1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Remove /t join

Discussion in 'Denied' started by MeGustaYou, Jan 18, 2015.

1. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

I know that it really does seem like an irrational answer to a problem, but lately there's been a controversy with towns that have unreasonably high taxes and are advertised to new players. After discussing this issue with three mayors and one co-mayor, they agreed that removing /t join would be for the better.

If you think about it, if new players had to be invited to a town, it would increase the need for assistants in towns. That means for somebody to join, an assistant, co-mayor, or mayor would need to be online. The assistant/mayor who invited the player would most likely give the player a plot and answer the questions the player has because the assistant/mayor is aware of the new resident.

Please critique as you wish as this is a matter that concerns me and I would like to see a resolution.

2. ScrubSilencer

ScrubSilencer Celebrity Meeper

Very nice. +1

MeGustaYou likes this.
  3. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

I would gladly give up my "open" town to thwart the unnecessary preying upon of new players. Lets help these players, not abuse them or the system.

Jackl01, hippapajo, SirCallow and 6 others like this.
  4. K9_Caper

K9_Caper Celebrity Meeper

I personally believe it is up to the citizen. It should be his/her responsibility to notice things such as taxes. Think about us when we started out. We had to do it, so let them as well.

MeGustaYou and ScrubSilencer like this.
  5. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

+/-

During late night hours (12:30-3:30 PST) there are very few mayors/assistants on, so I usually have to direct new players to open towns with low tax.

Username likes this.
  6. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

Maybe only those towns with no Res tax or plot tax can have the opportunity to be an open town.

7. metr0n0me

Maybe with a limit: 50 res tax and 25 plot tax sounds reasonable, right?

8. Miku

Miku One Hell of a Miku Staff Member Mod

I thought You had a choice of having open towns or not? o -o I mean I guess you could remove it.

9. stottsbros_inc

stottsbros_inc Popular Meeper

+1 I feel that /t join should be removed. If a new player does /t join and there is nobody on to help them out. They wont know what to do. Most likely leave the server and not come back because they would be frustrated. Removing /t join would mean that players would have to use /t add which means there would always be a assistant+ on to show them to a plot and answer and question they might have.

MeGustaYou and DianaB72 like this.
  10. ScrubSilencer

Its not about that its about towns that essentially "trick" new players into joining them and having a high tax

Username, DianaB72 and metr0n0me like this.
  11. metr0n0me

No, removing /t join entirely wouldn't be beneficial. During late night hours, when people with towns are mostly sleeping, many players with towns that aren't 'new player towns' lead people to join open towns, tell them how to buy plots, etc.

LadyCassandra and MeGustaYou like this.
  12. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

Many reasons why

13. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Due forums problems at my office im using my phone cause Megusta asked for thoughts on the suggestion. However i will reserve my "full" comments for when im home with a keyboard. All i can say right now is: "yet one more bandaid on a bullet wound".

14. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

Yeah, we are trying to bandage up the 30-06 round you shot into every new player but we can only work so fast.

15. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

actually, +1
    This way, new players can be personally introduced to the server, and after they meet the mayor, they can make better decisions about staying in that town.

16. ScrubSilencer

damn

17. le gooboy

le gooboy Popular Meeper

bandaids are better than nothing. :)

+1 if the /t join signs aren't removed
    -1 if /t join signs are removed.

this is a solution to the new player abuse problem but it also has its downsides. It would be better if the new player abuse could be stopped by just removing the /t join signs

stottsbros_inc and metr0n0me like this.
  18. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I feel like this is the best idea ever that you have to go ''Now why didn't I think of that first!''
    +9999

19. Owen Powell

Owen Powell Popular Meeper

-1 Although I see where you're coming from, I don't agree with it because, when I was a new player, I spent weeks looking for a town to be invited to, as many people just don't feel like doing /t add (name). And, the towns can just add new members, and not knowing any better, the new player would join and still get excessively taxed, not solving the issue.
    And don't say I'm biased because the town I own is tax free and not geared toward new players.

metr0n0me likes this.
  20. Dwizzle4269

Dwizzle4269 Popular Meeper

+1 This is a really good idea.
    A mayor should be present to assign a plot and help with questions.
    Typing /t join doesn't help a new player at all. They usually have no idea how claim plots or do anything.
    Requiring someone to be present when adding players makes a whole lot of sense.
    Don't bother. We already know that it will be a long, rude, sarcastic rant that favors whatever fills your pockets, and attempts to justify ruining the playing experience for the new players. *yawn*