1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

Negative reinforcement does work. Drill Instructors, Sports Coaches, Breaking horses, etc. In the case of breaking horses, it's chosen because it's efficient and easy. However, horses that are treated gently often behave better. Sports coaches use it because it's effective. If you know that when you mess up, you're going to be yelled at, and then have to run for half an hour, you're less likely to mess up. Drill Instructors, I've heard, are very into negative reinforcement. This is because, on the whole, people like to avoid unpleasantness. If you are whipped every time you say the word 'like', you will probably stop saying like very quickly. However, you will also resent the people who whipped you. So, even though you may be angry with your DI, you'll have whatever they were trying to teach you ingrained on a basic level.

In your case, it would have worked, but Olivia pushed too hard, and the unpleasantness outweighed the value of her as a friend.

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  2. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

It wouldn't have worked, because if you note, these people are all in the position of authority. However much she would have loved to have power over me, we are equals, and thus, negative reinforcement in this case would not have worked.

chaos546 likes this.
  3. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

The bibles teachings were based off what was for its time. Jesus mentions that, and the rules he teaches are true, but the consequences are left to the people of the world, much less if he or she be condemned to hell.

4. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

If you belive it :cool: (I don't belive)

Ranger0203 likes this.
  5. legendcaleb

I respect that, science and creation will always combat each other ,

Ranger0203 and TimtheFireLord like this.
  6. Fangdragon1998

Truth can't contradict truth :3

legendcaleb likes this.
  7. legendcaleb

But there's no proof to prove either 100% correct, so which is the truth we might never know :)

8. Ranger0203

Challenge accepted.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 30, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 30, 2015 ---
    Well, there's more 'proof' to support science... Because that's the nature of science. Now, science can still be wrong, but in some cases (The earth goes around the sun) it seems irrefutable.

9. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

10. TNT404

TNT404 Popular Meeper

Churches have too much power. Religion must stay out of Politics, that simple. But it won't, and times are changing. Imo Gays and Lesbians are wrong, but the more you deny them the louder the cries get, and honestly what is the harm of legalizing it? That's right there isn't any, in fact it will cause less unrest... Among people with a shred of intelligence...

Churches should not have rights, neither should businesses. They are not people, they are not living, they are not sentient. They have no right or ground to deny people their rights, nor should they be able to. They're kinda like a hobby, but nothing more.

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  11. Ranger0203

Maybe the Church doesn't have the rights, but does the Priest?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 30, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 30, 2015 ---
    It may have, but probably not to the extent she wanted it to. I'll use an example from my life; One time I said I didn't like art. My friend, upset by this, slapped me. That slap was in good fun, but she was unhappy that I didn't like art, and I was unhappy she was unhappy. I also didn't want to get slapped again, so now I keep my opinions about art to myself.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 30, 2015 ---
    The funny part is, I went to great lengths to avoid the slap. I ended up running the rest of the way to school. Then I sat down in Geometry class, and forgot that my friend had Algebra 1 next door... She came in right before class and smacked the back of my head :p. It was pretty funny, actually.

12. Fangdragon1998

I'd like to think you did it out of respect for her, not just to avoid getting slapped :p. I'm pretty sure, anyway, that you could easily block it or stay out of range.

Ranger0203 likes this.
  13. Ranger0203

I tried that. She doesn't give up easily :p. And yeah, part of the reason why I don't talk about it is respect, and part is I don't want to hurt her feelings, because that makes me feel bad.

14. TNT404

TNT404 Popular Meeper

15. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

I really have to disagree with this. We have a separation of church and state for a reason. Marriage licenses are given by the state, not the church. A priest should not be forced to officiate a marriage that goes against his religious beliefs. In fact, they are protected under the 1st amendment for it and can decline many marriages. In my church, they will not marry you if you are not Orthodox. The very same concept can be applied to same-sex couples. Don't agree with the church? You still are well within your own rights to get married elsewhere.

16. Ranger0203

@TNT404 So you would have the rights of the priest taken away?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 1, 2015 ---
    That argument has a point, but I think no rights is a little extreme. Maybe different rights, because corporations with the same rights as citizens actually have more, because they can do more with those rights. If that makes any sense.

17. Adam34falcon

18. Ranger0203

Umm... Do you have a point? @ADAM OP

19. Adam34falcon

I was agreeing with legend

20. Ranger0203

k lol :p