1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Is God real?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by n00bslayer_99, Nov 11, 2014.

1. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Please stop making threads like this, 1. you're asking for a flame war 2. you're offending a majority of the server.

I really don't care what anyone says, I'll keep my opinion and no one can change that, and I know this is the debate section, but religion is nothing to debate about, it's all about belief and/or faith.

Why do you think the other ones got deleted?

LadyCassandra and CrythSpeedy like this.
  2. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

This is the first time I've ever made a thread like this.
    I had no knowledge of that

I'm just doing this because it is a debate I have at school, and I'd like to see some of the things the opposing team may say. As said above this is no way meant to be respectful to anyone.

3. Jaruv

Jaruv Popular Meeper

Faith doesn't cause war, humans do. And there is no proof that we've discovered yet saying that the world was created in any other way.

And don't quote me and come with the Big bang theory bs, it's not a theory of how everything was made, but of how the world was re-constructed into what it is today from having everything in one spot....

4. Jessy1990

Jessy1990 Well-Known Meeper

Just because you can't physically see or touch God doesn't mean he's not real. You can't see or touch love, but do you not believe it exists? I have seen God's work. When a person comes out of a coma that wasn't meant to live, or survives a car accident that should've killed them, that's God doing his work. My mother, in 2008 clinically died 5 times while on an operating table. She says that she saw a white light every time, but was still brought back. That to me is the work of only one man. The creator or the heavens and the Earth. Everyone is allowed to believe whatever they choose. That's why He gave us free-will. I know it sounds cliche, but God could stop death from occurring, and stop everything bad from occurring, but he doesn't. Why? I don't know. It's not my time to know his plans. But if I've learned anything, it's this. Everything happens for a reason. When you push that person down at school for being smaller or weaker than you (not saying anyone in particular does this.. this just an example) it comes back to you. Call it Karma or God's work, but everything you do as a consequence. And whether you pay for that wrong-doing during your life time, or answer for it in front of that higher power, it will come back.

I know I kinda skewed off topic.. sorry.

And on the subject of war. A lot of wars are started over religion... which is man-made. I believe that you don't have to follow a religion to believe God's there. He knows your heart. But a lot of people want to say one is better than the other.. which is what causes wars. Neither are 'better'. All religions are equal and personally I think regardless a person believes in the lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth or Allah (which by the way is the Arabic word for God.. just saying), they are all the same. They all coexist, and just want one goal.. peace on Earth. The problem tho, is free will and that some people choose to be ignorant about it, and start flame wars or actual wars that require tens of thousands of men to die.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  5. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

You said and I quote
    Ok lets break that down here, So you're trying to tell me that the Faith(s) that promote Charity and Love for Everyone causes this?? No, it is the People that do this.

6. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

I think this is a very close minded debate with a general regard to Christianity. The better prose for this would be "is there A god?" referring rather to the theistic standpoint rather than just to Christianity.

Theistically, I believe there is a god. I recently read a book called I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist and although this was a Christian based book, I believe that the science presented in the book does prove a theistic god, aka a god that doesn't pertain to a specific religion. N00bslayer, I'd implore you to read this, your accusations are a bit radical, at least from my standpoint. I'll be dissecting your argument based on both a Christian God and a theistic god belief.

Actually, if you look at some of the laws of nature you'll find the law of causality which, in summary, states "Everything made has a cause." This law can be referred back to a cosmological argument for the existence of a god which states, "Everything that had a beginning had a cause, the universe had a beginning therefore the universe had a cause." This is further backed up by the big bang theory, the big bang theory is the theory that the universe came from nothing. How does something come from nothing? It doesn't unless there was a creator. Now, you may say, "The universe has always existed." This is false, science has proven that everything in the universe needs a power source, including the universe itself. Science has also proven that the universe is billions of years old, with this in mind how much energy is used in billions of years? Short answer: a lot. If the universe was infinite, then there would need to be an infinite power source however, science has shown (I would love to cite to the actual scientist whom states this however, I can't remember off the top of my head) that there is a finite amount of energy in the universe so therefore, the universe cannot be infinite because of a finite energy source. So what does this leave? Something that created the universe out of nothing. This doesn't need to be Yaweh, Allah, or God, it just means that there was a creator.

