1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

jackl01's helper application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Jackl01, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: jackl01
    Teamspeak Username: Jackl01
    Mic use: All the time I'm on Meep
    Timezone: UTC/GMT +9:30 hours ACST (Darwin)
    Hours online per weekday: 5-6
    Hours online per weekend: 8-9
    Position Changes: Exclusive to Helper

Introduction:
    Hello. My name is Jack, most of you know me as jackl01. My hobbies are Mine craft my iPad, and Meep. I am really passionate about Politics. It is something I've always been interested in and hope to do something relating to leadership/ Helping roles somewhere in my life. I really cannot stand rude and arrogant people who think they are better than everyone else. It's not that I hate them, just not the kind of people I wish to have in my life.

My favorite artist is P!nk. Yes, It's unusual for a boy to like a female artist, but I believe that everyone should like who they want, not who society wants. My favorite band is The Wanted. Next week I go Melbourne, a capital city in Australia for a school Arts trip. The theme is obviously art and is another passion of mine. I am so excited!

My career path as I see it at the moment is being a teacher. I love kids and love helping and if I combine these two things I think I will love my job way too much!

Why you should be Helper/Mod/Supermod ?

Why should I be a Helper?

Experience: I have been in multiple leadership roles such as the SRC and have just organised a major Expo at my school. I believe that this shows I have the knowledge to help. I have won the Leadership award 2 years in a row from my school. I have represented my state in challenging Australia's Education system. I have recently been asked to tour Jessica Watson around my school. I have done SRC 4 years in a row. I absolutely love helping people and making and changing things. I was also in charge of the Leadership group at my school. We are currently fundraising for our World Vision Child Siphalale, from Swaziland. This demonstrates I believe that I could be a Helper and a good one too!

Determination: I am determined to spend a lot of my life helping others. That is why I plan on being a teacher. Another reason I am applying for Helper is to expand on my love of helping. I believe this would be a great way to start working with kids. Because I need a better grip on kids and how to handle then if I want to be a teacher. Also, On MeepCraft, I have a fun way of communicating to people through happy things! A lot of people have said that I can make them happy, even when they're really upset and don't want to talk.

Involvement: I am currently a Member on the forums. I use TeamSpeak every time I am on Meep. I have added 7-8 players on Skype. I enjoy meeting new people and taking to town members on TS and Skype. I think this proves I am willing to get involved in the community.

Maturity: In my early years of school, I will admit, I was really badly behaved and usually got in a lot of trouble. One day my mother was really upset and crying. For some reason, I snapped and I changed my behavior and now I have never been so happy and mature! If all of the above are correct, I think that I really do deserve a chance on Meep Staff. Just ask anyone I know and they'll say that I am loving and mature.

Dedication: As some Meepcrafters know, I have spent a lot of time and effort on MeeCraft. I want something a little different on Meep. even if I only ever get Helper, It will make me feel better knowing I helped the players of Meep in every way I can. I recently left a real life job as I was being bullied. But I went there a few months later for shopping and my old manager said to me "Ever since you left Jack, this store has gone to c**p. We need you back. You are the only one who is dedicated enough to come in early, or do all jobs you are assigned." This made me feel good knowing people notice the effort I go to to make their experience even better.

But why?: But why me? Well, I've proven that I can handle pressure in all situations. I can be trusted and reliable and would show up to Staff meetings on time. I would dedicate a lot of my time on Meep to helping and keeping order in /shout. I am always on TeamSpeak, and always logged into Skype so if you need me message me! We all want a great place to game, and I want to be able to help make the game even better!

Weaknesses:
    1. Sometimes I find that I can't always handle every situation by myself. 2. Sometimes without knowing it, I take over the group. But in the end I do realize my problem and do step down and let everyone have a turn.

Conclusion: I have never even been kicked from the server, let alone get a ban. I plan on keeping it that way. This I believe is a good thing to have if I want Staff. But I hope you all have a good day and thanks for reading!
    -Jack (jackl01)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    Nager2012 likes this.
  2. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

Your application was very well written; I love that you included many real life examples, and ensured you covered a variety of areas. I can't say I have seen alot of you in game, however this may be due to my lack of activity in your timezone. From reading this i gain the sense that you are quite mature and have your head around the main concept of being a staff member; you have expanded on many separate ideas, not focused on the usual 'I want to help'. Your weaknesses I feel also connote maturity; you are aware of your innate desire to lead a team and actively attempt to counter this when necessary.

