1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

This Is How Towny Prices Should Be!

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Hornemans, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

This Is How Towny Prices Should Be!

Since it seems towny prices have just been getting lower and lower due to a spiral effect caused by bad decisions, I figured I would post some helpful changes. This goes with the changes suggested in the , Kitpvp, Heads Shop, Perks Shop, and Town/Nation Levels threads that will all combined help regulate the economy, and allow you to EASILY MAKE MORE MONEY!

The Basic Idea

By organizing tonwy prices/taxes in this fashion it will help regulate the economy better, as well as provide additional "value" for the towns themselves. All of these suggestions can be done at a BASE level that should not require any extra plugins or any other server work than for an admin to take a few minutes out of their very busy day and get it done.

Towny prices should be based of off different price strategies! The current towny prices/tax setup is a direct result of the perceived lack of ways to pay for those towns! They are also set because they want to encourage new players to make towns and to have fun. However, these two things can be achieved in much better ways that will promote new towns and remove more money from the economy at the same time, which will allow more ways to be introduced to actually make money easier/faster to pay for more towns.

Your Thoughts?

If you think some prices should changed please say what prices you think and "why" you think they should be changed! If you want to suggest different prices, please post them in a similar format. DO NOT just say "this is stupid" or "tell me why its dumb" or whatever, just tell me what prices you think they should be and WHY!

WARNING: You may be shocked and surprised by these suggested changes, but they are optimized like this for several reasons.

Basic Stats:
    1. Alpha - 33,610 residents registered, 20,285 plots claimed, 214 towns active, 9 nations active
    2. Beta - 20,302 residents registered, 15,124 plots claimed, 230 towns active, 4 nations active

Note 1: Also take a quick look at this thread for changing town/nation levles --> HERE
    Note 2: (current prices) > suggested prices

Initial Creation/Purchase (when you create a new or add to your current town)
    1. Nation - (5,000,000) > 1,000,000
    2. Town - (200,000) > 10,000
    3. Outpost - (5,000) > 100,000
    4. Plot - (1,000) > 10,000

Daily Taxes (how much you are charged daily)
    1. Nation Taxes - (5,000 per nation day) > 10,000 per level per day
    2. Town Taxes - (65 per plot per day) > 250 per plot day
    Daily Taxes Removed: 2,366,390> 8,981,500

Examples
    (initial costs):
    Town #1 - 1 town, 8 plots = (208,000) > 90,000
    Town #2 - 1 town, 20 plots = (220,000) > 210,000
    Town #3 - 1 town, 100 plots, 1 outpost = (305,00) > 1,110,000
    Town #4 - 1 town, 300 plots, 2 outpost = (510,000) > 3,210,000
    Town #5 - 1 town, 1000 plots, 5 outpost = (1,225,000) > 10,510,000

Examples
    (daily taxes):
    Town #1 - 1 resident, 8 plots = (520) > 2,000
    Town #2 - 1 resident, 20 plots = (1,300) > 5,000
    Town #3 - 100 resident, 100 plots = (6,500) > 25,000
    Town #4 - 300 residents, 300 plots = (19,500) > 75,000
    Town #5 - 1000 residents, 1000 plots = (65,000) > 250,000

Summary

This will allow new players to make their own town with 8 plots and maintain it for 60 days for the same price its costs now just to buy it without 60 free days! They can essentially use the 60 free days to lean to be mayor!

This will allow regular players to make their own town with 20 plots for the same price its costs now! So nothing gained/lost really (also voting daily would pay taxes for this town)!

Town #3 - 1 town, 100 plots, 1 outpost = (305,000) > 1,110,000
    This will allow veteran players to make their own town with 100 plots for more than it costs now, but larger towns would retain their re-sale value more! They can essentially use the plots as an actual value and this give Mega-Towns something to be proud of having value!

