1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

New Spawn.

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Chaase5, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

I know that many staff may disagree with this, but I think the community will back me up on this one.

The spawn that we have right now is decent at best (my opinion). The layout of it is poor and things are scrambled around at random places. Overall it is hard to get around and can be very confusing (if a new player). I think the look of the spawn is great, but it seems to get bland after looking at it for such a long time.

Many new things are being added. You might say that the spawn is super big and has enough space for them, but there are getting placed in bad places. They are too spread out . It's just starting to get way unorganized.

Lastly, all of the players are getting bored of this new spawn. It has been here for about 9 months (correct me if I am wrong), and it has died. People used to sit in spawn and do other things in it. Now it is just dead. The most people I see there are about 20 at a time.

With a new spawn we could have many new things that would benefit the server and community more:
    • More organized
    • New Terrarium
    • Places for new things being added (Pets, Stocks, ect...)
    • Layout improvement
    • More welcoming to new players (Tutorial isn't the best right now)
    • Keep the spawn changing and fresh
    • Better donor spawn
    These are just some of the many things that would make the spawn better. Lets get some feedback and show the staff that a new spawn could be great.

Thanks!

2. SaracenTheLeader

SaracenTheLeader Popular Meeper

3. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

+1

Chaase5 likes this.
  4. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

You can't be serious... We made a new spawn because you guys wanted it. It was extremely expensive and took a very long time to make. We can't make a new spawn with the snap of a finger because you guys are "getting bored with spawn". It is a very very amazing spawn and it represents how good of a server we own. So we can't just make a new spawn. It takes time, money, and lots of the important things that need to be done will be put on hold.

5. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

I never said that this would be implemented right this second did I? How about you take the time to read my post and stop jumping to conclusions.

legendcaleb, Ace, nhjed and 2 others like this.
  6. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

It was only expensive because Fuzzlr took that route for the spawn - instead of using the Architects he already had. The server has many, many architects who could create a spawn much greater than the current if they worked as a team. That was very ignorant of you, completely ignoring all his main points as to why he is suggestion for the new spawn. I don't particularly like the current spawn for many reasons, but I'm also not that fussed for the server getting a brand new spawn at this moment.

Following on from you first point, "We made a new spawn because you guys wanted it" Sure people wanted a new spawn, as with everyone - they want new stuff, but your point is irrelevant as the community had little to no say for the spawn.

And for your second point, "So we can't just make a new spawn. It takes time, money, and lots of the important things that need to be done will be put on hold" The current staff team is much larger than it's ever been with all the new architects, techs and moderation staff, while still taking on applications. The server has more than enough people for this, a new spawn isn't the largest project in the world and like I said, it can easily be achieved - or Fuzzlr could always pay someone out of Meep to build another spawn, taking no time off from the current operations.

and like Nerf said, that it wouldn't be implemented right this second is just like any other suggestion, a new spawn isn't any different.

Anyway, like I said in my previous reply and in this reply - I'm still for a new spawn, some time in the future.

7. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

Draqq likes this.
  8. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

-1, I like the current spawn, it's nice.

SillySilver, Pmx728 and adlovesdogs like this.
  9. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

10. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

I like the current spawn, I have some amazing shaders shots with it. Maybe what we could do, create a new spawn with the same theme, only smaller and easier to navigate. The spawn is extremely laggy (Only gets like 30fps in spawn) cause of the size of it. We could in theory remake the old spawn (MN spawn) not the floating island one but the one that had creepers on ice etc. A lot of people loved that spawn and In my opinion, it was good looking. Now that the server has upgraded hardware, it should have no problem running it. If I am correct, a couple of players have a world save of that spawn? Maybe not but something along those lines would be good. Fuzzlr wouldn't have to pay a lot. We could even have rotations (Every couple of months) which have a new spawn (Ones we already have) so players never get bored of the spawn we have now.
    We could in theory do that but depending on what the staff say, it may vary.
    In all, a lot of players would like the "original spawn" back (Yes I remember the one before that) and so would I, it would benefit from it as player capacity (not a problem) would be higher as well. It has a lot of fun things and the dedicated buildings the spawn had were amazing.
    Opinions?

11. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

Oh yes it was! I loved the current spawn. I loved every bit of it. I remember the old Creepers On Ice arena when Meepcraft was just created. It was the 2nd level above the Mob Arena, which had 5-10 (I have no idea) mob spawners.

12. Jdude5786

Jdude5786 Popular Meeper

+1

It needs to be Noob/Friendly/Simple. Square platform two levels. Bottom level has 4 portals on the walls of each cardinal direction to the following areas: PVP, Games, Shop/bank, and Dungeon.

Top level needs 4 more portals in each cardinal direction: Towny A/B, Wild, Skyblock, Creative.

That's it, that's all spawn needs to be. Make it out of Cobble or whatever I don't care but don't make it so complicated.

Toostenheimer likes this.
  13. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

Basic spawns that are highly detailed are nice. I remember the MeepCraft 1.0 spawn I would actually walk to all the warps just to enjoy the simpleness of it rather than just warping to all the locations because the current spawn is so damn complicated.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  14. DeadlyPoptartz

DeadlyPoptartz Celebrity Meeper

I do like our spawn, but it is so huge it is complicated to get around and can cause lag for weaker computers.
    I +2000 this idea
    AlsoV
    And the Donor lounge is terrible.
    It is hard to find your way to normal player spawn without using a warp to get to it.

15. Ender_Knight300

Ender_Knight300 Meeper

I think this is a good idea but at the same time I don't think it is. I personally like the design of the spawn we have now, and in my opinion, it looks better than the old spawn back in 2012-2013. BUT the reason I liked the old spawn so much is because it was so well organized and spacious. A new player could look up from the old spawn and know exactly where to go.

The current spawn is appealing to me in looks, but the organization could be worked on. I wouldn't say we need to get a new spawn - that is for drastic measures. What the staff and the community can do, however, is improve the new spawn, instead of starting from scratch and have a new one. Improvements to the spawn would be much, much less time and effort as opposed to making a new spawn.

Or we could not do this and bring the old spawn back :p

(P.S. None of this has to be taken into effect:))

kbrewer3 and Deinen like this.
  16. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

Yes we can. This is Minecraft, it's not like it would cost anything. Unless you hire builders, which would be stupid because we already have a great team of architects.

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  17. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

While every comment you make on every single thread on the forums makes me cringe. I don't agree with your statement.BUT

-1 for other reasons.

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  18. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

That's what I think about AdLovesDogs too! He can be so ignorant...

19. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

If you don't have anything nice to say that isn't related to this thread. Don't say it at all c:

20. CreeperCristi

CreeperCristi Popular Meeper

+/-, Kind of like this current spawn, but seeing a new/updated one would be nice also :)