1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepTraders

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Coelho, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

MeepTraders will be there for the full month.

Landonator419 likes this.
  2. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

That will be better

3. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

+1

cooey likes this.
  4. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

That's a whole 500k I could buy 2 Towns and still have some spending money.

5. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

You fail to realize that this is a *feature.* You do not need to use it.

Lilstokes and RaidByNightOnly like this.
  6. RaidByNightOnly

Ok, Will the prices and items be different for everyone??

7. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

No. They are the same for everyone for the month's duration.

8. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

IMO the server should pull out of the economy a bit and control it less, like a free-market. Because of the way Pnis answered my questions, I'll change to +0.75.

9. RaidByNightOnly

Seeing as you call them "Traders" could you make them on a big boat?? :p

10. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Keep in mind, using the example price of 500,000 meebles per month for monthly access. This equates to roughly 16,667 a day one would need to remake to break even. This is a pretty fair, and achievable amount to accumulate per day without needing you to go mine for 8 hour a day to achieve. This risk in this is almost akin to any business, or flipping scheme. You're investing (gambling/risking) the money on Day 1 when you project an income and profit by day X, in this case 30.

This is not meant for everyone to participate in every month regardless, from my understand, this is yet another alternative or route for players to bring in income.

Cake_Army_Max and metr0n0me like this.
  11. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

You have absolutely zero idea how economics works. Do not continue to post on my threads.

Cake_Army_Max likes this.
  12. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

I read halfway.
    Then I gave it a +1

It will make the server more unique, and it will be pretty interesting.

semiblind likes this.
  13. semiblind

semiblind Active Meeper

You asked for opinions, and i gave mine. You dont have to agree with my opinions, but i have been 100% correct about what would happen after the meepshop removal, you have confirmd that with this and the delivery suggestion.

Do you not expect shops buy prices to tank in efforts to gain maximum profits?

I want this server to thrive, and hope you can open your mind a bit and see that there are better and less complicated solutions to get the economy back on track.

Ill refrain from posting in these threads unless you decide to quote one of my already posted responses to continue the conversation.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  14. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

Competition provides consumers the lowest price for their goods, in this case for both buying and selling. This idea does not present a monopoly - multiple people can participate and compete, so price fixing in order to gain a profit is hard if not possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics

My mind is open, but when you make a post so obviously misinformed you can not expect me to listen to it.

15. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Great idea. But... imagine this situation.

The traders come and are buying, say, gold ingots for 100 Meebles. All the rich players will start to hoard the gold ingots for anything bellow those 100 Meebles. I would imagine in a day, the stock of gold ingots will be all held by the rich players ready to be sold to the traders or... put an amazingly high price for the ingots and start selling them to the regular player base.

I do believe that this system is better than our actual one, but only time and gameplay would really tell, I guess.

Username and Cherrykit like this.
  16. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

So it's like the lucky block mod. You might get something good, you might get something bad. If you can afford it.

17. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

There is no luck involved, the traders will come up with an item(s) that is (are) currently overflowing the market.

18. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

so valuables would never be there then. just dirt and crap.

19. semiblind

semiblind Active Meeper

I dont expect price fixing or collusion among shop owners. I do expect shop owners to figure out how to generate the most profit possible on whatever their item or items of choice is.

With this system, there will be huge risks taken by those who choose to buy access to the traders, and with all risks we try to minimize the potential damage and maximize the potential upside. To me, the easiest and fastest way to do that would be for shop owners to trim their buy prices. I could be way off in my thinking, but it seems like the most logical line of thought in this type of scenario.

On a different, but related topic. You mention that both trader and access prices are subject to change. Would this be linked in some way? Example: Halfway through the month both drop by 15% It would feel pretty rough to have work, school, family obligations, or some other reason to not log in the first day of the month and miss out on the original trader prices but still have to pay the original access price.

I only saw Onis post that items were going to be picked by admins, but nothing about how. Did i miss it somewhere?

20. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

"and each price will be carefully picked dependent on the current market and subject to change as the month continues"