1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Nerf Iron Farms

Discussion in 'Completed' started by epick8, Dec 21, 2014.

1. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

that seems a bit blown out of proportion.

well that proves the point dont you think? The prices are worthless now due to farms. Even if they have been nerfed, they aren't nerfed enough to where the price recovered. If this is accepted, then the current iron in the eco will be dealt with in an appropriate way. I have already given suggestions on how to deal with it. and plus no matter what people with iron farms gain profit because the iron is free. Even if you sell it for 20 meebles and you get 5 stacks a day thats still 6k a day. Whats even more dangerous is people just sitting on that iron and waiting and waiting, keeping the price of iron low because there is a huge supply and many people are willing to sell. There is no problem with making money. However, look at what this form of making money does. It lowers the potential income for low ranked players, higher ups still dont really sell much, and drive the prices further down and make sure it says down.

xXJoshXx likes this.
  2. semiblind

semiblind Active Meeper

Funny that you say this. I have said it over and over and people tell me im stupid and i know nothing of economics.

I disagree that the faucet/sink is balanced right now. Towny players have almost no way to get new money. The player to player money is moving slow, but unless you want to sell 10 million cobblestone (or one of the few other items the admin shop is buying) new flow is pretty scarce.

The wait and see approach is killing peoples interest in the server. I hope that a more actice approach is taken quickly.

Edit: On topic. -1. I do not have an iron farm. Once new money starts flowing in and iron can be taken out of inventories in mass quantities, iron reserves will deplete, and prices will rise.

3. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

1) ty for being like the only person to actually comment on if u have one or not. I appreciate that.
    2) what do you mean by "once new money starts flowing in and iron can be taken out of inventories?

4. semiblind

semiblind Active Meeper

Iron farms have been nerfed, so production rates are low in comparison to what you can do in single player.

Onis was talking about some pay access market, and once that or another way to remove iron ingots from inventories for new currency (basicly sell it to admin shop for meebles) comes along it will help stabalize the prices for iron ingots. Depending on the size and scope of things to come, it may even lead to stabalization of the market in general.

I do still feel that the pay to access market will still leave the average player feeling rather cash poor, and serve more as a sink for items and currency instead of being the faucet (and then create a sink that most players would actually spend currency on) needed to let players earn enough currency to feel like they can play the game as they want.

5. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

Its funny, because I suggest to Cooleys to use the meeptraders as a way to get iron out. I enjoy the fact that we had similar ideas. The thing is iron is going to keep coming in, still keeping the price of iron much lower than usual. People can make these farms and even though its low, They would never need to purchase iron again. Still makes it difficult for people to sell iron from the most legit way to get resources, mining.

6. ManUtdFTW11

ManUtdFTW11 Celebrity Meeper

I currently have 2 iron farms and they make me a lot of iron an hour, I don't think they are currently nerfed enough.

QualityLeader and epick8 like this.
  7. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

ty for the response! do u have an idea on exactly how much iron you could lets say make in a day?

8. chrisandmatthew

chrisandmatthew Celebrity Meeper

But that's only 90%

9. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

WHY? Casue unlike 95% of everyone else that posts on these forums that know nothing about how "sandbox" game economies work, I have been dominating other sandbox economies being richest for over 12 years in several other games! Not to mention economics minor in school, but whatever not like that means anything.

it is pretty balanced right now actually, and im not arguing that its hard to get new money!!!! because it is directly related to the amount of money that leaves the system which is very little every day. About 2 million leaves every day so only 2 million can be made everyday and if you divide that by the 200 players that come online everyday that means every person can only make about 10k a day average!

