1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Removal of [Rank] before name in chat.

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Chaase5, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redolwolf

Redolwolf Popular Meeper

Exactly.

Cherrykit likes this.
  2. weewoozesty

weewoozesty Popular Meeper

Or, here's an idea.

Why not just put an extra tab in that says. (Citizen) would save trouble. Sure its a few extra letters. But who cares?!?!

Epicdude141 and GroovyGrevous like this.
  3. Dannerzz

Dannerzz Popular Meeper

+1, I beleive some colors should be changed, because sometimes i see a VIP but i think they's Helpers, so, long story short, I have messaged to many VIP's.

4. ryker26

ryker26 Well-Known Meeper

If were goin with this just give VIP players /fly while were at it. Actually don't do that but -1000000 on the idea, Supreme's n Ults paid alot of moola for the colored text sooooo we should keep it that way. <3

Summers likes this.
  5. Sarge926

Sarge926 Celebrity Meeper

Why not keep things traditional?

In addition, I would prefer the old fashioned "Trial-Mod" instead of "Helper"

6. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

Horrible Idea Cause Then New Members Will not Know What Your Rank Is.

7. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Ehhh how is 'Trial-Mod' better? 'Helper' perfectly describes the current role, whereas 'Trial-Mod' described the old role; they are actually completely different roles.

'Helper' constitutes someone who primarily helps with modreqs and generally assists the server and the other staff members. There is no definite time between becoming a Helper and becoming a Mod, and you need to apply for Moderator in order to become one. You could stay a Helper indefinitely if you so wish. A Helper is as much a part of the team and has as many chances as other staff members. They do not have a 'trial' period to prove themselves to the team; they are a part of it from the start. Their merit is based upon all of their work and the quality of their work, rather than the amount of modreqs they do.

'Trial-Mod', on the other hand, is someone who is in a training or trial period before becoming a full Moderator. I believe in the first Meepcraft, the trial period was between 1-2 weeks. If you were not up to par at the end of that, you were demoted. If you were up to par, you were promoted to Moderator. 'Up to par' in this case generally meant doing nothing but modreqs and modreqs and more modreqs. No matter how good of a job you did, generally your promotion was based upon your modreq count. You were forced to either be demoted or be promoted; you could not stay a Trial-Mod forever. You did not need to apply for Moderator, as it would be handed to you depending on what you did as a Trial-Moderator.

Do you see the difference? Not to mention that Trial-Mod is associated with a time when nearly all of the staff members abused their power in some way, shape or form, leaving me reluctant to accept it back as a term used when our current staff team is miles ahead of what that one was.

Here's a good quote by a person who was actually staff at the time of it's use;
    Anyways, signing off. This is a lot off topic, but I felt the need to address it and nip it in the bud before it got out of hand :)

JumboAce, Sarge926 and GroovyGrevous like this.
  8. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

I agree with this. Also, I think there should be a non-donor rank with no perks for Citizens who have actively played Meepcraft for a ceartian amount of time. The rank could be called "Veteran" or "Regular" or something like that. It wouldn't do anything other than show up in chat. It would just be a way for the rare citizens that are not noobs (like me) to show that. I just hate how everyone assumes I am a nooby, stupid 10 year old just cause I have no rank. In reality, I am rankless simply because I do not spend money on in-game purchases, because when the game stops working or I get bored with it, there is no way to get back the money that I spent.

Redolwolf likes this.
  9. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

Did you even read my thread? The chat would still be purple for supreme and orange for ultimate. It would just look like this : ChaaseOG: This is the way it should be.

Epicdude141 likes this.
  10. ryker26

ryker26 Well-Known Meeper

You should explain it better <3

11. SwagUnitedFC

SwagUnitedFC Well-Known Meeper

+1
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 23, 2015 ---
    Ryker... Your an idiot, it's explained perfectly.

Chaase5 and Redolwolf like this.
  12. JumboAce

JumboAce Celebrity Meeper

ty <3

13. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

14. Dat_Coffee

Don't bump your threads. It is annoying and nobody likes it.

15. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

lol. Have fun with the forum ban if you keep this up.

16. Dat_Coffee

Why would they ban me because you bumped a thread?

17. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

I don't mind it. Therefore I just proved your logic wrong.

Chaase5 likes this.
  18. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

Don't be a jackass, it's annoying and nobody likes it
    Bumping is part of any forums
    Attitude doesn't need to be

Epicdude141 and Chaase5 like this.
  19. Dat_Coffee

If a thread is good, people will read it. If people are not reading it, obviously they do not want to read the thread, so don't bump the thread to try to get people to read it when they don't want to. If they want to read the thread, they will, and if they don't want to, then bumping it just annoys them.

20. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Often times with threads, there is so much content that it will get buried. Bumping it is a way to revive the discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.