1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Rank/Chat Color Adjustments

Discussion in 'Denied' started by StopResetting, May 26, 2015.

1. Bluapol

Bluapol Media Team Meeper

2. chirp1234

chirp1234 Celebrity Meeper

+1

I defo agree with this crazy cat woman ;0

We don't want our Soup Mods fading into the background with their current chat colour they have, right? ;')

3. Historicmush

Historicmush Popular Meeper

4. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

My opinions: I love purple (interestingly, Supreme text is actually pink - the purple titles just make it seem less pink-ish), but I also liked the cyan SuperMod color (I agree it would be popular with Ultimates), and didn't mind the teal Mod color that some people complain about. Now I have orange, which I don't like as much, but it is quite visible. Yellow is, too, or would be if it was more rare... which leads me to...

My suggestions: There are still frequent server broadcasts that use yellow and blend in with Helper text, so I think one or the other needs to change. I keep making pleas to get rid of the yellow spam, so I'll do it again in the hopes that it's finally granted, lol. Whatever colors the various staff ranks wind up with, they need to stand out from the rest of chat. Also, no colored text for player ranks besides Supreme and Ultimate (sorry Elites and under... I wanted the colors too, but that's part of what makes them such a great perk). :)

5. icoolguyi

icoolguyi Popular Meeper

ehh i agree

6. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Maybe if we could disable the meep alerts... They're pretty pointless imo.

ShadowBlizzard likes this.
  7. StopResetting

StopResetting Popular Meeper

Well they can be helpful for new players though, maybe they could be toggle-able?
    I do remember something that was mentioned ages ago about ranked members no longer seeing advertisements for lower ranks or their own. Whatever became of that?

I'll agree the teal isn't that bad, but in my eyes its a bit hard to see. The reason for the suggestion being aimed at reverting it back to the color it was before is meant to have it fit into the theme targeted at staff colors so that chat can be a bit more organized, and easier to see.

I can see what you mean by the yellow spam concerning the broadcasts. I think the issue with it may be that the broadcasts come on too frequently. Some things such as a CTF game being won or a spleef win of 1k+ should be removed from announcements as well. I don't necessarily see anyone really caring that much for it but that's just what I think. There is another thing I will mention that I've said in the past - the "Player is now an official meeper!" announcement should only broadcast to the person who completed the tutorial not the whole server. Well I guess this is suddenly turning into a whole different suggestion kekekeh.

Lady_Hestia and KariStar86 like this.
  8. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Maybe after a week of playing on the server you can toggle it. By then I assume you would know that there is spleef / airship etc.

I wouldn't mind airship being the only alert because it's 2 alerts every hour (5 mins and 1min)

9. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

-1 I like the orange color for Ultimate's. There should be no reason for them to change. I do see the problem with Supremes not having enough perks at its cost, but this does not mean to just give the Ultimate color to the Supreme one, and Dark blue? That will look so stupid, no one would want to buy Ultimate. The colors are find the way they are, if any color needs to change is the PINK Architecture one.

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  10. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

If I were you, I'd write a sentence with the color for each rank. Easier to envision. Also, I think that Mod chat should be different from helper chats. They are not the same ranks and the difference between them should be noted by their chat color as every other rank. Super mod text actually looks amazing with how it is rn and imo is the best colored text. It doesn't need to have logical color progression in order of ranks. Also I dont et the asertion that the text color is hard to read, then suggest we have it on another rank. if its hard to red, then why not get rid of it and use a diff color completely Im pretty much -1 except for the fact that I still believe ultimates shuld be able to pick thier chat color and switch between them with a cooldown timer. for 32-0 its not the hardest thing to impliment for them

11. ShadowBlizzard

ShadowBlizzard Celebrity Meeper

+1
    The brightness of Orange colors can get a bit irritating and although it makes it stand out, it doesn't blend in well enough with the whole chat. I think that the staff colors are fine as they are (except Helper) and switching up a few colors here and there would actually be a nice new thing to see.
    I know if Ultimate had a color that I liked, I'd actually want the rank, not just "eh it'd be nice to have."

However for all the elites complaining on this thread: Huge -1 for Elite colored chat. It's already a strong enough rank, it has a great amount of elites already, I think we should just keep colors to Supreme/Ultimate. If not, we just took out a huge value from those two ranks.

Muunkee-Alexia and CreeperCristi like this.
  12. K9_Caper

K9_Caper Celebrity Meeper

As previously said, this is a community based server where there will be room for improvement. I personally will +1 this idea not only for the logical reasons, but I would also like a change.

StopResetting likes this.
  13. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

14. StopResetting

StopResetting Popular Meeper

Perhaps the Mod Rank could change to yellow as well along with the brackets []?
    Supermod's text is seen as the best - you agree with that - hence it should be for the highest donator rank.
    I'll agree there doesn't need to be a progression order of ranks but it'll organize things.

The text color is being taken out as chat. The only place you'd see it would be within the [Rank] of Ultimate just as how Supermod is currently set-up. As a chat color it is not the greatest but as a rank color it isn't too bad because there won't be as much writing with it other than one word. With what you mentioned about Ultimates switching between chat color - light and I spoke to Fuzzlr himself about a prev suggestion to allow Ultimates to change between the purple chat of Supreme and possiblely white chat. He said that that would not be happening as he wants each rank to have its own designated color.

Sure I can do that, and thanks for the feedback.
    [Helper] Meow Meow Meow Meow
    [Mod] Woof Woof Woof Woof
    or
    [Mod] Woof Woof Woof Woof
    [Supermod] Ribbit Ribbit Ribbit
    [Admin] Moo Moo Moo Moo
    [Ultimate] Squack Squack Squack

K9_Caper likes this.
  15. Bluapol

Bluapol Media Team Meeper

How About:
    [Admin] text text text
    [SuperMod] text text text
    [Mod] text text text
    [Helper] text text text
    [Ultimate] text text text
    [Supreme] text text text

Looks nice -( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)-

16. jipdos2

jipdos2 Celebrity Meeper

Elites Deserve Aqua Chat I Tested It In My Own World And It Looks Amazing!

17. Skythekid1526

Skythekid1526 Popular Meeper

Or Like this:
    [Name] Citizen
    [Name] Vip
    [Name] Premium
    [Name] Exclusive
    [Name] Elite
    [Name] Supreme *
    [Name] Ultimate *
    [Name] Helper *
    [Name] Mod *
    [Name] Super - Mod *
    [Name] Admin/Onis *
    [Name] Fuzzlr *

All these ranks are NOT meant to be the colors of chat except for the ones with a *, It is meant for the COLOR of the name of the person. For Example -

[Skythekid1526]:
    Hi how's it goin?

OR

[IGDMentalChicken]: Potatoes are lovely

Thanks for considering this and try to put these in :)

18. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

*Face desk repeatedly*

If you want chat to be just all Aqua, with small amounts of purple and orange.
    Elites are one of the most common ranks talking in shout. You guys already have /fix, /nv, more /dis's, /hat, and can mine spawners.

You guys don't need anything else!

19. Skythekid1526

Skythekid1526 Popular Meeper

Ya but Ults have /fly, and we are always trying to make Meep a better place :beaver:

20. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

If you pay $320 for just /fly..

For a $320 rank that gives you almost nothing...