Yeah, i realized that after i posted it and was too lazy to go back and change it.. shoudl be 80%, 20%. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 27, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 27, 2014 ---
    Oh yeah i forgot about this, Currently right now i technically dont' have any iron farms casue i sold my 8 to monkeyhead in Honreburg beta and then DianaB72 is using my other 3 in Alpha. But when I did own/use all of them i was making about 900 iron a day from each Farm. You would have to ask diana and Monkeyhead currently numbers as i have not used them in the last 3 months!

jmelara and iiwars like this.
  10. K9_Caper

K9_Caper Celebrity Meeper

Why not just completely leave the economy alone and let the players fix things between themselves :3 All attempts to "fix the economy" are known as "failures".

Erebus45 likes this.
  11. semiblind

semiblind Active Meeper

There must be some form of an admin shop that puts money into the economy. Setting up the type that works for this particular server seems to have been a challenge to get right, but that doesnt mean it should be abandoned altogether.

12. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

The players won't fix anything. How would a player fix this? Money isnt circulating because everyone wants money, but doesn't want to spend it. You can't fix a problem like that between players with players alone. There will always be more supply than demand, so this is why the server needs to buy some of the supply, creating artificial demand. Just like Semi said as well, because it has failed in the past doesn't mean we abandon it.

KariStar86 likes this.
  13. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

Crafting leather pants doesn't make you an economic advisor. Hornemans apply for staff in the mean time.

14. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

I craft leather tunics TOOOOOO! and I did apply for staff like months ago and it was immediately dismissed due to misunderstanding and bias. Since the thread was locked i feel it approtate to make my response here since i never got around to it before.

1. Clearly Abby can't read cause it said in the app this was 100% legit and not a troll!
    2. No kidding that position don't exist that is why the economy SUCKS! Get a clue!
    3. The Staff position I am applying for does not require me to be online during weekends, though i usually am anyways.
    4. I accept constructive criticism ONLY when its good. I suggest you should go jump off a bridge! Are you going to follow that constructive criticism? I didn't think so!
    5. I agree this is not a standard application but there is no point in me wasting hours of my time posting things that would have clearly got denied in 5 minutes anyways just like this app did without any real investigative effort. Also this was was for ONIS as clearly he would be the only one that could make this decision.

http://meepcraft.com/threads/hornemans-staff-application.32291/#post-337503

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  15. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

-_-

adlovesdogs and epick8 like this.
  16. weewoozesty

weewoozesty Popular Meeper

While I can agree that something needs to be done to keep new players drawn. Because I can admit. When I first came to this server. Making meebles was a living hell. Iron was completely worthless in every definition of the word. Which I thought would have had some value. I figured out that it was just better to take that iron. Make it into armor and weapons. And go to the nether and beat up on Pigmen for their gold. Stocked up on the nuggets and made godapples. That did the trick back then. But now that everybody uses Kitpvp that went out the window.

It seems quartz is a good investment to mine as a new player. Its abundant. And sells for 50 meebles per block @ /warp shop. Its a good way to get on your feet. That said. Those options arent available to newer players straight away. /pwarp depot is usually full. So I keep a chest outside my house for new players to sell their stuff to. @ Market price 45meebles each block. And simply make my meebles back by reselling the quartz to the shop. The new player gets their meebles. And I feel like I helped somebody.

17. kevman967

kevman967 Popular Meeper

Maybe make iron golems have a lower chance to drop iron would slow it down. Or make it so instead of ingots iron golems drop nuggets. Or do them both.
    I just don't want to see another nerf of the genre " spawn rate set to crap". This simply makes the game unfun.

18. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

-1. Iron farms are already nerfed. If you see a farm with a 2600+ per hour output you won't even get close. plus with iron being 10 each even if you could it wouldn't make a big impact on the economy

19. Dwizzle4269

Dwizzle4269 Popular Meeper

Why do you think that iron is 10 each?
    With it being so cheap, that would mean that there is too much of it, correct?
    Wouldn't the best course of action be to remove some of it?
    +1

20. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

yes but it has been nerfed multiple times now to the point where its even faster to mine it then to farm it
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 16, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 16, 2015 ---
    the people who have built these farms should keep something even if its 200 iron an hour