1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Nerf Money

Discussion in 'Denied' started by TechnoTyson The Second, Jan 6, 2015.

?

Which would be better

Poll closed Feb 3, 2015.
  1. Nerf Money

6.7%
  2. Server Reset

40.0%
  3. Leave it alone

53.3%
  1. TechnoTyson The Second

TechnoTyson The Second Well-Known Meeper

The problem
    As you probably should have realised the MeepCraft economy is done for.... If you've been playing a while you probably made a lot off the old meep shop. This money is still in the economy and this also put billions of items into the economy. Now in recent times when the staff balanced the shop system it didn't make much of a difference. All the money and items that people got so many of from the old shop..... Are still here. Items are worthless. I have been thinking hard a I believe I might have found a solution, well sort of.
    The solution
    If the staff added a feature that was able to double the price off items ingame at max and put that with Onis's Legendary item getting rid of idea, meep traders would that be a good thing? No cause all the monies is still there its not doing anything. My idea increases worth of items and removes money from the economy. How about nerfing player transactions, nerfing money. If the staff were to put a 25%-50% tax on all transaction (/pay, chest shops) think about it.
    The benefits
    There are so many benefits, look at it simply, your removing money from the economy, money is worth more but items will cost more because the person trading the item would only get 50-75% of the money the other player pays. Meaning they would put items at higher price. Yes this would get out of hand items cost would start to go down but then out of now where Onis's LEGENDARY meep traders. After a while a lot of money will be lost and everyone will be poor, money worth to much? Just remove the tax when the balancing done and the economy will be fixed! Look Cooley less money for people encourages voting is well.
    If you don't like this idea well think of something better fast because Meepcraft will die if the players don't help Onis nerf the economy. Also before -1ing me or +1ing me Would this be better then a server reset. Loss of he hard worked on towns?

2. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

This has been suggested more times than VKL's ban count.

3. Perryjay2

Perryjay2 Popular Meeper

Why do we want to take away money? People currently struggle to make money as it is without it being 'taxed' or 'nerfd'.
    I dont see what is wrong with giving people money by giving them good ways of making money. Back in de day when alot of people had like 100 mil, dey would pay loads for a god set of armour (like over 250k) Because they knew they had a way of making lots of money.

I dont think we should be taking away momey, because i do not see the problem in having a wealthy economy.

4. TechnoTyson The Second

TechnoTyson The Second Well-Known Meeper

Also I want to say that all the staff are the equivalent of Steven Hawkins ( I love Meepcraft Staff)

funkyrainbows likes this.
  5. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

50% tax on everything? Literally the most silly thing I've ever heard

All the admins do all day is stalk players and see if they're making money.. 50k an hour? Yep, let's just add that to our already huge nerf list

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  6. DET2102

DET2102 Popular Meeper

You Nerf Money by instituting a tax like that, it is going to piss everyone off, and no one will want to use Meebles anymore, and we wont have to worry about the economy anymore, there wont be one.
    All the shops will go up in cost, and no one will want to buy.
    And it would be even harder for new players to make money.

Can you imagine if you went to the store to buy some milk, and it was 50% - 75% more?

KaiUsesThis likes this.
  7. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

20% tax would be k

(Like we had in Febuary of last year)

8. KaiUsesThis

KaiUsesThis Celebrity Meeper

Nerfing money is not the solution. There's no easy solution.

Username likes this.
  9. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

10. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Toostenheimer likes this.
  11. chrisandmatthew

chrisandmatthew Celebrity Meeper

Well, if you really loved him, you would know that his name is Stephen Hawking.

12. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

This is denied, it is not the overall number of the balance that is the critical issue. (Naturally more money in the eco should inherently mean higher prices, but alas) The critical issue to keep on top of it the number of newly generated meebles that enter into the economy daily.