In the beginning when the Christian God created Adam and Eve, he gave them free choice. Their free choice led them to sin. Sin is the source of all evil in this world and the source of pain and suffering. What else is pain and suffering? War and tragedy. The sin that Adam and Eve brought into this world brought war, tragedy, loss, etc. However, God has given hope to those who are suffering through those by the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. The way you're portraying God is like he is evil, when he is not. My Christian God is a loving God who gave a sacrifice so that by believing we may have eternal life in his name. (John 3:16 !) Planes crashing down are not a work of God, it is a work of Satan. Planes crashing down and killing innocents is why God gave Jesus to die, so that the innocent people may believe in Jesus and therefore not perish and suffer in hell but, rather spend eternity in heaven.

I'm assuming that you're getting this off the internet. In the Old Testament, God only kills the wicked and the sinners of the earth whom he knows (he knows this because God is omnipotent, omnipresent and all knowing) will not repent of their ways in the future. This is seen in the destruction of Sodom and Gomorah (spell check me on that one!). God, however, allows there to be a chance that these people would repent and come to him however, these people do not take it so, they pay the punishment for their sin. The punishment for sin is death. Lucifer (aka Satan) hasn't put the knife in the chest of a person, however, he is the cause for every death in the world. Lucifer brought sin into this world through the temptation of Eve. Lucifer is to blame for all death, not God.

A man who lost his arm will have another arm in Heaven. Earthly forms for God do not matter, why? Because God sees your perfect form in heaven, with him. Faith alone cannot prevent anything except an eternity in hell. Correct faith does not produce hatred, famine, racism and ignorance however, wrong faith does.

Regardless if you want to believe in a Christian God or not there is clear scientific evidence of at least a creator, which would be, in the theistic sense, god. In my mind, there is no way to disprove that there is a god, creator and that there is a God, the father.

N00bslayer, I'm a very devout person and would love to enlighten you about the Bible if you are interested in continuing talks, message me on the forums and we will talk about God :)

7. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

If he was offending a majority of the people here (probs one of them, which is me), I would be very mad :C
    I'm fine with a debate thread on God, as long as no one comes up with a joke offending God. ._.

LadyCassandra likes this.
  8. emmettz24

emmettz24 Celebrity Meeper

^^^
    Either way their is no legit proof and majority of the server do belive in God.

So my question is, why have a debate that's unrealistic and can't be proven?

9. SirGiggly

SirGiggly Celebrity Meeper

I do it too often, don't try to change people's opinions on a Minecraft server for 12 year olds. You meet a particular type of person

10. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

11. DeadlyPoptartz

DeadlyPoptartz Celebrity Meeper

12. Toostenheimer

Hahaha <-<

DeadlyPoptartz likes this.
  13. SirGiggly

I'm sorry I had too
    What was the last thing Christ said?"Peter, I can see your house from here!"

14. Toostenheimer

Look in the bible! :)

DeadlyPoptartz likes this.
  15. SirGiggly

Did you read the post...

n00bslayer_99 likes this.
  16. CrythSpeedy

CrythSpeedy Celebrity Meeper

Abby add a love button! I gotta spam click it for this post!!!

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  17. Darke_Amethyst

Darke_Amethyst Legendary Meeper

Thank you, thank you so very much.

CrythSpeedy likes this.
  18. RaidByNightOnly

EXACTLY, There is no proof either way it is all just suggestions pointing to the answer for either side nothing truly PROVEN.

19. SirGiggly

Nothing is proven but there is a burden of proof, to make a positive claim acceptable you must provide sufficient evidence. As you just stated there is no proof so the positive claim is worthless, so why openly state you do not care about the truth.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 15, 2014 ---
    Again I'll say almost all of the arguements presented for a god in this thread have been thoroughly rejected

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  20. RaidByNightOnly

Ok, do we really know for sure without a 1% shred of doubt anywhere that any of this really happened?? Maybe we're all wrong?? What I am really trying to say is that we have no complete proof to deny the other side. Just proof to back up the your own side. To truly win you must have proof to completely shut down the other side.

Videogames321 likes this.