1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Ultimate perk suggestions

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Dockson, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

As a response to this thread: http://meepcraft.com/threads/ultimate-price.37258/ ,that is suggesting to lower the price of the Ultimate rank, I will list a couple of possibilities on new perks. I have already listed a few of them on the aforementioned thread, but since that is more focused on lowering the price, here is a brief list with perks and perks only.

1. A HawkEye tool. A tool that allows the player to monitor their own storage units and area in general. Correct me, if I am wrong, it is something like a part of the Prism plugin, staff members are using. Uses only one command: /he tool, which gives you a tool to check your chests/areas with for any changes made in the past.

2. A temporary, daily boost similar to what a beacon provides. That means: speed/jump boost/mining speed/etc. This could be achieved with a sign/command. Should not exceed 10 minutes and would be restricted to wild/towny/skyblock once per day.

3. Discounts in various areas of the game. Some examples include (not limited to):
    --- Towny: Town creation, town upkeep, plot taxes, pwarp cost/upkeep
    --- Skyblock: Discounts in the /warp skyblock shop when buying with cobblestone
    --- Spawn: I am not sure how the shop in spawn works, possible discounts in there

4. Allow ultimates to create a portal to different worlds (wild/pvp/skyblock), that only they can use. This can be made in a towny plot. I do understand that this does not have that much of an impact (/warp <name> takes a second to write), but is a neat bonus to the rank.

5. If possible at all, let ultimates manage their chat colors. Might be really hard to implement/confusing to use, but certainly worth mentioning. I do personally find the chat colors irritating at times and hard to read. Give ultimates a plugin, in which they can change the text color of ranks/messages via commands. (/color helper blue, /color pm yellow)

6. A suggestion by @Username : Allow Ultimates to change their rank to a desired name, though, it has to be appropriate, not misleading nor vulgare. In conjuction with number 5. a player could make his new rank title a different color/multicolored, but would keep the rank brackets orange as to indicate an Ultimate.

7. A suggestion by @n00bslayer_99 : Nicknames. The ability to nickname themselves like this: /nick [nickname]. Basically, suggestion 6, but with the name, not rank.

8. A suggestion by @Cookies713 : Be able to add Lore to the object they are holding. If its a tool then it goes under the /fix warning and if its a block or other placeable object it (obviously) loses the Lore when it is placed.

9. A suggestion by @Da guggybug : /smelt , /enderchest , /vanish , those would be some great commands. Vanish would be restricted from certain areas like plots with pvp and spawn/wild

10. I would definitely NOT give any other advantages to ultimates in any Minigame. It defeats the purpose of "donating" since the activities become 'pay to win' and a nuisance to play with higher ranks.

I will list any other worthwhile suggestions from the comments here.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  2. Darke_Amethyst

Darke_Amethyst Legendary Meeper

3. Captain_Twinkies

Captain_Twinkies Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Very refined perks, would be a great addition to the Ultimate perks.

4. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

1. -1, they will be able to dupe (PM me for info), and Hawkeye has been removed from the server.

2-5. +1

7. +1

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  5. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

+1. I am an ult myself, and 300$ is a wii u bundle with 2 mario games. I honestly think when I got ult I didn't realize what you can do with 300$ so, I think that ults should have more perks.

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

1. We actually used to have hawkeye as staff. but it has been removed. And there' sno reason why you should need this. -1.
    2. +1.
    3. Not sure how difficult that would be to code....
    4. /home....?
    5. +1, but keep it between orange and purple.
    6. wat.
    7. +1 except for kit.

7. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

I appreciate you commenting on the points, I would appreciate even more if you/people would extend the list of suggestions :) People that actually have the ultimate rank.
    Outside of personal use for the Hawkeye tool (checking when and who modified a certain area (activity check)), you could use a screenshot as a proof of scamming with the hawkeye chest check output. Less work for the staff.

8. Cascade1324

Cascade1324 Celebrity Meeper

+1, I think that would be a good idea but I'm never going to buy ultimate.

9. hippapajo

hippapajo Popular Meeper

In referencing to #6, I'm pretty sure he means something like this:

Helper chat is yellow, that's a fact. Y4cky is suggesting that Ultimates are given a command so that on their client side, helper chat appears to be blue, or green, or whatever they choose. They could edit the colors of their chat, but only they can see their edits. It does not effect the rest of the server.

Pretend I'm an Ultimate, and this was implemented.
    I have the command /color.
    I can do /color helperchat blue, and it would make helper chat look like this:
    (G/Spawn) [Helper] GenericHelper: Hello! I'm a helper!
    Opposed to the regular yellow chat we're used to. I could also do something like /color ultimatechat green and it would do this:
    (G/Spawn) [Ultimate] GenericUltimate: Hello! I'm an ultimate!
    This would not be limited to just chat color. There would also be like /color borders yellow, which would turn it into this:
    (G/Spawn)
    Keep in mind, all of these edits would be client-side, so the rest of the server would be unaffected and other ultimates could have differing colors for the same thing at the same time.
    @Y4cky, correct me if I'm wrong at interpreting what you were saying :p

Cherrykit, Username and Dockson like this.
  10. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Spot on, thanks for explaining the idea more closely :)

hippapajo likes this.
  11. hippapajo

hippapajo Popular Meeper

:D np!

12. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

That looks like the source of my headaches.

417Mario likes this.
  13. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

+1, except for suggestion 1.

14. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Do you think that it is not useful for regular players or just should not be given to them?

chaos546 likes this.
  15. alex77034

You should do /speed (1-10) Or, if staff wants it to be more limited we can try (1-5) It gets people places faster, and It also makes fly faster. I think that if this actually is enabled, I will hug staff and treat them like my mum forever :I lol

Dockson likes this.
  16. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

I don't think it should be given to them, while it would be useful. There would be so many misunderstandings, plus the plugin is no longer used.

17. Username

Username Popular Meeper

What about in addition to the rank, the player is able to alter their rank name?

(Examples in Chat Log form)

------

[Ultimate] Player: Im going to change my name to something fancy!

/[Command] Czar

[Czar] Player: What do you think?

-----

It could then be anything as long as it is not inappropriate or used to impersonate staff members. Maybe even change the colors of the letters, but keeping the brackets orange so a player can't pretend they are of a different rank.

-----

[Czar] Player: Im tried of this name, let me change it again!

/(Command) *1(N)*3(o)*2(o)*6(b)

[Noob] Player: Lol

-----

I can see a lot of practical uses for this command, such as declaring yourself as the owner of a specific town, or affiliated with a certain pvp group/party.

-----

[Raiders] Player1: Test

[Raiders] Player2: What test? I didnt study!

--

[MTowner] Player3: I am the owner of Melon Town.

--

[Iama] Refreshing_Soda27: :3

-----

I think this perk would probably be very desirable to a lot of players, and because it is reserved only for Ultimates, not show up very often in chat. Im not an Ultimate, but I found this feature very cool on a couple of other servers I visited. I feel it would make Ultimate worth it to many people on Meepcraft, in addition to /fly.

CrythSpeedy, Cherrykit and Dockson like this.
  18. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

I like this :) adding to the list

Username likes this.
  19. alex77034

Dude, what about speed?it's up there.

20. funkyrainbows

funkyrainbows Double Rainbow

1. -1, this is a moderation tool

2. +1

3. -1