1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Danielrulesman's Helper->Mod Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Danielrulesman, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danielrulesman

Danielrulesman Popular Meeper

In Game Name: Danielrulesman
    Skype Username: danielmeep
    Teamspeak Username: Danielrulesman
    Mic use: I have a mic.
    Timezone: CTZ
    Hours online per weekday: (On Thursdays and Mondays, only around 20 minutes. I spend this time doing modreqs only though. Any other day I can get online 2-5 hours online though)
    Hours online per weekend: 2-5
    Position Changes: Helper->Mod

Introduction: Hey guys! My name is Daniel, and you probably all know me as a helper on the server. I love to play soccer and minecraft. I currently am in the 8th grade and am taking a multitude of advanced classes. I am a very active member of Meepcraft and have been playing for about 1 year and 3 months now. I am also of Russian/Ukrainian heritage.

Why you should be Mod?
    I believe that I have very well proven myself to be a great helper in game. I am commonly seen online helping players and enforcing the rules. I had up to 100 modreqs done my first 3 days of being a helper quite easily and have had absolutely no demotion requests. I went above and beyond
    the amount of modreqs we where supposed to complete per day. I always made sure to handle things in a professional manner and I made sure that any question a player had to ask was answered.

As much as I currently help the community, I believe that I could help even more if given the moderator position. The reason being is that as a helper I can only do so much. I commonly moderate spawn and see people spamming and cursing. I give the appropriate punishment and then they come back and begin
    cursing/spamming again. I must then quickly message a mod+ to temp ban this person, and all the while they are still cursing/spamming. This can greatly harm a player's gaming experience. Another thing that would I could do with these perms is do modreqs on griefs. I commonly see modreqs open about someone griefing their house, but there is no point in me claiming them because I have to get another mod to come afterwards and it isn't always easy. I have tried doing this as a helper and have found that it takes quite some time, which isn't a big deal to me, but is to the player. They want to get on with playing the game. Promoting me to the moderator position would allow me to quickly and effectively handle griefs/thefts, and would allow me to monitor chat more adequately as well. I am also very active on Teamspeak. I go online whenever I have the chance. I've met many players on TS and I have gained a reputation. I am always glad to help out whenever someone has a question on there and I love speaking with the community, I am also very active on the forums. As a moderator I can rise to my full potential and improve the gaming experience much more. I have been a helper long enough to be trusted with these permissions and I am highly capable of using these perms to help the server.

Another thing is, as many people have said before, the staff is not working together. We are only just barely able to maintain the server's huge playerbase. In my previous terms as a staff member, staff chat was filled with a lot of jokes and fun as well as talk about bans and such. Our staff currently has
    two groups, which are basically cliques; the PreMN staff and the MN staff. Both groups basically hate each other. This is not good. It will not help out anything at all. As a moderator I will be able to kinda 'mentor' helpers and bring together our staff, improving the way we handle things and the making the server so much better. We need a change in the way our staff treats and works with each other, and I want to help in creating that change.

I have also proven how mature I am in game. I commonly get messages from people saying 'How old are you?' I reply my age, and they are very suprised. I can also type very quickly, as I am commonly the first to kick anyone disobeying the chat rules (Not saying it's a race, Im just proving my point). I both the
    sevrer and the plugins used inside and out. Handling modreqs is a breeze.

Weaknesses: I sometimes doubt myself and hesitate to do certain things, This is not a big problem, but it happens at times. I also am young, so players will underestimate the capability of me. I also, at time, 'forget' about the chat and stop concentrating on it, but rarely happens.

Conclusion: As a helper I can only do so much. As a moderator I could greatly improve the gaming experience for everyone. I am mature, I know the server very well, and I am a trusted member of the community.

DancingCactus likes this.
  2. DeathBunny55

DeathBunny55 Popular Meeper

3. SirGiggly

SirGiggly Celebrity Meeper

I've never seen you do anything -1

4. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

I like you. Ploos wahn

5. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

-1, you're fat and ugly and no body loves you

yeah jk +1

Danielrulesman likes this.
  6. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

+5645879084523.
    Instant promotionpls.

7. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

I never saw you really getting involved enough with us as a staff team. Your cooperation was question, as was your forum work. I like your shout activity, and your modreq account was just modreq's. you need to develop skill sets outside of modreq's.

8. Klitch

Klitch

I remember you from when you used to be a mod (I think) you were amazing then and you are amazing now. :)

+1

9. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

+0.

Daniel, I really like your moderating and how you go about your daily work but aside from modreqs, I don't see you doing much. As others have suggested, you need to establish yourself working in a larger environment, getting involved with more things. I'd like to see you exhibit a more dominant or preponderant role in staff, but other than that you seem fit for this position. Good luck!

10. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

I've got to say -1.
    I hardly ever see you helping /shoutwise, and you don't seem to be active with the community, just mainly the MeepOlympics.

11. Derp Squad

Derp Squad Meeper

I don't see you helping that much in shout, and don't see you kicking very much for common problems (e.g. caps, spam, etc.) The app was great though, so I wouldn't give a full -1.

12. TheSexyNinja

TheSexyNinja Meeper

You. Didn't you say your name wasn't Daniel in the past? I smell lies. -1.

13. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

Um read it again, he still says his name is Daniel.

You're a good helper when you're online, but that isn't very often. +0

14. TheSexyNinja

TheSexyNinja Meeper

A while ago he said his name was something else, not Daniel, and a bunch of people asked why his account was Danielrulesman.

15. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Guest

+0.5
    You're not TOO active.

16. Saiakaley

Saiakaley Well-Known Meeper

-1 I didnt see you for like 2 weeks o.o maybe thats just meh

17. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Accepted for interview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.