1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Nerf Iron Farms

Discussion in 'Completed' started by epick8, Dec 21, 2014.

1. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

So due to the comments said in the town hall meeting, I've brought up the idea again. Here is the current situation with Iron. The price of it is rapidly decreasing. This can be contributed almost entirely to the fact that iron farms are rampant across the server. It is hurting a lot of the lower ranked people in the fact that the one true honest way they could go and earn money was to go and mine. Iron was a huge source of that income. Me personally, I got to premium entirely off of mining, so I know how crucial iron is to that process. People will say that nerfing iron farms will destroy ways of making money. I argue that this isn't true. People are mostly stockpiling this iron and sitting on it for the future. The few that do sell it sell it for extremely cheap, and because its so easy to get iron in the reset wild and making your own iron farm, people don't buy it as much. I really do think that nerfing these types of farms will be beneficial to the whole server as opposed to the few individuals stockpiling. Getting rid of the iron already in existence will be put off for a future date and isn't the main focus of this thread. What are your thoughts?
    As an added note for suggestion, if your for or against the idea, please post in your response if you do or do not have an Iron farm. This is extremely helpful information and will be crucial, I promise.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    Sqreix, RaidByNightOnly and Deinen like this.
  2. castroifyer

castroifyer :)

Iron farms have already been nerfed quite a bit, however there are obviously some changes that still need to be made.

3. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

I'd rather MeepCraft create an outflow for iron somehow (make a villager trade that turns it into something currently more valuable?) than "nerf" yet another thing, but something needs to be done, and maybe this is it. When the wild reset, I was so excited to go mining again. I found a ton of iron and then was disappointed when I realized there was nowhere to sell it for a decent price, to cash in on my effort. Judging by /shout, a lot of people felt the same way.

4. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

Iron farms are already nerfed enough.

VorticoseSeven0 likes this.
  5. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

10 meebles per ingot
    Seems legit
    +1

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  6. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

please state if u do or dont have an iron farm please!
    so what?

7. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

I do, and the point is that people put a lot of time and effort into machines. Why render them not working?

8. Perryjay2

Perryjay2 Popular Meeper

They have already been nerf'd. I have made wuot a few different designs for them, Say on the video they get like 1000 iron an hour, on meep id probably get a couple stacks. Theyve been nerfd enough already.

Ace and Username like this.
  9. Window_Licker

Window_Licker Celebrity Meeper

yes pls iron prices are horrible! :(

10. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

\buying cheap iron! mail me pls in game

11. Perryjay2

Perryjay2 Popular Meeper

Even if we nerf them more we arent getting rid of the iron that has already been created.

Username likes this.
  12. MCRichHuey

MCRichHuey Celebrity Meeper

If iron farms were nerfed, and all of the excess iron were somehow flushed out of the server, what do you think the price of iron would stabilize at? I predict it would go up, but not sure how much. I also think this would have a wide ripple in the economy overall.

Landonator419 and Videogames321 like this.
  13. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

Not just iron though. Everything finite resource will end up being to expensive for its own use.

14. Window_Licker

If people were to sell it at warp shop doe.

15. Perryjay2

Perryjay2 Popular Meeper

ohbyea cus everyone who has got an iron farm can sell ALL the iron they got to a double chest? Are you stupid. The chest at /warp shops chests are full anyway. This is actually one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard.

16. Window_Licker

Are you stupid, I didn't say sell it at a chest shop i said sell it at warp shop. Maybe you should think before you speak :)

17. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

That's probably why every iron shop everywhere is full.
    +1

18. Perryjay2

Perryjay2 Popular Meeper

Thought u said /pwarp shops, I apologize. But still, you can sell iron there for so cheap it is barely worth it anyway. I honestly dont see the point in Nerfing Everything. Is there anything wrong with making money. If we actually had a good shop system (VSHOP) then it wouldn't matter how much someone brought stuff in to the extremes. The only thing wrong with vshop is the noob who decides to put diamonds for sale at 300.

19. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Iron, Gold, Dirt, Wood whatever, its NOT the items or farms that is the problem... its the base game mechanics faucet vs sink as not balanced (well right now they are i guess) but anytime before now it was been 80% faucet and 10% sink! Want to fix it put ME and McRichHuey in-charge of towny/economy prices! PS. Cooleysworld, Diana, Deien0 can help too!

Erebus45, Landonator419 and Perryjay2 like this.
  20. Perryjay2

Perryjay2 Popular Meeper

And people wonder why he is rich

BooBear1227 likes this.