Enjoy,
    Hornemans

Any Input? @Fuzzlr @Coelho @Cooleysworld @Sjoeppappentrap @Slicks @Deinen @Quaddy @reggles44 @btilm305

------------- Consolidated from below for easier reading -------------

END OF STORY: This will ENCOURAGE new players to experience towny and not be a slave in the town of hornebrug cause they can't afford their own town (how they are priced now), and they can't make any money to even think about owning a town cause nothing is done to change it (unlike my suggestions that will make all that possible)!

Its simple, let me see if i can break it down into steps:

1. For "whatever" reason Fuzzlr/Onis want to keep 2 Billion meebles in the Economy, /baltop.
    2. Currently, 1.925 Billion meebles in the economy, so that mean "today" only 75 million meelbes can be made to reach 2 Billion.
    3. 75 Million divided by say 600 players that play daily on meep equals every player can ONLY make 125k today.
    4. This 125k is controlled by "limiting" the flow of money into the economy by "nerfing" the ways to make money!
    5. So, the ONLY way to make it easier to make money and raise that 125k to say 500k+ is by REMOVING money "somehow" and making that 2 Billion minus X money gap bigger.

Note 1: yes it is not actually limited per player to 125k per player, but we know that all 600 players dont make that much which is why people like me make 10 millions and everyone else has to split that 65 million left over, but other people like me also make 1, 2, 5+ million so actually 90% of the players say 500 have to split like 500k, which is only 1000 each!

In the economy "games" it is very specialized to things called "sinks" (remove money) and "faucets" (make money) in and out of the economy. The trick is to "BALANCE" them so inflow = or slightly greater outflow.

Current Sinks:
    a. Towny Taxes -2,366,390 daily
    b. Tonwy plot/town/nation Prices - I have not tracked these stats in over 1 year (estimate 4 towns with 20 plots made daily is ONLY -1 million or less)
    c. Perks Shops - I don't' have these numbers but any admin does (guessing its about - zero)
    d. Pwarps - I don't' have these numbers but any admin does (guessing about -1 million or less)
    Total meebles removed daily is ~5 million so as you can see currently more tonwy taxes is #1 factor bye 50-70% in this.

Current Faucets:
    a. Voting - I don't' have these numbers but any admin does (guessing its about equal +2 million)
    b. Perks Shops - I don't' have these numbers but any admin does (guessing its about equal +2 million)
    c. Kit/Terrarium Pvp - Again admin (guessing its about equal +3 million)
    d. Mini Games - (guessing its about equal +1 million)
    Total meebles added daily is ~8 million so you can see their is a inflow of 3 million meebles daily which is "not really bad".

If we did things as i suggest it would be more like this:

Suggested Sinks:
    1. Lottery (this is super easy and will remove money without a doubt) -1 million or more
    2. Towny Taxes (this will make the biggest impact, 4 times the current) -8,981,500 daily
    3. Towny Buy Prices (prices changes will make a difference in the long run) -1 million or more
    4. Persks/Heads Shops (changes will after initial influx, remove more ) estimated -2 million or more
    5. Pwarps (same) -1 million or less
    Total meelbes removed daily is ~14 million with is about 3 times more then current.

Suggested Faucets:
    a. Voting - (same) +2 million
    b. Persks/Heads Shops (after initial influx it will stay steady ) estimated +12 million or about
    Total meebles added daily is ~14 million, so a +/- Zero to the overall economy, and it can always stay need 2 billion.

Note: As you can see i removed mini games / pvp, but will still be able to "GET" money from mini games it will just NOT BE A FAUCET, it will be a in game money transfer instead, so -4 millions from eco inflation!

Summary: Currently you can only make my ~8 million which a day but with my suggestions you would be able to make ~18 million a day. My suggestion will also NEGATE the +3 million meeble surplus that is added to the /baltop daily, which will make fuzzlr/onis happy cause it will always stay at 2 billion and not go up!

If you still dont' understand find me on TS and i will explain it to you so you can understand. Thanks for replying.
    They won't cost "too much" as in the examples aboove. A NEW mayor will pay less! A normal person with 20 plots is equal, or with 100 plots and 1 outpost, is only 700k more than current... which is not "too much" when combined with the new other ways to make money easier!

