1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

I see no problem with it, as long as I am not sexually harassed by a gay guy

Llamazon likes this.
  2. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

Do you mean to say hit on? Because that comment didn't seem intelligent

Empoleon_master likes this.
  3. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

Not all gay guys will be attracted to you just as not all women are attracted to you.

4. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

No, if I am hit on, I can just say "I am not gay". I mean harassed liek some guys do to girls, which is very wrong
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 7, 2014 ---
    This isn't really much of a debate than a conversation. No one is against gays that is on the forums, and I think that the "issue" of gay rights is really pumped up by the media more than it should be...

5. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

I agree, the issue is brought up too often in media I mean who cares if hundreds people constantly get beaten to death and tortured for liking guys/girls/other gendered people, every moment of the day, the real question is why SHOULD they NOT be beaten because it clearly has to happen, right? Let's just go back to whipping people of color to have them be slaves again, that's how we should live, right, segregation and whipping those we find icky and different to do boring and dangerous as hell manual labor for us!

Also in reference to your post in another thread lesbians don't hate men, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read. And if lesbians hate men then why do straight girls talk to other straight girls without punching their lights out?

Mainkreke likes this.
  6. Erebus45

Can you provide any proof to this claim? I know it happens a lot in some countries but I'm not aware of "hundreds" of people getting beaten to death constantly for being gay in places like the US. I might just not be looking for it but it would be nice if you provided some examples of this happening.

Skaros123 likes this.
  7. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

It does happen in the US... although, probably not as often.

Squid53214 and Empoleon_master like this.
  8. Nara_Visa

Nara_Visa Celebrity Meeper

This is wrong, In most countries where being shamed and punished for liking the same gender they are not usually tortured for long periods of time. They are just stoned to death. For fear of being killed they usually don't come out of the closet. I have no idea where you get the number of hundreds of people daily. I also don't know where you get the idea that this happens constantly.

9. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

I am Methodist, and confirmed. I am a straight male. While God might have condemned same-sex relations, I don't think that makes them any less of a person. They still need the same rights as us. And who is the government to say they can not be married? If we are some land of the free where everyone is equal, no one should pass judgement on someone for how they were born. When I was younger, I went a long with the whole homophobe act, but I really didn't understand what I was doing. Once I did, I felt horrible. Once I found that there was even a problem with gay marriage, I was astounded. Discriminating against someone for how they are sexually oriented, which they mostly likely have absolutely no choice in is the same as being racist. And the last time I checked, thats not illegal. I see that some people argue it is against their religion, but that's none of their business. Something I've heard a lot is "Saying something someone else is doing is against your religion is like yelling at someone for eating when you are on a diet." These people have no place in decisions of anyone's marriage, let alone homosexuals. Also, we are a country that has Freedom of Religion, so why should that be a problem in the legality of marriage. I am not gay, but I cannot believe how much people can hate someone for who they love. Another thing I see is that boys are bullied for doing anything girly and called gay, or another word I would not like to mention on this forum. This is the same thing as a homosexual woman acting like a man, but people find it hilarious. I also used to find this laughable. Even sometimes I find myself laughing, but when I think back, I am ashamed. It may not be us who started it, but its us who need to end it.

10. Erebus45

I understand that it does happen but hundreds of people every moment of the day?

11. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

*flies into thread*
    Society: Be yourself!
    Society: No not like that...
    *flies out of thread trailing fairy dust for no reason*

kwagscraft and Empoleon_master like this.
  12. Skaros123

Definitely not in the hundreds.

Erebus45 likes this.
  13. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

I just said I was for gay rights! You are arguing a one sided argument. Just stop it
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 8, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 8, 2014 ---
    Also, where did I say that about lesbians, please post a link

Erebus45 and Skaros123 like this.
  14. Acrisius__Agroterra

Acrisius__Agroterra Guest

I think he is confusing Femanazis with lesbians.

Skaros123 and Aarett like this.
  15. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

Gonna mini necro this with a quote:
    It's odd that we know gay people exist, but we deny them their rights on the off chance that it may annoy God.

16. dannyj2801

dannyj2801 Popular Meeper

Exactly. People are basing there hatred of someone off what some guy who may not even exist says.

In my opinion God doesn't exist, but even if he did you are going to hate someone because of what this guy said without providing any real reasoning besides, God doesn't like it.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  17. Neckum

Neckum Meeper

I don't see the problem with gay marriage, but where do we stop? Are they going to allow humans to marry animals? Or adults to marry children? If gay marriage comes out ok, will we go to the next step? I'm not saying it's wrong, but it is unnatural.

18. Skaros123

Unnatural, sure. That's aside the point.

Here's where we draw the line: Gay couples pay taxes and are consenting adults. Kids and animals are NOT consenting adults and they do not pay taxes. Adults are capable of making their own decisions and being functional members of society. You won't have an animal be able to sign their own marriage license. Kids are too young to make their own decisions.

To make things plain and simple; we draw the line at consensual adult love.

19. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

Sure gays can have rights. But don't go waving it in my face, and politically destroying people when they don't agree with you're homosexuality. It's almost like there a protected race (not hating on gays) and if you don't agree with them,

OOOOOO YOUR SO BAD YOU SHOULD SUPPORT US!!!!!! NOW WE WILL HAVE THE GOVERMANT SPOON FEED MEDIA PICK YOU APART.

Anyone remember the CEO of chickfilae when he was questioned about his view on homosexuallity in a private closed doors interview?

Yeah I remember.

Or how about pastors being put behind bars, for expressing views not according to the gay agenda.

I also remember that.

Just saying, I want to have my own outlook on things without being punished by it. -_-

#unpopular opinion lol

20. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

Being Gay is like being able to write with your left hand. You can't change that. You can't change from being gay to straight. It would NEVER work. You would live a miserable life, because you are fighting for what you were born to do.

If you are gay. You were born gay. You can't change it.
    Thus, If you were born gay, you were born in Gods Image.
    If you were born in Gods Image (Everyone is). Then anyone who is gay should have equal rights. \
    Being Gay doesn't separate you from everyone else. You are still human. And God made you that way for a reason.

There is a reason why we call it Human Rights.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 2, 2014 ---
    You are wrong. Being gay is natural. You can't change what you are. GAY HUMANS, WERE BORN GAY. Like most africans were born black. Africans are humans. Gay people are humans. It is all natural.
    Humans marring animals is unnatural because humans were not born to have a romantic or sexual relationships with animals.