1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepTraders

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Coelho, Nov 30, 2014.

1. danwoods5

danwoods5 Popular Meeper

+1 Great idea

2. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

I see complaints about this.

But, myself, I don't know what to think.

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  3. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

If you don't mind, I'd like like to go into a little more detail about I'd like it to work.

Shop, Display
    Place the shop at spawn, with the traders being villagers. The villagers name could be what they are buying + the price, ie 'Sand - $5'. These villagers are placed in clear view of all, but behind glass, so that people can determine whether or not it is worth it the buy the ticket. Also, make the ticket price 10-20%, maybe even 40% of the players bal. Scratch that, thats not going to work.
    Ticket
    Buying the ticket, you right click on a sign saying 'Buy Access' or something, but due to the exorbitant price it will say in chat 'Are you sure you want to buy a ticket? Say no/yes' this will prevent people from accidentally buying a rather expensive thing. Also, the ticket will be a piece of paper named 'Trade Access Ticket' or some such, and it will have the Lore 'Valid only for <playerName>', as though this will require a bit of coding it will prevent thefts.
    Selling
    Selling itself requires the player the right-click the Trader to sell 1 item, left click to sell a stack, and (maybe) shift right click to sell all they have of the item in their inventory.

These are just some suggestions, but I feel it would make it easier to use/navigate.

4. hippapajo

hippapajo Popular Meeper

Or better-
    Onis & Co decide on like six or so months' prices and items in advance :3

5. KaiUsesThis

KaiUsesThis Celebrity Meeper

Seems a little too complex. Generally, complex things don't work out as well compared to simple things.

-1 Simplify it

6. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

I am confused. Are all villagers going to be like this? Or is it just a thing in LagSpawn?

7. Jinkeloid

Jinkeloid Celebrity Meeper

Staff should understand one thing: You can't never stop anyone to make money. Basically, there's never an equality between rich people and poor people, only active players who know how to make money and lazy players who don't know anything and always begging!

8. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

I'm very interested in the idea and its quite creative.
    So an access pass buys only a month into the meeptrader's area?
    Do you have an idea of how many items will be up for sale with these traders?
    Possible suggestion if the answer to that is yes: Make there a "deal" of sorts. ex: 500k = 1month 850k = 2 months , 135k = 3 months, etc, etc. releases the burden on how much money will be taken out of the eco.

Im envisioning this playing out in a few different ways. I'm not too sure while will play out though.
    Traders want 1 stack of sand for 1k. base eco at the time was 1.5k per stack. price of sand collectively from buyers go down almost overnight because thats what they are willing to buy at. Price shifts to meet that line. Month passes, then what? Will the price of it shoot back up to normal or will it stay where it was? Its impossible to know what will happen. This might cause a lot of confusion in pricing and the publics reaction to this could have backlash.

Your scenerio doesnt exactly make sense. Im going to pretend its not gold in this case because there is a separate market for gold thanks to bank.
    Doing it with diamonds, 1) So what if they hoard diamonds? If people choose to sell to them, then that is their choice. I dont understand the negative aspect of them holding these items. They sell it to the traders and the items are gone. 2) if they decide to sell to the player base, who is gunna buy it for extremely high prices? There are other shops. Like what is the point ur scenerio is trying to make, so i can better understand.

9. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

Is this going to happen?

10. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

question? Would you have to pay 500k every month? Or would it be unlimited.

if its unlimited, I'm a +1

11. DarkThunderz

DarkThunderz Celebrity Meeper

You should also make it when you buy something from the Meep delivery you will be able to see a donkey appear then goes in front of you and they he drops the items or you look inside the donkey and it has the items in there once everything is taken out the donkey will leave and disapear (you could also name the Donkey "Meep Delivery"

Suggested by DarkThunderz & NewZealandMaroi

cooey and GroovyGrevous like this.
  12. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

accepted for interview

AmericaBabyYeah likes this.
  13. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

-1, this sounds horrible. The rich will just get richer. The poor will just stay poor. Same ol' Meep.

14. builderjunkie012

The point is to force meebles to change hands through chest shops with the chance of profit for the rich so the poor get to sell their items for a good amount while the rich can still make a profit

15. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

We can already sell all our items for good prices. It just like what happened on old V-Shop where Alien_Venom bought over 10,000 diamonds all the time. Then Fuzzlr would do his monthly buy every diamond under 1000 thing and he'd make millions.

16. builderjunkie012

shhh sjoe needs a way to take money out of the eco

17. vrohan

vrohan Celebrity Meeper

Why was Vshop taken away??

18. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

He actually adding money you moron.

19. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

You are making it so access cost absurdly high. How the hell will this help new players in any way? If anything you made basically another rank gap.

You also have absurdly high prices for ONE month. If you are doing for every month it should be 100k at most, not 500k per month. People don't make that much money, normally. Only the rich would profit from this high tax to trade.

I think a better idea would be to apply a 15% tax of the item to use the buy/sell command. As an example: smkorpi9900 buys 100 iron blocks for 100k (a terrible example, but an example nonetheless). To get this cheap price from the Meep traders they put a 15% tax on the items so now it cost 115k instead of 100k. This will do the same as your idea, but not have the absurd pass price and would allow anybody to use the shop.

iiwars likes this.
  20. builderjunkie012

not when people buy the 500k ticket and don't make a profit