1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

You seem to not know what epi-genetics is. If you think genetics is as simple as just a Punnett square, then you really shouldn't be talking about it.

2. 1Achmed1

1Achmed1 Popular Meeper

OOO SICK BURN

No, it simply is not a choice. There's a lot of mystery surrounding homosexuality, but it most certainly is not a choice.
    Here, read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics. If you choose not to believe Wikipedia as a credible source, use one of its citations like this or these.

@Skaros123

Skaros123 likes this.
  3. Jaina

Jaina Celebrity Meeper

I personally believe that there is nothing wrong with them. They are just other people among everyone else. Why does it matter if what they think is someone pretty is different than what you think or what others think? Not everyone is the same, and you can't change that.

4. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Gay people may not realize they are gay.
    Gay people may get into heterosexual relationships to cover up the fact they are gay.
    Bisexuals and Pansexuals exist, and may have children.
    And besides, there is no gene that determines whether someone is gay or not. It is caused by a number of genetic and environmental factors.

5. 3pointone45

3pointone45 Popular Meeper

It is discrimination because of someone's sexuality is what your teacher is hating and can get fired in some states and in Canada.
    You on the other hand is disliking someone because of their opinions. It goes the same for me. Say if I dislike you for liking purple, I have every right to dislike you for liking purple. There is a reason why we do not like everyone in the world. Also there is nothing in the bible that is against gays so your teacher is creating a bigger sin by hating someone when "god" told people to treat everyone the same. I do religious studies so my info isn't one hundred percent

6. Mainkreke

Mainkreke Popular Meeper

I understand the legal problems surrounding pedophilia, it was solely to attempt an understanding from the viewpoint of a homophobe.

Skaros123 and Fangdragon1998 like this.
  7. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

I've never actually heard that comparison before. It makes... weird kind of sense. Like I understand the logic. Thank you, it was a cool comparison!

8. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

I notice that there is a lot of hate for the majorities, not the minorities, in America. A gay person says they are proud of their orientation, then people think they're great for being themselves and speaking out. But if a straight person says they are proud of their orientation, people automatically assume they are a homophobe. If a black guy shoots a white guy, no one cares and its not even in the national news. But if a white guy shoots a black guy, then they are thought to be racist and a horrible person.
    Just remember: Not all straights are homophobic, not all whites are racist, and not all men are sexist.

LR_Davius and Fangdragon1998 like this.
  9. 1Achmed1

1Achmed1 Popular Meeper

I'm not sure I agree with your analogy, but your statement at the end is really well said.

Erebus45 likes this.
  10. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

Damnit, I can't find the bookmark I had for a recent, and huge scientific study showing that homosexual activity actually increases reproduction rates when they spread their genetics, all I can remember was that it was tested with a group of fruit flies that were mostly homosexual in nature, and when they bred with members of the opposite sex it turns out they were extremely fertile. Lack of the link is what happens when you have over 600+ bookmarks on one folder...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2015 ---
    The Olympic committee is Changing Caitlyn Jenner's name in the official Olympic records etc to her real name, along with letting her keep the medal in response to a hate filled protest of her winning a medal in 1978. Heart = sad.

creepersareokay likes this.
  11. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

You weren't judging him any more than you would be if he had walked down the hall and punched someone in the face for no reason. However, respect him because you obviously knew him before you found out, which meant he had kept it hidden fairly well. It shouldn't matter what he thinks in his head, only his actions. When he treats gays unfairly, THAT's when you lose respect for him. So I won't make a decision here because I don't understand the situation completely, but so far it seems like you're doing O.K. Plus, it's your choice whether you want to judge someone or not; don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  12. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

FYI, I found out after one lesson in RE (Religious Education) and I'd never been taught by him before. And we didn't talk about homosexuals in RE, nor have we since.
    Sorry if this comes out wrong. Just letting you know.

13. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

14. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

But did you know him before RE?

15. SirGiggly

SirGiggly Celebrity Meeper

and I'd never been taught by him before.

16. Cookies713

No.

17. Empoleon_master

18. Cookies713

And your point is...?

Skaros123 likes this.
  19. Empoleon_master

The bible is no way to justify hatefull BS unless you really think that half of those things in the image are worth having today, also STOP using the bible as a rule book for morals!

20. Cookies713

The Bible isn't all bad... And there are some very good messages. Why can't people base their morals off it? Sure, the whole thing isn't amazing, but there are good things too. You can't justify hate, but you can accept the good things. I don't believe the Bible, but I respect some of the messages it promotes ("treat others as you want to be treated" and such).