1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

An Open Letter to All Young Christians - Please Convince Me.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by TheDebatheist, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Miro995

Miro995 Celebrity Meeper

That is probably the stupidest thing I have heard all day. xD
    You do not go to Hell if you kill, but killing is still not encouraged. You go to hell if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, not if you sin, for we are all sinners.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 17, 2015 ---
    Yeah, those are not contradictions. Those themselves are just somebody failing to still prove the Bible wrong.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2015 ---
    http://humansarefree.com/2013/12/9-scienctific-facts-prove-theory-of.html
    I suggest you all of you that think evolution is "real"

Also, watch this movie. It will give you a whole new perspective on your beliefs.
    Gods Not Dead
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2015 ---
    Tell me please, where is this in the Bible? (Sounds like you made it up xD)

2. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

Miro... now you're just ignoring evidence.
    I'm sorry for your loss danny :(
    I asked this question a lot when something similar happened to me. I eventually figured out that God isn't the reason bad things exist - evil doesn't come from him. It stems from the human condition of sin and from Satan.
    Why He doesn't save the best people, I don't know. I don't think anyone can understand Him completely (similar to how we can't understand another person COMPLETELY). I just trust and hope for the best yannow?

Again, I'm really sorry :(

Jackl01 likes this.
  3. dannyj2801

dannyj2801 Popular Meeper

Thank you.

4. Miro995

Miro995 Celebrity Meeper

Please, you are not telling me anything, but rather just telling me I am ignoring evidence? SHOW me the contradictions, rather than telling me about this stupid evolution thing.

5. Fangdragon1998

Passover
    Thou shalt not murder.

God killed hundreds of innocent children. How is that not a contradiction?

Owen Powell likes this.
  6. Miro995

Miro995 Celebrity Meeper

That is very funny, you think the Death Angel is God?

7. Fangdragon1998

Who sent the Angel of Death?
    lemme go get the quotes hang on.
    Okay: story is
    10 plagues. I'm assuming you're familiar with this.
    God sent the 10 plagues
    the last plague was Passover.
    So, yes, he is responsible for it.
    (I can try to find the specific quotes but not sure if in Hebrews or Exodus and i gtg to school, so not much time)

Exodus 12: The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, 2 “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. 4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. 7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. 8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. 10 Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. 11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover.

12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

So yes, it was God.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  8. dannyj2801

So you are saying you can kill people and go to heaven? I do not mean in war. You can walk into somebodies home and shoot them, completely unjustified and you can go to heaven?

I want to ask you a question. Why? Why do you believe the Bible is fact and evolution is not? Please I would really like to see your answer.

9. Miro995

Miro995 Celebrity Meeper

Oh yes, I did forget about that. But there is a simple explanation.
    The Jews were being held in Egypt by the Egyptians. (The Jews were God's chosen people)
    God threatened the plagues to the Pharaoh, but he always didn't believe it would happen.
    My God is a Just God.

10. Skwisher

Skwisher Popular Meeper

Please everyone:

"What cannot be settled by experiment is not worth debating."
    -Newton

kevman967 likes this.
  11. Miro995

Miro995 Celebrity Meeper

All your sins will be punished, even if you do go to Heaven, but Jesus died for our sins, so that we can go to Heaven.

Now, to answer your second question, why wouldn't I?
    The Bible gives you hope. It tells you there is more to life than just money and personal gain. It tells you of God, the one who comforts you when you are alone. There are so many things you can learn from religious people, even if they aren't a Christian. If it weren't for the Bible, I would be depressed all the time, thinking "why am I living such a pointless life?" Edit: Might add more after school.

Now you, answer this question. Why do you hate God?
    *COUGH* Newton was a Christian....

12. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

You can go to heaven no matter what. The depending factor is if you ask for forgiveness and make amends even if it is nearly impossible to do so.

13. Skwisher

Skwisher Popular Meeper

This kind of crap annooys the hell out of me. When has anyone on this thread EVER said that they hate god. As an athiest and I'm sure many others can agree, just because we don't believe in god doesn't mean we don't hate him. Do I believe in santa? No. Do I hate him? No. Do I believe in rainbow fluffy unicorns? No. Do I hate them? No. This is a huge generalisation and the most stupid and pointless thing you could have said so please refrain from making any more accusations of this magnitude.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with what I just said. Just because he may have been a Christian does not mean he went around debating others about whether his views were true. Also, from my recent research, his Christian beliefs were unorthodox and he has been described as more of a heretic. So no, saying he was a Christian isn't technically true.

14. dannyj2801

I just did a whole post on why I hate God. Go look at it. Why does it matter that Newton was a Christian? Newton was coming up with laws of physics which have nothing to do with God.

Yes but your answer did not state why you think the Bible is real and evolution is not. You have been talking like the bible is fact. Why do you believe that? Why is a book, written thousands of years ago when people knew nothing about the world a more credible source than modern science? I would like to see your reasoning there. I think this is the second of third time I have asked you this question and you still have not given me a straight answer.

15. TNT404

TNT404 Popular Meeper

And Jesus was a Jew. So he shouldn't have a religion after him.

(That means nothing to the conversation, in Europe for a while it was ¨Be Catholic or be burned at the stake or excommunicated")

EDIT: Debating against "God" doesn't mean one hates him. Smh.

16. Fangdragon1998

But God loves all his children, not just the chosen ones. Why did he kill children, instead of the parents that were persecuting them?

17. Miro995

Miro995 Celebrity Meeper

But, how do you hate someone that you claim does not exist?

18. dannyj2801

I believe he does not exist yes. However if he did exist, I would hate him. Youre running out of stuff to say and are coming up with dumb questions, and still won't answer the question I ha e asked you several times. Why is a book written thousands of years ago when people knew nothing about the world considered by you a more credible source than science?

Also did you even read my post?

19. Miro995

Miro995 Celebrity Meeper

Guys. I'm 12.
    I can't answer these questions. The only way I can answer them is this.
    Faith. which none of you obviously have.

20. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

yes it's all about my satan life