1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Guide to make a successful/reasonable living.

Discussion in 'Unofficial Guides' started by Tom Donnelly (Tomrex1221), Aug 4, 2013.

1. Tom Donnelly (Tomrex1221)

Tom Donnelly (Tomrex1221) Guest

Tomrex here, and since the economy isn't so well, I'd like to give a guide for the average pay, the middle class of Meepcraft.

I've seen guides for "becoming rich", but in reality, you usually aren't a millionaire after the steps, so this guide is going to be more realistic.

Starting Out:

Head to /warp wild, and gather supplies before joining a town. Get supplies for a decent house, then mine to get some extra cash to make ends meet.

Joining A Town:

Join a town with a good community and public facilties. You don't want to live in a town that doesn't suit your needs, or is just not well built.
    When building your house, make many levels of basements for room to make farms, breweries etc, you get the idea. You want to be not only self suffient but also able to sell a lot of your output.

Making a Town:

When making a town, make sure to have a plan, the supplies, and the money. DO NOT make a town right when you get the 25k. Save up a ton more for things like stuff for spawn, roads, facilties etc. although when I first made my town before the reset, I winged it and was successful, we almost fell into ruin multiple times and I was in debt to people.

End Note:

A successful man takes every second to work, and is resourceful and will try anyway to make money. Expand your market. Millionaires, don't spend money, they take it in. And when they do spend money, it's a worthwhile investment.

2. Ancientdark919

Ancientdark919 Popular Meeper

What about that ruby-encrusted toilet you bought earlier?

mrli1 and Lady_Hestia like this.
  3. Tom Donnelly (Tomrex1221)

That's a worthwhile investment. Because uh.. I NEED TO BE FANCY WHEN I POOP

4. Okabig

Okabig Popular Meeper

Hey can you add in how good selling Sugarcane is since that stuff in my opinion is the second best money source besides selling ranks in Meepcraft. Trust me it is seeing how I make a minimal amount of money of around 7k just from harvesting this stuff not including selling them for cheap but in bulk so Sugarcane is a very profitable item that should be added even if the stuff may loose its value after every meeper mass produces this stuff.

5. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

Making a town is a great idea, it can be very costly if you want to make it without taking shortcuts.
    Donating will also help you get money, if you are Elite+ you wont have to keep on making new diamond tools just /fix them. Im not sure what rank gets you /feed but that will stop you from buying expensive pieces of caged chicken.

KaiUsesThis likes this.
  6. Tom Donnelly (Tomrex1221)

You lose money for each one planted lol,
    This is for non-donators, if a donator needs help getting successful they should just quit the server lol

_masterdude_ and superbros1211 like this.
  7. Okabig

Okabig Popular Meeper

yes that is true but you only have to plant them once then after that you are only gaining money and never loosing any and you never have to replant so it saves you time and allows you to have a giant farm and not have to spend more then twice the time replanting. Anyone who replants them every time is a fool who is wasting time and has no idea that he could be going faster if he just keeps the bottom part there and just harvests the rest.

EDIT: How do you comment on a part of the post? I cant figure out how people do that

8. Tom Donnelly (Tomrex1221)

Do you mean like quote you like the thing above this message?

You just hit reply on a message mid-typing

9. Okabig

Okabig Popular Meeper

Not any of those but I think I found out how you just comment on a part of a post now. I just reply and delete the parts of the post I am not commenting on. If this comment works then I found my answer.

10. hostilemobfrown

hostilemobfrown Popular Meeper

Hi me and some friend in my town want to start a large town of our own. I already have 140k(I, being themost profitable one of the group of of us, am going to do most of the funding, so I would be the mayor, and they would be assistants), but I want to be safe and save up to 250k before I get a town. Would that be enough? How much needs to be in the town bank?

KaiUsesThis likes this.
  11. Orangefanta1028

Orangefanta1028 Well-Known Meeper

I would recommend at least 100k to be in the town bank

12. Ninja_of_Tempest

Ninja_of_Tempest Celebrity Meeper

Don't necrooooooooooo plz

13. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

Everyone is poor because people don't have common sense. All the intelligent people know how to make money, and they have it. I havent been on for a month or so but Im pretty sure this is the case.

14. _masterdude_

_masterdude_ Popular Meeper

well, these days, towns cost 100k and if you only have 140k, you'll only be able to put 40k in the bank. 250k seems like a better price because you'll have 150k for claiming land and for your town tax.

15. Tom Donnelly (Tomrex1221)

It's all following trends.

16. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

Holy bejesus you've been banned a while.

17. Tom Donnelly (Tomrex1221)

I haven't been banned for awhile, just look how old this thread is it was horribly necroed, I was unbanned at the time of this thread

18. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

You're unbanned??

19. Videogames321

Videogames321 Celebrity Meeper

Nice guide, but update it... I am gonna start working hard on meep now!