Also, when a newer player wants to make their town bigger than 20 plots, they will have to "think" about it and "invest" wisely and "commit" to owning a town, not just making a town and 30 days later trying to sell it! However at the same time a new player that just want to make their own town to live in and have 8-9 plots plenty big for 1 person, they will have the ability to do so with way less money.

------------- Consolidated from page 2 for easier reading -------------

I mostly agree, but:

1. There are plenty of towns where only 1 person lives there and have around 8 plots, and I'm sure they would have loved to pay 1/2 price they did!

2. The average sized town is 80 plots so which is plenty of room to build ANYTHING they desire! Yes, they would have paid 3 time more but hey its a bigger town, they should pay more. I also remember about a year ago you said "bigger towns should pay more" when you were debating in my other thread about changing towny prices but now you seem to be opposite that opinion?

3. Yeah, town bigger then 300 plots will be paying a lot more than before, but why should a MEGA TOWN cost about the same as a small town? That don't make any sense. Currently A 100 plot town cost 300k, and a 1000 pot town town 3x that at 1.2m so why should a town that is 10x bigger only cost 3x more? My version a town 10x bigger COST 10x more! That give large town mayors a sense of pride and something to AIM and WORK for!

These suggested changes in NO WAY stops people from building at town and in fact it PROMOTES new players to make towns easier/cheaper... WHILE at the same time giving those mayors a goal to aim for my making it actually mean something to own/build a large town!
    This suggestion does EXACTLY that? I'm not sure where the disconnect is? It makes towns cheaper for NEW PLAYERS (70% of town owners) cost slightly more for AVERAGE players (25%), and give those DEDICATED players (5%) a goal and sense of pride to make the larges town they can! So, its a triple win!

That is a very good reason, however it is also your opinion. I'm sure the new players would disagree with having things cost more, and having to wait to make their own town. Also, if the new players know how to make a town /t new name they most likely completed the "mayor tutorial" and hence read all the other things about towns, so they will understand taxes and such. Also, that is no different then them joining a town getting a plot building a house and losing all their stuff to taxes and being kicked from a town.
    Okay, good question. The town part for 10k was already explained its so new players can afford to make on in less than a day if they want! The outpost part was also explained a bit to offset for the lower town prices something had to go higher, which was outposts. But why 100k? Simple. Outpost are for expanding a town into remote lands so your town can grow and prosper, and they should be valued as such. Right now they are just a glorified raiding tool nothing more (which Fuzzlr already stated his thoughts about not liking raiding in the past, *note-a below). Making them cost more will make mayors think about their decisions on where to put it just like they do when they claim their first plot for the town! Also, most towns should not even need an outpost they would be for larger towns with lots of residents (not a one person town with 50 outposts).

Note-a: With these changes I would also suggest that switching is allowed in towny wilderness so players can loots fallen towns for free and if they wanted to claim them for "whatever" reason they could do it with a town for 10k which is only 5k more then what it would cost now.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Lilstokes and iMeepCraft. like this.
  2. lfpnub

lfpnub Popular Meeper

It's good, but I disagree with the "Free days"
    That could be exploited via claiming a ton of plots and getting a ton of money, then kicking everyone. keeps money
    same method like someone i know @Hornemans, but with no taxes (Horneburg, much?)

cooey and leodavinci9000 like this.
  3. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

lol

no
    you already barely make money on this server

Toostenheimer likes this.
  4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

This sound so excessive to those who already have towns made....This is fine as it is.
    [

5. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

This is absolutely insane. -1. Town upkeep is fine where it is.

6. kindlewing

kindlewing Popular Meeper

-1. we don't need this.

