1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Rank/Chat Color Adjustments

Discussion in 'Denied' started by StopResetting, May 26, 2015.

1. Skythekid1526

Skythekid1526 Popular Meeper

We are FUNDING the server so that we can even have this server

buildmaster1000x likes this.
  2. StopResetting

StopResetting Popular Meeper

Yes your donations definitely do help the server but Elite already has more than enough perks. Supreme and Ultimate are very lacking and you do not see as many members rank up to either of the two. There needs to be more incentive for players to donate to Supreme and Ultimate so that the server can gain even more donations rather than stay stalemate with 240 Elites who do not want to rank up or see no need to. This is why Elite should not have colored text. Anyway for the fact the aqua is already enticing you and other Elites on this thread I would say its definitely going to do its job if put in for Ultimate. :p

edit:
    Is this supposed to be what Chaase was suggesting? That's a completely different suggestion if its that. If so consider that that would actually spur up confusion if the ranks are removed in place of colored names. New members won't know who's what rank.

Lady_Hestia and SX1 like this.
  3. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

If they had more ult perks then more people would donate for that perk. If ultimates got the aqua color maybe more people will go over to ultimate. (I remember when people said they will stay supreme because purple is better than gold, /fly is the only reason they would want ult.)

Staff should be warmer colors, they're easier to notice. HAPPY COLORS!!!!!!!

Anyways, I'm done arguing here. I don't want to be the reason that the staff close the thread.

KariStar86 likes this.
  4. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

Didn't cast my vote. +1. I think colored chat for maybe Premium or Exclusive would be nice.

5. Bluapol

Bluapol Media Team Meeper

[​IMG]

SX1 likes this.
  6. jipdos2

jipdos2 Celebrity Meeper

sad face D:

7. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

i like this if supreme is green or blue

8. Historicmush

Historicmush Popular Meeper

Supreme is perfect at purple, but I really get annoyed at ultimate being orange. I guess I have something against orange, but it hurts my eyes D:

9. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

There are only so many colors they can choose. It's fine the way it is now. And with the bukkit plug in you can only have so many perks and other crap running on the server at a time for it to be playable. They're doing an amazing job as it is right now, sure could it be better? Yes. But it could also be a hell of a lot worse, a hell of a lot.

10. buildmaster1000x

buildmaster1000x Popular Meeper

Read her initial post. She's not reinventing the wheel. She is just suggesting a color change that would fit better with progression in the staff hierarchy.

11. Smshortstack

Smshortstack Popular Meeper

12. marshallmafers

I was quoting off of Blaze's post above I just didn't feel it necessary to directly quote it as I thought people would be smart enough to realize that wasn't a real reply to the main thread.

13. buildmaster1000x

buildmaster1000x Popular Meeper

Blaz didn't ask for new colors either.

14. Supershot1200

Supershot1200 Popular Meeper

It took a while, but I recreated what the chatlog formats would look like for each rank since the forums colored chat unfortunately just doesn't properly match what it looks like in the game. The following is what each standard player rank would look like:
    [​IMG]

In an extremely odd regular day, this is what the chatlog might look like if I was on a political rampage:
    [​IMG]

Based off of the suggested chat, my personal suggestions are:
    • Change the "official meeper" messages to gray - they clutter the chatlog with yellow and make it harder to read the yellow staff member chat.
    • Highlight the ClearLag warnings of some sort. Changing the "Warning" label or the number of seconds left to red/dark_red would help players to see this message and avoid dropping items, even if the red color was only on the 20 seconds warning.
    • Change the standard Meep-Shouts to gray. This will further reduce the clutter of yellow in the chatlog which will make staff member messages much more noticeable; this will be especially necessary if Mod chat will be changed to yellow.
    • Use the first color method. In my opinion, a yellow rank tag combined with a yellow chatlog text color simply doesn't look well combined.

If said suggestions were to be applied, the chatlog would look like this:
    [​IMG]

[EDIT 1] Edited as to make the multi-line player text indented as it normally is on Meepcraft (when it works) :p

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  15. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

I noticed the [supermod] thing in supershot's pic about how smods can avoid filters, and it reminded me to ask: why CAN smods avoid filters? what purpose does it serve, other than allowing Castroifyer to make sex refs while he bans other people for sex refs?

16. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

+1 Supershot I really like the examples.

You really need to calm down bud. Your post is very irrelevant to this thread tbh I have no idea why you posted here.

17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Yes, that is why. It's because we're awesome and we don't need rules, and we all get to spawn in 3 double chests of gold blocks. We don't even need to follow rules, want to see our rules?

https://goo.gl/BYCc2v

18. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

That was really helpful to see, and those are great suggestions. :) Only thing I notice now is that Ultimate text blends in with the server names... which isn't really an issue when it's a SuperMod color, but could lead to a sea of cyan as a player color, lol.

Self burn! :confused:

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  19. marshallmafers

idk It just doesn't seem right. I think the colors should stay the same, the only one that needs to be changed is the Pink Architect one.

20. lightspeedtitan

lightspeedtitan Popular Meeper

Ahh the thing is Super forgot to put the indentations in so you could see it reflect it properly.

Imo the gray chat for the announcements looks better than i thought