1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Spawners

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Skwisher, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Skwisher

Skwisher Popular Meeper

Currently, one of the main reasons the economy is "out of hand" as some people call it, is because of the huge amounts of free items spawners are adding to the server. Spawners should be made a lot harder to obtain than just silk touching a spawner in the wild. This feature should be removed and replaced with a more viable option to obtain spawners. A few ideas for this option to obtain spawners could be:
    • Buying them from the admin shop for the current large price which deters player from stocking up on them.
    • Spawners have a chance to be given to a player when they vote.
    • Mining a spawner with silk touch drops a "spawner shard" or something of the sort which can be crafted into a spawner (say 3x3 shards on the crafting table makes a spawner).
    This will reduce the amount of items flooding into the server and also force players to actually think and design efficient mob farms instead of shoving a hundred spawners into a room.

An additional option to this suggestion when it is implemented would be to remove all the spawners on the server (I'm not sure but I think there is a command to do that, but if its too hard don't worry about it) so all players can obtain their spawners the harder way and it doesn't give a disadvantage to newer players. However this may cause annoyance within the community so just post your feedback below.

2. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

I agree spawners cause unlimited free automated items! I like the suggustions above but it should be done as follows:

#1 Turn OFF ALL mob spawners in towny so they can not produce mobs! (reduces towny lag and EASY automated farms)
    #2 Turn ON all mob spawners in the wild. (still allows for farms but at much much more danger, and allows other players possiblity for raids on them)
    #3 Remove all current spawners in the game (placed in towny or in chests) and compensate everyone at 3k per mob spawner.
    #4 Revamp the Meep Trade Shops so they actually BUY all spawners at 5k and SELL them all at 10k.

If this is done it will make it possible for people to make money again by mining spawners with hard work and effort!

3. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

I see your point, but I find that it is harsh for the people who depend on spawners. Also, grinders will become extremely expensive if this happens.
    Also, really the only thing that's valuable that spawners generate is coal which is already in the nether and raidable.

buildmaster1000x and Epicdude141 like this.
  4. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

1+ hornes

5. Window_Licker

Window_Licker Celebrity Meeper

I like your ideas :)

6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Keep in mind, a very, very, VERY large portion of this server donated for those spawners. If we're to disable or remove them, I think that is a bit like cheating our customer out of what they did indeed pay for. I think it would breed a lot of distrust between the players, and staff/server. It would also set a precedent that players should be wary to donate because at a whim we could remove a the very thing we're currently marketing to encourage donations.

Spawners are really a thing that never should have been here, but since they are removal is nearly impossible, and it's an evil we're just going to have to deal with. Additionally, compensation @ 3k per spawner is nothing, as I can market and sell spawners @ 5k easily currently. This seems like a heavy-handed approach, and an arrogant one.

Generally, the items that are dropped from these spawners, with notable exception of sheep/animal (for meat), are quite low-worth to begin with. The act of driving them into worthlessness isn't necessarily reducing the value by that much. So I could totally get behind the argument that we should have never included them. But I think it is utter insanity to consider a removal at this point. Coming from a staff perspective as well, this is not something I really feel like defending and justifying for the next couple months to the hordes of raging players that would result from such a shocking action. We're still defending the current economic changes, which more additions are coming. But to add this on top of it would be madness.

Additionally, I would like to see this suggestion argued for further by offering a viable replacement as a donor perk. Because to do any movement on this, much like nerfing iron farms. I think this is a hearts & minds battle, we would have to sell this for months before the change ever happened.

So go sell it.

SirCallow, metr0n0me, cooey and 3 others like this.
  7. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

Such a blah topic.
    Current spawner setups are just dumb and wastefull, but not being able to place them for any arena/grinder is definitley </3 staff type material. They have to remain.

Onto rarity issues. Maybe mob spawners should not drop in the wild, maybe it should function like 1.8 was intended and players should get the spawn eggs. If a citizen wants to craft his way up to a silk pick so that he may get a zombie spawn egg, im all for it. This would stop the prevalence of 100 spawner grinders, the spawners themselves should be sold exclusively in the apppropriate donor shop. Economy outflow? Yussss!

Side note, spawn eggs are a lame supreme perk, lets brainstorm that fubar. Its quite literally a joke to have the "supreme shop" be discs and eggs at 10x costs.

Anyway, how about we engineer something into the spawner plugin that prevents placing them (x) blocks away from another. We could use this to effectively limit the maximum amounts of spawns/tick, unless several alt accounts are idle. This would "calm" down the towny grinders while allowing mob limits/donor perks to remain intact and not further nerfed.

Idk thats a first pass for me....

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  8. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

As clarification to my suggestion I did not say "remove them" i just said ONLY let them be used in the wild & wild Nethers! This would reduce towny lag and make someone think twice before making a 100 spawner grinder that would produce limitless items!