SuperDyl and cooey like this.
  7. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

What? This makes no sense? There is no way to do as you described! What are you talking about?
    Perhaps you can explain how this is excessive? Cause it is more like super easy! It don't matter if people have towns made or not, prices have changed 5 times so far since the beginning of server this would only be one more change.
    Did you read this, it don't seem so if you asking this question. Exactly, we need to make it easier to make money on the server rather harder! This would help do that!
    To a point i agree, but it is NOT fine... Saying its fine is just like saying that BUM living under a bridge is "fine" (sure hes alive and not dead so = fine). i would say it is ALMOST balanced! Towny upkeep would be "fine" whatever it was set at as long as it balanced, it don't care if it is super hard for new players to make money or not RIGHT NOW. Increasing the upkeep and adjusting the other prices provide the opportunity to make it 4-5 times easier for NEW PLAYERS to make money, plus with all the other changes like head/perks shops it will get things moving in a "positive" direction instead of stale (on the verge of being a bum living under a bridge) nothingness.
    Sure we need this, as I have clearly outlined. Perhaps you can do us a favor and explain "why" you think it is not necessary to "improve" the server?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    iMeepCraft. likes this.
  8. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Because people already paying the higher price to make the town now are angry because they now have t pay a high price for plots as well. Plus, in the long run, this is much more expensive. And there's a difference between changes of a price between a few hundred vs a few thousand.

9. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

how? I don't see it

10. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Im still not sure what exactly you are trying to say, but it don't matter what they paid in the past it will all equal out in the end! Lower town prices are offset by the higher land value now, so it like in the examples: Town #2 - 1 town, 20 plots = (220,000) > 210,000 would cost exactly the same before and after. Town #4 - 1 town, 300 plots, 2 outpost = (510,000) > 3,210,000 would cost more NOW but if you already own it you saved 2.5 million meebles be happy!
    Its ONLY more expenvise as the BIGGER your town gets, but if your are a new mayor or have a small down it will be LESS expensive, and this it very helpful to get new players to be mayors as i listed in: Town #1 - 1 town, 8 plots = (208,000) > 90,000 + 120k taxes (59 days) This will allow new players to make their own town with 8 plots and maintain it for 60 days for the same price its costs now just to buy it without 60 free days! They can essentially use the 60 free days to lean to be mayor!
    65 > 250 is a bit only 185 more, but yes it likes 4x more. Also that other prices in the "thousands" are offset some when up by 95,000 and other were REDUCED by 190,000).

iMeepCraft. and cooey like this.
  11. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

isn't helpful to eco

12. _masterdude_

_masterdude_ Celebrity Meeper

Outposts and regular plots will cost way too much for a new, expanding town. A normal player will want to expand their town to bigger than 20plots so the example is not valid

cooey likes this.
  13. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Its simple, let me see if i can break it down into steps:

1. For "whatever" reason Fuzzlr/Onis want to keep 2 Billion meebles in the Economy, /baltop.
    2. Currently, 1.925 Billion meebles in the economy, so that mean "today" only 75 million meelbes can be made to reach 2 Billion.
    3. 75 Million divided by say 600 players that play daily on meep equals every player can ONLY make 125k today.
    4. This 125k is controlled by "limiting" the flow of money into the economy by "nerfing" the ways to make money!
    5. So, the ONLY way to make it easier to make money and raise that 125k to say 500k+ is by REMOVING money "somehow" and making that 2 Billion minus X money gap bigger.

Note 1: yes it is not actually limited per player to 125k per player, but we know that all 600 players dont make that much which is why people like me make 10 millions and everyone else has to split that 65 million left over, but other people like me also make 1, 2, 5+ million so actually 90% of the players say 500 have to split like 500k, which is only 1000 each!

In the economy "games" it is very specialized to things called "sinks" (remove money) and "faucets" (make money) in and out of the economy. The trick is to "BALANCE" them so inflow = or slightly greater outflow.

Current Sinks:
    a. Towny Taxes -2,366,390 daily
    b. Tonwy plot/town/nation Prices - I have not tracked these stats in over 1 year (estimate 4 towns with 20 plots made daily is ONLY -1 million or less)
    c. Perks Shops - I don't' have these numbers but any admin does (guessing its about - zero)
    d. Pwarps - I don't' have these numbers but any admin does (guessing about -1 million or less)
    Total meebles removed daily is ~5 million so as you can see currently more tonwy taxes is #1 factor bye 50-70% in this.

