1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Ban Transparency

Discussion in 'Denied' started by HotAsianBeans, Jan 13, 2015.

1. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

Why not worldwide?

le gooboy likes this.
  2. le gooboy

le gooboy Popular Meeper

/w ~ worldwide -.-

leodavinci9000 likes this.
  3. Rowena_Ravenclaw

Rowena_Ravenclaw Popular Meeper

4. Owen Powell

Owen Powell Popular Meeper

I really like this idea, as long as its very easy for new players to know that this feature exist (Ex. A command list, kind of like /help that shows this command, which I would name /banlist or something)

KariStar86 likes this.
  5. weewoozesty

weewoozesty Popular Meeper

I will admit.... I found some entertainment in seeing the name of the person banned. It also kinda acted as a deterant since it basicly made an example of somebody breaking the rules.

Like putting somebody in the gallow in the medieval era. It assures me that there is justice being done. And assures new comers that Meepcraft doesnt take crap from people and that keeps them in line.

leodavinci9000, Splendy and Jessy1990 like this.
  6. DarkWarriorX5

DarkWarriorX5 Popular Meeper

+1 I heard by someone that fuzzlr wanted meepcraft to be like the real economy. If someone goes to jail we know about it on the news. Meepcraft should be the same. Also on one of the last forum threads I read that meepcraft that staff doesn't keep things behind the curtains/ behind the scenes. They shouldn't and this is just crazy. Reduce spam in chat? Really? Come on guys. People comment on who got banned and and what they think about it. Not really spam. One person says something each. I thought spam was when one person repeated something constantly or said mindless stuff within a short period of time. Not when everyone said something once on a subject. If that's spam then these forums are full of constant spammers.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 24, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 24, 2015 ---
    And who complained about it? This is a community server. I'm sure really not even half the people agreed it should be taken off.

7. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

Who is the only major person who -1'd this?

8. DarkWarriorX5

DarkWarriorX5 Popular Meeper

Im
    just sayin that to any major person that will -1 this

9. BobJonCreeper

BobJonCreeper pie

Instead of hiding something that I'm pretty sure 90% of MeepCraft enjoys seeing, something that spams the chat that no one really cares to see should be.
    For me, it's seeing "Soandso has won 6000 meebles at Ultimate City Parkour! /Parkour"
    I honestly couldn't care less who won what. I understand completely that this bring attention the the parkour side of MeepCraft, but this spams chat as much as banning people does.

Many problems can arise from hiding bans. Some of which have been stated above. Think about them. Seeing the bans doesn't just give people a laugh, it benefits the server as well.

KariStar86 likes this.
  10. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Onis' suggestion on this accepted. I think a passive list on the forums or something is the correct compromise. Aside from the spam, I would have to say that a bigger reason for making it not public is because we didn't necessarily need to hear 10 comments from the peanut gallery on how long we should have banned for, or banned this person, or not that person.

chaos546 and Muunkee-Alexia like this.