1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

I will. All I know about it is who it was written by, the name of who is apparently bannable under some circumstances.
    Wow ok
    Yeah, good messages can come from bad sources. In that case I just ignore that it came from any source.

2. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

To answer the question

As long as they don't try to involve me in it in any sort of way people can do whatever the hell they want

Ranger0203 and Cookies713 like this.
  3. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

I would counter Ghandi by saying that, for you religious people anyway, the bible says 'turn the other cheek' (i'm pretty sure) but we only have two cheeks for a reason.

4. Cookies713

First off,
    <--- not religious. Atheist.
    Where does the Bible say "Turn the other cheek" and what is meant by that? Genuinely curious, not trying to be sarcastic.

5. Ranger0203

I mean you as in all of the religious people out there, not you specifically. And I believe it meant that literally, if someone slaps you, you turn away your hurt cheek and allow the other one to be slapped. Metaphorically, I think they meant that if someone attacks/hurts you, be tolerant and just take it. Idk though, because I'm flickering between Atheist and Agnostic.

6. Cookies713

Yeet I don't support that message.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  7. Ranger0203

Lol, if you take it with "An eye for an eye" it would be pretty good. Even though they effectively cancel each other out. So I guess since the good/badness ratio is 0, it's good? Or at least not bad? Which is good? Or it's not good? Which is bad?
    I hate metaphors.

8. Cherokee Rose

Cherokee Rose Meeper

I definitely believe everyone should have the right to marry. Being bisexual, I think that as long as you're not hurting anyone you should be allowed to do whatever you want. I completely understand and respect people who don't like it, for religious reasons or not, but there is a reason we have separation of church and state. And I think we have to respect the fact that even if it is wrong in the eyes of God, it has nothing to do with you. Let them be, and continue on with your life. :) <3

9. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

just a shout out. one more week until the supreme court ruling that will probably be the biggest thing to affect american society since the brown v board of education case.

Skaros123 and Empoleon_master like this.
  10. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

It's possible that it might come as soon as Friday.
    I saw that they added Friday (June 26th) as an opinion day. June 26th was when two other major Supreme Court rulings for LGBT rights were made. Lawrence v Texas and Windsor v United States were both decided on June 26th, just 10 years apart. I skimmed the Supreme Court website for the past several years and saw no other time the court issued rulings on a Friday. From what I'm seeing, it looks like they want to make this ruling special by making it on yet another June 26th... which would only work if it's a ruling in favor of LGBT rights.

Either way, this ruling is going to be big!

Also, I disagree with Brown v Board of Education being the last big case to affect America. Bush v Gore was definitely the biggest case.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  11. SirGiggly

SirGiggly Celebrity Meeper

On?

12. Skaros123

Gay marriage. They are deciding whether states are required by our constitution to issue same-sex marriage licenses. I'm saying the ruling might come as soon as Friday. Normally, the High Court waits until the last minute to release the big rulings.

13. M0W0G

M0W0G Celebrity Meeper

I dont understand why people care if your homosexual or not i mean for real there making laws about it. its stupid people say oh its gonna lead to people marrying animal but thats just and excuse to get away with it. i see no problem with anyone be homosexual.

Stalker and Ranger0203 like this.
  14. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

It's also important to respect that all people deserve equal rights. Even if the majority of the population does not think someone deserves rights based on something about them that they can not control, they still deserve rights.

Stalker and Empoleon_master like this.
  15. Ranger0203

"...Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness..." I suppose it's guaranteed

16. iMelXP

iMelXP bean team

I don't think there's actually any argument here against gay marriage, just quite a few people who either don't really agree with gay existence or don't understand it but are kindhearted enough not to want to police it.
    If I did manage to miss someone on these 48 pages that genuinely believes their belief should take away my freedom, please come forward.
    Otherwise, I'm proud of y'all. B)

17. Ranger0203

B) ? is that supposed to be a smiley face, or a second reason or something that never had a first reason to follow?

18. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

Today's the day SCOTUS makes the ruling official, may all deities hope that they give everyone the right to marry.

19. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

It's a smiley with sunglasses.

20. Skaros123

Well... it might be on Monday. I'm hoping it's today, though.

1Achmed1 and Empoleon_master like this.