Current Faucets:
    a. Voting - I don't' have these numbers but any admin does (guessing its about equal +2 million)
    b. Perks Shops - I don't' have these numbers but any admin does (guessing its about equal +2 million)
    c. Kit/Terrarium Pvp - Again admin (guessing its about equal +2 million)
    d. Mini Games - (guessing its about equal +2 million)
    Total meebles added daily is ~8 million so you can see their is a inflow of 3 million meebles daily which is "not really bad".

If we did things as i suggest it would be more like this:

Suggested Sinks:
    1. Lottery (this is super easy and will remove money without a doubt) -1 million or more
    2. Towny Taxes (this will make the biggest impact, 4 times the current) -8,981,500 daily
    3. Towny Buy Prices (prices changes will make a difference in the long run) -1 million or more
    4. Persks/Heads Shops (changes will after initial influx, remove more ) estimated -2 million or more
    5. Pwarps (same) -1 million or less
    Total meelbes removed daily is ~14 million with is about 3 times more then current.

Suggested Faucets:
    a. Voting - (same) +2 million
    b. Persks/Heads Shops (after initial influx it will stay steady ) estimated +12 million or about
    Total meebles added daily is ~14 million, so a +/- Zero to the overall economy, and it can always stay need 2 billion.

Note: As you can see i removed mini games / pvp, but will still be able to "GET" money from mini games it will just NOT BE A FAUCET, it will be a in game money transfer instead, so -4 millions from eco inflation!

Summary: Currently you can only make my ~8 million which a day but with my suggestions you would be able to make ~18 million a day. My suggestion will also NEGATE the +3 million meeble surplus that is added to the /baltop daily, which will make fuzzlr/onis happy cause it will always stay at 2 billion and not go up!

If you still dont' understand find me on TS and i will explain it to you so you can understand. Thanks for replying.

It is helpful to the ECO, what is not helpful is all of your posts!
    They won't cost "too much" as in the examples:

Town #3 - 1 town, 100 plots, 1 outpost = (305,00) > 1,110,000

A NEW mayor will pay less! A normal person with 20 plots is equal, or with 100 plots and 1 outpost, is only 700k more than current... which is not "too much" when combined with the new other ways to make money easier!

Also, when a newer player wants to make their town bigger than 20 plots, they will have to "think" about it and "invest" wisely and "commit" to owning a town, not just making a town and 30 days later trying to sell it! However at the same time a new player that just want to make their own town to live in and have 8-9 plots plenty big for 1 person, they will have the ability to do so with way less money.

END OF STORY: This will ENCOURAGE new players to experience towny and not be a slave in the town of hornebrug cause they can't afford their own town (how they are priced now), and they can't make any money to even think about owning a town cause nothing is done to change it (unlike my suggestions that will make all that possible)!

14. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

there is that beautiful maturity.

15. jmelara

jmelara Popular Meeper

I was the one who suggested it be lower plot taxes and plot claiming, this is a easy -1 y u wanting money out of the economy we aren't as rich as you. Why do we need only 2 billion in the economy? The us is in 17 trillion in debt there is way more money irl than meep

Toostenheimer and cooey like this.
  16. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Maturity? Their is your beautiful "confusion", what is say is call the truth! Your posts are not helpful!
    You suggested what be lowered? Please describe what you are talking about as no one can read your mind. Also, Being rich is irrelevant please read the entire thread before you make comments that don't have any relevance. Thanks.

17. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

poor grammar. Raging. Totally mature

18. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

Stop titling your threads "This is how X should be!"
    Nobody's gonna listen to you no matter how hard you try.

Cookies713 likes this.
  19. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

I feel like the prices at the moment are good and reasonable.

20. iMeepCraft.

iMeepCraft. Popular Meeper

+/- on all this really, but what you say does make some sense. On one hand you are making it easier to make money but on the other you are taking that money away faster. So what is the point to that?