1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

/record or /Video

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Skythekid1526, Jun 12, 2015.

?

Yah or Nah

1. Yah

33.3%
  2. Nah

26.7%
  3. /record or /re

26.7%
  4. /video or /v

26.7%
  5. What am I doing

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skythekid1526

Skythekid1526 Popular Meeper

By Skythekid1526 - Survivor of a range Hacker in PvP

"One day while I was playing Kitpvp... I saw a player with no armor at all. He had a teenager skin on and had yellow hair...So i went up to him and struck my Oakensheilds Hammer, but he didn't die nor did he move from knock back...So i went up again and swung it...Nothing. Then out of nowhere he jumps 5 meters in the air and strikes me with his fist and I immediately die..."
    -None of this is True

So heres a suggestion that I think everyone should have...THE RECORDINATOR 3000!! It would basically go like this, someone in Kitpvp is hacking and is ruining everything, you report it to a staff member, but they say you need "Proof." You don't have any of this "Proof" and just want to ban the guy. But then the /record comes and saves the day! With this suggestion no hacker can ever get away with anything. It could also be shortened to /re or /v for convenience. It could either be uploaded to Forums, YouTube, or your own personal enjoyment. It would pop up a link that could go to the websites and the rest is not on Meep anymore. However, I am not sure if this is possible with vanilla Minecraft so I suggest that a plug-in could be easily installed. I hope that this command could be available for Cits+, Thanks!

2. 00000

00000 Guest

do you seriously think a third-party server can just have their own little nifty built-in recorder?

3. SaracenTheLeader

SaracenTheLeader Popular Meeper

+1 If possible to ever make on Meepcraft

4. WorkingClassHero

WorkingClassHero Popular Meeper

hahahahhaha no, its not possible

ahDraqq likes this.
  5. DBLOSEVN

DBLOSEVN Celebrity Meeper

Could be implemented as a forge/liteloader mod but it definitely would be clientside and would not really have anything to do with the server. Although a serverside plugin could be developed to accept a hook from the clientside app with a url to watch the recording.
    Doubtful meep would put the time and energy into writing these plugins though as there already are tons of screen capping apps available for free.

6. 00000

00000 Guest

Possibly, MeepCraft could buy a program like Fraps and offer it free to anyone who wants it who is on the server.

7. Skythekid1526

Skythekid1526 Popular Meeper

Cool :)

8. _Rigel

_Rigel Popular Meeper

Good Idea, however I fear people will abuse this then ending up crashing the server. Would this cause TERRIBLE lag also

9. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

Agreed. However, the idea is so good, I'm for it. +1.

_Rigel likes this.
  10. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

That depends, if it is offered client side on the forums and then a command would enable it, it wouldn't have any lag on anyone but the player recording. However if it is a server-side plugin (which I doubt is possible) than it would presumably cause lag.

Read my response above.

11. 00000

00000 Guest

That's why they could buy something like Fraps, then offer it to anyone who wants to use it. The only way to abuse is to not use it on MeepCraft, but that can't be monitored and who cares if at least some people use it for recording hackers.

And no, if everyone on the server had Fraps, it COULD lag them. And that's considering their computer isn't as good. The server itself will not lag if the above was implemented.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 13, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 13, 2015 ---
    The plugin isn't possible, and if it was, as you said, it would cause immense lag.

Epicdude141 likes this.
  12. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Would be cool but, probably very hard to implement, if possible

13. 00000

00000 Guest

OhGod did anyone read any of my posts...Smh guys.
    ^ That's all it is tbh

14. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Moving to denied. This is not feasible, and even if it were, it is 100x easier on everyone if you just download something like Bandicam :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.