, oh well, use another word - We have like, an entire dictionary full of them.

It doesn't matter why you cannot curse. Again, I'm sure most of the adult population also doesn't want to see a bunch of pre-teens and teen children cursing all day and night, because that is what will happen.

It doesn't matter how many words you use, or how you put them together, this argument will always be:

I want to curse

I can't curse

Let me curse

20. RoyalTea

RoyalTea Active Meeper

I honestly don't know why swearing is banned, and I don't get why poo's synonyme and ''donkey'' is even conisdered swearing. But as people are starting to use this thread as a debate of wether swearing is good or not, I'll just make a debate for this so this specific thread isn't derailed too much (and to attract more people as this might be one of the more interesting debates).

Link to the debate thread:
    http://meepcraft.com/threads/swearing.49823/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015