1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Misserin - Staff application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by MrHollywoot, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrHollywoot

MrHollywoot Popular Meeper

In Game Name: MissErin
    Skype Username: thecandymanisback
    Teamspeak Username: MissErin/Hollywood
    Timezone:Central
    Hours online per weekday:5+
    Hours online per weekend:9+
    Position Changes: (ex. Citizen to Helper, Helper to Mod, Mod to SuperMod)
    Citizen > Staff
    Introduction:
    This is a new idea that I feel the staff, community, and server could greatly benefit from. Im looking to more be a voice that represents everyone as a hole not a specific person, group, or idea.

My years of military service have tought me things things about running a succesfull operation that you can not get anywhere else at my age.

I am not looking for the power that others strive for im looking to be a counsler a quality control regulator and somone who sets/writes the examples that we should all follow that would make this place all the more succesfull.

Why you should be Helper/Mod/Supermod
    I am currently serving as the operations NCO for Warrior Transition Battalion in the U.S. Army. My overall job scope is that I handle the day to day operations for 5 different line companies and ensure that all standards are upheld. This may sound confusing but think of it like this I have direct influence on over 800 people every day and push everyone for success. I won’t brag but if you want to look into yourself look up Warrior Transition Battalion Fort Campbell KY and the awards and prestiege we have when it comes to what we do. We are the best of the best hand selected to do the most important job in the army when it comes to Soldier care.

Before this job I served as a Infantry Squad Leader for 1-502 Infantry unit. We have done things that will go down in the history books for our success. (this month we were awarded the Presidential Unit Award for our acomplishments this last deployment). I have helped bring success to all things I put my mind and heart into.
    Weaknesses:
    From time to time people take what I say and the actions I take to heart to literally. I am always 100% truthful in any matter I find and I don’t hold back. Sometimes this hurts people’s feelings but I always have the best intentions.
    Sometimes you need someone to make the unpopular decision and I am more than comfortable doing that.

Strength (not asked for but I feel it should be):
    I have been online gaming for almost 16 years and trust me iv seen/heard every bit of it. I had a history of successfully cheating in counterstrike that actually had lead me to being picked up on a few Anti-Cheat groups/mods for larger tournaments when it was needed. I’m able to look at things from a “broad” point of view and put together all of the puzzle in a mindset most people don’t utilize.

I am very political in the sense that I understand structure and how things should be handled behind closed doors. I don’t gossip and any conversation people have with me in private stays that way (this I feel is the biggest issue we have on meep right now).

Conclusion:
    This group has potential I feel only a few people realize but are too wrapped up in personal matters/opinions. I want to help keep everyone focused so we can have fun all the time instead of having to deal with the issues that cannot be resolved.

“Occam’s Razor - the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.”

*If your application is denied, you must wait 2 weeks to re-apply.

If this is not approvaed I do not take it personaly. My counsle/advice is always available and im here if you need it.

2. Britney

Britney Popular Meeper

3. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Never seen you help in game and I rarely see you online.

4. MrHollywoot

Because i dont sit in the pvp arena dont meen im not online :)

If youd like to hear about how much im online ask my wife !

and not to defend your "you never see me help people" i dont help in /shout i msg people the ammount of /shout flood is over the top but the community i help knows i do it.

5. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: MissErin
    Skype Username: thecandymanisback
    Teamspeak Username: MissErin/Hollywood
    Timezone:Central
    Hours online per weekday:5+
    Hours online per weekend:9+
    Position Changes: (ex. Citizen to Helper, Helper to Mod, Mod to SuperMod)
    Citizen > Staff
    Introduction:
    This is a new idea that I feel the staff, community, and server could greatly benefit from. Im looking to more be a voice that represents everyone as a hole not a specific person, group, or idea.

My years of military service have tought me things things about running a succesfull operation that you can not get anywhere else at my age.

You were in the military?

I am not looking for the power that others strive for im looking to be a counsler a quality control regulator and somone who sets/writes the examples that we should all follow that would make this place all the more succesfull.

Typos galore! Shows that you didn't proofread your app.

Why you should be Helper/Mod/Supermod
    I am currently serving as the operations NCO for Warrior Transition Battalion in the U.S. Army. My overall job scope is that I handle the day to day operations for 5 different line companies and ensure that all standards are upheld. This may sound confusing but think of it like this I have direct influence on over 800 people every day and push everyone for success. I won’t brag but if you want to look into yourself look up Warrior Transition Battalion Fort Campbell KY and the awards and prestiege we have when it comes to what we do. We are the best of the best hand selected to do the most important job in the army when it comes to Soldier care.