Also a note about donaters feeling 'cheated' because they paid for spawners... incase anyone forgot or didn't know FUZZLR did not mind taking 21% of peoples money that they infact DONATED for meebles on the server so why would spawners be any different.

Instead of the spawn eggs being dropped i like the Orignal Post about them dropping 1-3 shards and then you making a spawner with say 8 shards and a head of the mob in the middle? I think this sound like a great idea and would reduce the number of spawners overall by making them more rare!

Skwisher and Jwarian like this.
  9. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

Also a note about donaters feeling 'cheated' because they paid for spawners... incase anyone forgot or didn't know FUZZLR did not mind taking 21% of peoples money that they infact DONATED for meebles on the server so why would spawners be any different.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 28, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 28, 2014 ---
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 28, 2014 ---
    No one on our staff can make spawner shards a reality, it would require a client side mod?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  10. 417Mario

417Mario Celebrity Meeper

1. -1
    2. +2
    3. -3 btw, no plugin for it yet, probably not possible.
    But Are You even Elite+?

11. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

I personally feel that with spawners and the server we play on, they are all or nothing. Had we established before no spawners, we would survive but at this point unless we were to reset, the community is such dependent on them that many people would probably wouldn't be the happiest, plus with elite, they were promised the ability to own spawners...

12. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

I remember thats why i donated for elite, i certainly dont have a problem with spacing restrictions though.

13. Skwisher

Skwisher Popular Meeper

Firstly, never did anyone say that the spawners would be removed, they would just be made more difficult to get.
    Secondly, it can still be made so only elites+ can gather these spawners. With each of my options:
    • Only elites+ can buy them from the admin shops
    • Only elites+ can have the chance to get spawners from donating OR when donating anyone can get a spawner but they are given to the player blank so no mobs spawn from it and only elites+ can change them to the mobs they want depending on their donor level.
    • Only elites+ can ,mine spawners to get shards
    I guarantee pretty much any idea to nerf the ability to obtain spawners can be altered so that it only accomodates elites+.
    Thirdly the compensation price doesn't have to be decided right now as this suggestion is still in the discussion phase. However seeing as everyone seems to keep going on about keeping the economy stable would it be more logical to under compensate for the spawners?
    Thirdly, even though the individual items may not be worth that much, the sheer amount of spawners on the server makes even these low costs really add up.
    Fourthly, I understand that there is a lot of stuff going on in the server and a lot of changes are being made. This doesn't have to be implemented right away however I do think it would be viable when there is the option further into the future.
    And finally, you cant honestly expect me to sell this idea, I put this idea in the suggestions section because I thought it was valid. How else am I supposed to sell the idea? I have made my points and a few other players have made theirs. Now its the staffs job to accept or deny this suggestion and if accepted, promote it themselves and not rely on the community to do their work for them.

14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

15. Skwisher

Skwisher Popular Meeper

Yes but we are not cheating the players out of their donations, they are donating to be able to OBTAIN the spawners, not for that actual spawners. The players will still be able to obtain the spawners so this is not a problem.

16. semiblind

semiblind Active Meeper

If mob lag is an issue in towns, why not just turn off mobs unless the player turns mobs on in their claim/town? This will cut mobs in the town wild and if more adjustments need to be made, spawn rates and entity limits can be changed as well.

The economic downside of grinders/spawners and the drops from them seems quite exaggerated. There is currently no market for 5 million, 80% broken bows... and there really never was before. There isnt, and wasnt a market for rotten flesh or arrows either. Point is, very few items that come from spawner mobs/grinders are worth selling in a non-meepshop style economy, and those that are worth selling arent the cause of the current state of the economy.

Spawners are fine as they are. The only change i would like to see made (and i already know theres no chance of it happening) would be for VIP and above gaining the ability to mine/buy/sell/possess spawners, and be unable to place them, while elite and above would gain/keep placement permissions. This particular change would open up revenue doors for shop owners (and wilderness miners) who are currently below elite, while keeping the prestige of placing spawners at a higher rank.

17. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Very true i totally overlooked this fact when i was supporting his idea. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 29, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 29, 2014 ---
    well, technically i guess we did both "say" to remove spawers. But thats not exactally what i meant and im sure it si the same for the other guy.

What I meant was to currently remove the SUPER SURPLUS of spawners WHILE COMPENSATING EVERYONE that owns them so they don't feel cheated.

Then we can start FRESH with zero spawers on the "NEW SYSTEM" whatever we decide it to be... cause i konw for a fact that I have like 3000+ spawners and Paincakes1999 has 4000+ spawners and on the rest of the server is probally another 3000+ so that is totoal of 10k spawers or more right now. So you can't make a NEW system for spawners until those are removed.

18. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

Or make it a percentage chance of the spawner actually dropping when mined with silk touch (50%?) so less spawners go into the eco.

Erebus45 likes this.
  19. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

Woah, that's a great idea

+1630561947194629164916491539471056294441947204719369

20. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

Uh... what about the grinders?

cooey likes this.