1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

Nice to see you can still spew a sentence that you don't even understand. I have not shown any bigoted opinions on the forums, so nice to see you can put words into my mouth that I never said. I will have you know that I am not against gay rights, I think that the government shouldn't be concerned with who people marry.
    You are literally just spewing out words and rambling about things I never said anything about. This looks incredibly stupid. The only reason I say anything about you posting all of this crap is that you admitted that you only do it because it gets you likes. Also, this is a debate, not a "ramble on for pages about whatever you want without actually engaging anyone in actual conversation".
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2014 ---
    No response, just as I expected.

TheDebatheist likes this.
  2. Nara_Visa

Nara_Visa Celebrity Meeper

While your at it you might as well check global warming and the Democrats off your list.

3. Mjr_Minor

Mjr_Minor Celebrity Meeper

Where at any point in this debate has @Old_Pink described a bigoted opinion he holds towards gay rights? He was openly expressing dislike to your continued use (or as he would say overuse) of photos relating to this topic without contributing much substance of your own. That's hardly bigoted, that's him being annoyed at your content, not the meaning behind it.

TheDebatheist, Jackl01 and Skaros123 like this.
  4. A4TC

A4TC Well-Known Meeper

Where in the world did you find "if a couple is to divorce then the woman is to be executed" What!?!?

5. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Again, it was already been established that I was thinking about something else.

6. fetch3000rules

fetch3000rules Popular Meeper

To be honest it wouldn't be that difficult to change, all it would take is one overarching law, changing the definition of marriage. I don't think it matters what it is called either, but to prevent more conflict I believe it should also be called marriage.

mar·riage
    noun \ˈmer-ij, ˈma-rij\
    : the relationship that exists between a husband and a wife

: a similar relationship between people of the same sex

: a ceremony in which two people are married to each other

7. A4TC

A4TC Well-Known Meeper

Ok sorry, I was just reading through the beginning, saw that, and was like. WAT haha

8. rAwsondayc

rAwsondayc Celebrity Meeper

As I said on the Women's rights thread: Were all people, we should all get the same rights. Period.

9. Unbrocken

Unbrocken Popular Meeper

What just happened...

"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that's not what America's about. Usually, our constitutions expand liberties, they don't contract them".

~Barack Obama

I may not be in favor of his achievements in office or his political stand points but I sure agree with him on the point of gays.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 21, 2014 ---
    And I personally am not in favor of gays lifestyle but who am I to judge...

And one more point you know how for example Ellen Degeneres (lesbian celebrity) is the male in her lesbian relationship. So that basically cancels out the reason for being gay? lol?

10. Nara_Visa

You are America.

11. Unbrocken

Unbrocken Popular Meeper

what is that supposed to mean

12. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Keep in mind that political views are somewhat fluid. 5 years ago, the percentage of Americans in favor of same-sex marriage was as low as 40%. Now, it's up to 55%. Even members of my family used to be against gay rights, but are now supports. More and more republicans are coming out in favor of same-sex marriage as they notice times are changing. There were several republican congress members in the past year claim they support gay marriage, and they said this after it was legalized in their state.

As for Obama, he may or may not be using this as a political stunt. There's no guarantee for it. Whatever the case, he is representing his political party's platform.

Wait, you do know this was a quote from 2008, right? He advocates LGBT rights much more than he did when he was first elected.

Unbrocken likes this.
  13. Nara_Visa

It means I love you.

14. Unbrocken

Unbrocken Popular Meeper

Ok then...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 21, 2014 ---
    And yes I do it could easily be a political stunt and I totally agree with you on that but the thing is I agree with the point of view on the quote maybe not the person who said it but definitely the content.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 21, 2014 ---
    so what im trying to say is if I said this and Obama didn't would that change the content, no.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 21, 2014 ---
    But the thing I really don't get is the male and female position in a gay relationship because why would you want that isn't that the reason you married the opposite sex? Because you wanted to get away from that female/male influence... Gay people just don't make sense...

Skaros123 likes this.
  15. x_bigheart_x

x_bigheart_x Celebrity Meeper

In my opinion, homophobic people are just cruel people. My opinion. Please dont take this the wrong way. Trying to express my feelings, and thats honestly how I feel. If you love someone, you love them. Its wrong to hate someone because of who they love. Love is love. It doesn't matter if you like a girl, or not.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  16. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

Is that the legal definition?

Nara_Visa likes this.
  17. Nara_Visa

Oh you!

18. Fangdragon1998

You still scare me o_O

19. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

Give me 15 minutes, I have my legal dictionary somewhere.

Nara_Visa likes this.
  20. Fangdragon1998

Im going to bed now doh.

Empoleon_master likes this.