Before this job I served as a Infantry Squad Leader for 1-502 Infantry unit. We have done things that will go down in the history books for our success. (this month we were awarded the Presidential Unit Award for our acomplishments this last deployment). I have helped bring success to all things I put my mind and heart into.
    Weaknesses:
    From time to time people take what I say and the actions I take to heart to literally. I am always 100% truthful in any matter I find and I don’t hold back. Sometimes this hurts people’s feelings but I always have the best intentions.
    Sometimes you need someone to make the unpopular decision and I am more than comfortable doing that.

Strength (not asked for but I feel it should be):
    I have been online gaming for almost 16 years and trust me iv seen/heard every bit of it. I had a history of successfully cheating in counterstrike that actually had lead me to being picked up on a few Anti-Cheat groups/mods for larger tournaments when it was needed. I’m able to look at things from a “broad” point of view and put together all of the puzzle in a mindset most people don’t utilize.

In this, you should demonstrate your experience with Meepcraft more. I don't see you in /shout and you are pretty inactive forums member ( You're still only a New Member with 28 posts )

I am very political in the sense that I understand structure and how things should be handled behind closed doors. I don’t gossip and any conversation people have with me in private stays that way (this I feel is the biggest issue we have on meep right now).

Conclusion:
    This group has potential I feel only a few people realize but are too wrapped up in personal matters/opinions. I want to help keep everyone focused so we can have fun all the time instead of having to deal with the issues that cannot be resolved.
    “Occam’s Razor - the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.”

*If your application is denied, you must wait 2 weeks to re-apply.

You posted this why?

Anyway, good luck Hollywood (-1)

6. MrHollywoot

Thanks for your input soulblade however you are doing exactly what im trying to help fight.

Constructive criticism is always welcome but i feel you missed the ideas im trying to bring to the community.

Would you even notice someone in /Shout if the content didn’t directly matter to yourself?

95% of what is said in /shout is trolls, arguments between 2 people, or general discussion I stay out of unless i have helpfull input. I dont talk for the sake of talking.
    I speak when it matters.

EDIT: Please dont flame typo mistakes not everyone grasps the "rules" of the English laungage as well as others. I have had this issue for most of my life and its slow to get better I prefer to speak outloud then to type my point of view. A document can be edited but words said outloud can never be taken back.

7. MrsMegan

MrsMegan Celebrity Meeper

+0 I see you helping out when you can in shout, but there are often times you are either messaging me or asking in shout for simple commands.

8. MrHollywoot

Yes MrsMegan sometimes the rules of /commands get confusing to were they can be used and when they cant. Im also deffently guilty of doing /commands from all the other games/servers I played on But my goal here is not to know everything at once its more of a this is what I have to bring and trust me its always a learning process :)

9. Mjr_Minor

Mjr_Minor Celebrity Meeper

I feel that you're still very new to Meep, and as Megan has said this shows in you not being proficient in towny commands. As a helper (where you would immediately be put, as there is no exact position that you describe) you would be required to inform less-knowledgable players of these commands both in /shout and when they submit a /modreq, so not being familiar with them will not do you any favours. Also (being really nitty-gritty), writing a staff app that contains spelling mistakes does not particularly display effort to many people, and this completely undermines any thoughtful content you were trying to provide. I suggest that when writing an app you go through it with a fine-tooth comb and make sure it's 100% faultless grammar/spelling wise.

Now that I've said the harsh part, I'll move on to my constructive criticism: if you are rejected, spend the time between applications to become more familiar with not only the commands but also with the server in general. The experience you'll gain from doing so will be invaluable to you if you do become a helper in the future. The community wants helpers who can help - there's a clue in the name :p So for now I'm a -1, purely because you aren't familiar with the commands and I feel that will greatly hamper your ability to do your job well.

10. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

LOCK DIS ITS STILL OPEN
    And now she's an Active Member, oh it comes so fast.

11. MrJoe223

MrJoe223 Popular Meeper

While your service in the armed forces is nothing to frown over(and indeed, thank you), it doesn't belong in the "Why?" section. Put an abridged version of that into the introduction, and devote the Why? to reasons *on Meepcraft* that would make you a good Mod.

plus none

12. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

View attachment 1225

MrJoe223 likes this.
  13. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

Nice work.

14. MrJoe223

MrJoe223 Popular Meeper

Oh, thanks.

Note to staff: Make sure to post in the thread denying it, *before* you move it to Denied. Also move it from the main staff apps forum, please. .-.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  15. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

Ikr, it was just open so I posted in it to tell the staff.

16. MrHollywoot

why was this thread put back? this was deleted after talking dein0

please remove this thread thanks.

if/when i apply for helper its when im asked to

17. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Necro.

18. MrHollywoot

Im a HE tasmiki stop trying to up your post count in dead threads no one cares about this thread :p

19. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

? I put two posts, if I wanted to up my post count I would have posted lots of posts.

20. MrHollywoot

^
    or make a thread that says

"meepcraft is raciest!" haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.