1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

I really hope you know what I meant. I'm sorry if I offended you or made you feel secluded, because your a really cool dude and I would never want to make you feel that way. Homosexuals are still normal people, and natural in the since that they are human. It's just the coloring in between the lines that I disagree with most of the time. But don't get me wrong! I love Gay people and I think for the most part they are very genuine nice human beings.

Hearts! <3<3<3<3

2. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Welp, the Supreme Court of the US has rejected the gay marriage appeals from 5 states. That means that same-sex marriage is officially legalized in 5 new US states. This also means that the majority of Americans now live in a state with same-sex marriage.

Congratulations Utah, Oklahoma, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Virginia.

[​IMG]

3. dannyj2801

dannyj2801 Popular Meeper

Just heard about this!

4. Xboxplayer-12

Xboxplayer-12 Celebrity Meeper

woohoo!

UglyUnicorn likes this.
  5. DeadlyPoptartz

DeadlyPoptartz Celebrity Meeper

i take it ur a hater of the bible and dont have a clue what it means?
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 7, 2014 ---
    [​IMG]

6. Xboxplayer-12

You are the reason perfectly decent people get bashed for believing in God.

Skaros123 and Erebus45 like this.
  7. DeadlyPoptartz

how so, i beleive in God. i try to help people understand him, not push them away from God. he just talking bad about the bible, and he thought it was serious when it said pluck out ur eye if it causes you to stumble or cut off your hand if it causes you to stumble, that so easy to unnderstand, its a hyperbaley( pretty sure i spelled that wrong)

8. Xboxplayer-12

You callēd him a hater of the bible. And I can imagine the tone you would have said it in.

9. Skaros123

Well, Ruth loved Naomi as Adam loved Eve. God create Adam and Eve, but he also created Ruth and Naomi, and David and Jonathon.

"I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women."
    -2 Samuel 1:26

"And as soon as the boy had gone, David rose from beside the stone heap and fell on his face to the ground and bowed three times. And they kissed one another and wept with one another, David weeping the most."
    -1 Samuel 20:41

• Being that the only type of relationship with women back then was sexual, David meant this is a romantic kind of way. It goes well beyond a close friendship between two men. Their relationship was thought of as positively in the Bible.

As for Ruth and Naomi, the same Hebrew word used to describe Adam's love for Eve described Ruth's love for Naomi. These two women were also not condemned in the Bible.
    -Genesis 2:24 & Ruth 1:14
    • The same love for Adam to Eve is obviously sexual and romantic. For Ruth to share that with Naomi clearly demonstrates a same-sex attraction to other women.

The quotes in the Bible that you may find that suggest homosexual activity to be a sin are easily misinterpreted. During the time the Bible was written, homosexuals were considered Eunuchs, men unfit to be with women. And the Bible in fact does say some Eunuchs are born that way, choose to be that way, or become celibates.

"For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.
    -Matthew 19:12

Given the misinterpretation, the Bible does not talk against all homosexual activity. It does however condemn the acts of pederasty. Pederasty being the act of an older male having relations with a young boy, one not old enough for consent. As well as homosexuals have relations with heterosexuals, opposite or same-sex both included.

The blunt translations of the Bible to English in fact do change some meanings, especially in terms of what types of homosexual acts are allowed. God does not hate the homosexual, and in fact, he created them. Proof of homosexuals being born gay is evident, and supported by biblical readings that suggest they were born gay. Don't mistake modern translations to be the word of God. Think back to what life was like when Jesus was around. Jesus condemned the same homosexual acts that are condemned in heterosexual activity. People born gay aren't ill, they are blessed no less than you are.

10. DeadlyPoptartz

yeah, do you know what a eunich is? just wondering, way you said it seems different from how ive heard
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 8, 2014 ---
    ummmm first, i asked him, never called him that, second i wouldent have said it in a bad tone.just so ya know;)

11. Skaros123

People often refer to it as someone whose been castrated and cannot produce children. However, the same Aramaic term for homosexual also referred the the Eunuchs of the Bible. As far as English goes, it wouldn't describe a homosexual in the Bible Americans would read. However, since homosexuals were referred to as eunuchs in the time of the Bible, then it validates the claim that homosexuals were "eunuchs" because they are unfit to be with woman since that's how they were described in the language the Bible was written it.

cooey likes this.
  12. DeadlyPoptartz

eh, not entirely but mkay
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 8, 2014 ---
    some monks are eunuchs, catholisism was in the time of the bible
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014 ---
    anyway, lets get off this topic, bible says homosexuality is wrong, but we cant force people to agree, end of story.

13. DeadlyPoptartz

this tread is waaaaaaaaay to long, thirtyone pages, so lets stop

14. CyberneticToast

CyberneticToast Celebrity Meeper

Well spoken! :)

Yes, when reading the Bible you have to remember that these men and women are in a completely different culture. Kissing each other was a way to greet someone in their culture, just as shaking someone's hand is a way to greet someone in America. It's just a different kind of culture. ;)

DeadlyPoptartz and addyawesome01 like this.
  15. DeadlyPoptartz

well spoken too

16. CyberneticToast

CyberneticToast Celebrity Meeper

lol Np and thanks :)

addyawesome01 likes this.
  17. DeadlyPoptartz

18. SirGiggly

SirGiggly Celebrity Meeper

I saw someone say unnatural... well no. Everything that has ever happened and will happen will be natural because it occurs in nature, plus all the animals that are gay, and the fact that we know that homosexuality has been around forever (or at least a whole long time).
    Added, saying nothing can change your mind is openly announcing yourself as ignorant. A fool is a detriment to everyone around them.

Cherrykit likes this.
  19. SirGiggly

SirGiggly Celebrity Meeper

But god is omniscient, he knows everything according to the bible, so he knew sin was inevitable then.

addyawesome01 likes this.
  20. DeadlyPoptartz

what does inevetible mean?