1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Nightpaladinwappo69

Nightpaladinwappo69 Well-Known Meeper

People think they totally accept this but they have no idea at all. Just think about it for a sec, if this "gay rights" is legalize, you will see
    it everywhere. You can walk on the street and see a someone passing and your like alright no problem but then you see a guy with a dress
    and you are like eh?... and you get away like any civilized person. You can see a girl and boy couple and your like give them their place
    but you see a gay/lesbian couple and its not the same... been honest... its not the same. A key and a key don't match with our standards. A key and a lock do! You can keep trying and fooling yourself and tell me if the key and a key matched but I can't take this, if that's the homo happiness then I don't like it. Some people can stand a little more than others but I can't and I won't accept such abnormality, and I won't
    accept such things to happen to me in life. I don't want a gay neighbor, I don't want a gay kid, and I don't want a gay teacher, president, or anything else. You guys keep fooling yourselves but you all who accept this don't know nothing about what you all are talking. Even if they don't want to harm their doing it in a not physical way. It's like capitalism and communism, like dogs and cats. It can never match. Russia's government understands it. If you are gay and it's offended then just get another happiness. A stick up your butt won't make you happy. Instead of fighting for this, fight for women rights or race rights.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  2. rAwsondayc

rAwsondayc Celebrity Meeper

if you don't like it, leave.
    [​IMG]

Skaros123 likes this.
  3. Nightpaladinwappo69

Nightpaladinwappo69 Well-Known Meeper

Then why does this threat tell us to tell our opinion eh?

4. WarriorHeart

WarriorHeart Celebrity Meeper

I don't want to want a bigot neighbor, I don't want a bigot kid, and I don't want a bigot teacher, president, or anything else, but they're there. Get over it.

Some dogs and cats get a long great, to the point where it's a relationship, but yet they can't breed because of them being different species.

Gay rights is the same as Women rights and Race Rights, the fight will never be over while there are people who oppose it, even after 50+ years of blacks and women having (almost) the same rights as regular white men (women still get paid less than men do in the average workplace), there are still people who want to go back to the old ways. There are people who want gay people to be illegal. Gays have the same fight as women and POC do.

ImNotBlonde likes this.
  5. rAwsondayc

rAwsondayc Celebrity Meeper

*leave America

ImNotBlonde, kwagscraft and Erebus45 like this.
  6. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

I mean this in the most sincerest way possible, but with all due respect, you're an idiot.

7. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

I have a feeling you don't know the difference between sexuality, sex, and gender, if you think that every homosexual person acts like the opposite gender.

Apparently I'm uncivilized.

I'm generally not okay with super intense PDA's anyways, regardless of gender. I don't care, you shouldn't be super sexual in public no matter what.

How does it affect you?

How does it affect you?

I feel like I am 100x more knowledgable about the subject than you are. From this post I can assume that you don't know the difference between transgender people and homosexual people.

We work pretty well here in Canada where it's not capitalism or communism. There are no countries who are completely right or left wing. It's a spectrum.

So a huge amount of people need to lose their happiness and rights purely because you think it's abnormal and gross to love someone of the same gender?

While these are righteous causes, they definitely shouldn't be used as a reason to not fight for equality of sexualities. Are we not allowed to fight for the equality of all? We have to pick a cause that you think is more deserving of our support?

8. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

That was a nice rant, but who the hell do you think you are, to tell people how they can and cannot act? You have no more authority over them than they do over you.

9. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

I as a Christian do not think being gay is right I think a man should marry a woman but I also think gays should not be deprived of their rights just because they are gay like think about it this way just a few years ago people treated black people like people think gays should be treated now I believe that all people are created the same way and should have the same rights
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 11, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 11, 2015 ---
    Sorry messed up a little there

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    Ranger0203 likes this.
  10. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

I completely respect your opinion, especially because you stated it in a polite and respectful way.

I would however like to ask if you can give me an example of where in the Bible that it says that being homosexual is wrong? Specifically in the New Testament, if possible, as many Christians don't follow everything in the Old Testament. You can use and example from the Old Testament if you do follow everything from it, though :)

Ranger0203 and Skaros123 like this.
  11. xoxPandaGirlxox

xoxPandaGirlxox Well-Known Meeper

i dont mind ppl being gay or gay rights but i find it weird. But it is what ppl choses to do it their lives and let em do it it what they want to do not us?

12. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

I have re-searched this topic a lot and here is a little thing I found on this

The Bible is consistent through both Old and New Testaments in confirming that homosexuality is sin (Genesis 19:1–13;Leviticus 18:22;20:13;Romans 1:26–27;1 Corinthians 6:9;Jude 1:7). In this matter, the New Testament reinforces what the Old Testament had declared since the Law was given to Moses (Leviticus 20:13). The difference between the Old and New Testaments is that the New Testament offers hope and restoration to those caught up in the sin ofhomosexualitythrough the redeeming power of Jesus. It is the same hope that is offered to anyone who chooses to accept it (John 1:12;3:16–18).

God’s standards of holiness did not change with the coming of Jesus, because God does not change (Malachi 3:6;Hebrews 13:8). The New Testament is a continuing revelation of God’s interaction with humanity. God hated idolatry in the Old Testament (Deuteronomy 5:8), and He still hates it in the New (1 John 5:21). What was immoral in the Old Testament is still immoral in the New.

The New Testament says that homosexuality is a “shameful lust” (Romans 1:26), a “shameful act,” an abandonment of “natural relations” (Romans 1:27), a “wrongdoing” (1 Corinthians 6:9), and “sexual immorality and perversion” (Jude 1:7). Homosexuality carries a “due penalty” (Romans 1:27), “is contrary to the sound doctrine” (1 Timothy 1:10), and is listed among the sins that bar people from the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9). Despite the attempts of some to downplay these verses, the Bible could not be clearer that homosexuality is a sin against God.

Homosexuality is not the cause of a society’s decline, but it is a symptom of it; it is the result of people making themselves the final authorities.Romans 1gives the natural digression of a society that has chosen idolatry and sinful pleasure instead of obedience to God. The downward spiral begins with denying that God has absolute authority over His creation (Romans 1:21–23).

The result of a society’s rejection of God’s rule in their lives is that God gives “them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator” (Romans 1:24–25). Verses 26 and 27 say, “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.” The phrase “God gave them over” means that when we insist on shaking our fists at God, He finally lets us have the perversion we demand. And that is a judgment in itself. Homosexual behavior is the result of ignoring God and trying to create our own truth. When we defy God’s clear instruction, we reap the “due penalty” of our disobedience (2 Thessalonians 1:8–9;Revelation 21:8).

The good news is that homosexuality is not the unpardonable sin. It is forgivable just like greed, theft, and murder are forgivable when we repent and turn to Jesus (Acts 2:38). He provides us with new identities (1 Peter 1:14;Colossians 2:13).Second Corinthians 5:17says that “if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” Those “old” things include former sins that once held us captive. Whereas we were once defined by our sin, being born again (John 3:3) means we are now defined by Jesus and His righteousness (Colossians 3:3). A thief no longer has to define himself as a thief. He is cleansed from his former ways and made new in Christ. A murderer—such as Saul before he became theapostle Paul—is forgiven and conformed to the image of Christ (Galatians 1:13;1 Corinthians 15:9;Romans 8:29). And someone trapped in homosexuality can be set free to walk in purity when he or she agrees with God about sin and trusts His power to forgive and restore.

As has been noted,1 Corinthians 6:9–10includes homosexuals in a list of those who will not have a part in God’s kingdom. But verse 11 goes on to say, “Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.” The truth is that some of the saints in the Corinthian church were former homosexuals. God’s kingdom is populated by sinners. No one comes to God on personal merit. We all come the same way: throughrepentance, renouncing the sin for which Jesus died, and accepting the righteousness of Christ in its place (2 Corinthians 5:21).

The New Testament offers good news for everyone struggling with sexual identity. Jesus wants to replace our sinful lifestyles with His own righteousness so that we become more like Him.

Read more if you would like to at http://www.gotquestions.org/New-Testament-homosexuality.html#ixzz3fg1nWDiM

13. xoxPandaGirlxox

xoxPandaGirlxox Well-Known Meeper

In my own opinion If people want To be Gay they can .Because i really dont mind . Gay and Lesbians are Making the world better because before there were Gay or lesBians only female and male were alloud to get marride but now a lady and lady can get married i respect everybodys oppinon i dont have no hatred for lesbians or gay people.

14. Ranger0203

Do you speak English?

15. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

xD

16. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

While your points are interesting, I find what this person has to say about Corinthians and Timothy to be very interesting as well. He also goes into explaining "eunuchs", which I think is one of the most compelling parts of the Bible. Translations in English can, and very well do change meaning. You don't look so much as to what the text means today, but rather, what they meant at the time the Bible was written.

chaos546 and Forest like this.
  17. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

Keep in mind that what I have posted is my opinion and only mine although this does change my thoughts a little

Skaros123 likes this.
  18. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Pork

Erebus45 likes this.
  19. Ranger0203

Bacon.

20. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

I do not agree with the part where the bible says we are not aloud to get pig meat I love bacon

Ranger0203 likes this.