Overall I am for a +1, given that you are active in game which I personally haven't experienced alot of, but from the small encounters I have had, I have never had any issues. Good luck with your application.

Jackl01 likes this.
  3. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

I see you are using my technique by listing 5 adjectives, good job I highly recommend that.

I liked your app, it was pretty good.

However, you need to work on your shout and fourm post activity. Most people honestly dont know that you exist!

+/- 0 for now. I am sure you will become a staff member sometime in the future.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  4. TrinityIV

TrinityIV Popular Meeper

Actually he's in a different time zone. When i'm up on meep early in the morning I see him.
    +1 from me.

Jackl01 likes this.
  5. 7acespade

Im up until 2:00 am almost every day, I know about timezones.

6. TrinityIV

TrinityIV Popular Meeper

He's in Australia. 11 Hour time difference.

7. 7acespade

Good point. Ill change my score to a +0 since I am unsure of his schedule.

8. TrinityIV

TrinityIV Popular Meeper

And we could use some helpers in that time zone. I woke up at around 5:00am (EST) and no mods were on.

Jackl01 likes this.
  9. Mysteryperson13

Mysteryperson13 Popular Meeper

First off I would like to say that I think that your application and activity are good, and it would be helpful to have some more mods from a time zone like yours. I would however recommend that you help out a little more and possibly work on your maturity in-game.

Nonetheless, I like you and I would like to see you get this position, +1!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  10. shains

shains never stop fighting

Jack, I'm still and always will be a +1. Just work on forums!

Jackl01 likes this.
  11. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

We need more mods in this time zone.

+1

Jackl01 likes this.
  12. ZapChance

ZapChance Popular Meeper

I'm all for a Mod in your timezone! The only thing I ask is next time (if there is), put more effort in your weaknesses. I know it seems like a bad idea, but it's not. We need to know your weaknesses before we can trust you. +1

Jackl01 likes this.
  13. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

+1 :3

Jackl01 likes this.
  14. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! Now let's just see if admins agree :3 haha

15. 1MinecraftLord1

1MinecraftLord1 Celebrity Meeper

I liked you app. Your active and I always see you on teamspeak, +1 Good luck!

Jackl01 likes this.
  16. DeathBunny55

DeathBunny55 Popular Meeper

All my experiences with you have been great. We really could use more time zone mods. +1.

Jackl01 likes this.
  17. Serphina91

Serphina91 Popular Meeper

Hello Jack! Nothing really to say so I guess I'll start...

Intro:
    Very good, we got to know a bit about your background.
    "My hobbies are Mine craft my iPad, and Meep" You got an error here. Too many different ways to correct it so I'll just point it out.

Main:
    "and have just organised" Proof read your application a couple times for grammar/spelling mistakes before posting.
    I like how you split the main section into multiple points.
    EXPERIENCE- Not necessary so... 'No comment'
    DETERMINATION- Nice points, I like this quality :)
    INVOLVEMENT- Could have added a bit more though again, a nice quality.
    MATURITY- Well, this is just about the most important quality to have and I'd expect that you'd have it.
    DEDICATION- I don't think you understand what this means... Though similar to determination, it means that you will put something else aside for it. Coming early to your job isn't dedication, it's determination. Meaning you are loyal to it. So basically, this all should've been with determination.

A pretty good 'paragraph'. (I don't know what to call it... section?)

Conclusion:
    Not much effort in it.

You should've proof read your application for mistakes. I noticed a lot in there. Anyhow, you're very close to my +1! Good luck to you! (+/-0)

Jackl01 likes this.
  18. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

Thank you for the feedback!

19. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Forums activity is below avg
    Good timezone, responsible

20. Denafit

Denafit Popular Meeper

I dont know you and have never seen you but due to other meepcrafters positive feedback +1

Jackl01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.