1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

Ohhhh ok seems legit. Guess I need to work on my research skills. Also I neither for NOR against BUT I rather indifferent not ENTIRELY but mostly indifferent.

2. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

Bro, I used to have two female dogs and one was a straight up lesbo... lol. The other dog would run away.

I can see your point though but I find it erroneous. I would only defend it in the cases of insects like flys trying to mate with the same sex (an example given by someone). This is probably only the case because there is a mass of flys mating and let's be honest... flys are not smart and they can mistake sexes.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 6, 2014 ---
    The technology isn't there yet, lots of defects come as a result of this. Even in vitro fertilization (really an almost natural birth) there is a high defect rate but this is most likely due to the fact one of the parents was infertile/not optimum for reproduction naturally so there goes that argument's weight lol.

3. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

True, I especially would not trust the procedure that results in a man to create an egg. (My main concern is the 25% chance at a YY chromosome match). Although, I think the 2 biological mothers procedure is on the verge of completion. Regardless, I just think it would be easier if people just adopt.

Kazarkas likes this.
  4. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

I can't tell if you're for or against LGBT rights and if you're against it remember that your avatar is of the back of a dude without his shirt on in his work out shorts.

Kazarkas likes this.
  5. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

First off, that's me but I found that comment funny.

And no, I am not against the LGBT. I am all for the freedom of choice whether it be drugs or their own sexuality. I see a homosexual as a person that is just born that way, just as I was just born being attracted to females. Can I explain why I find females attractive and why I don't find males attractive? Not really... It is definitely a predisposition and people should have no shame in it.

So... I honestly think gays really aren't at a disadvantage when it comes to the legal system other than the fact homosexuals are not allowed marriage in certain states within the USA. There are civil unions reserved for gays but civil unions don't grant the same tax benefits etc... I will say though, that gays deal with a lot of bigotry but they should try to overlook this and be proud of their sexuality. I commend anyone that is openly gay as one of my friends is and isn't ashamed by it because after all.... its just natural to them.

Cheers.

6. scoowby

scoowby Celebrity Meeper

My argument in two paragraphs.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 7, 2014 ---
    I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

Empoleon_master and Skaros123 like this.
  7. RossCoombs

RossCoombs Popular Meeper

[​IMG]
    I'm absolutely fine with "Gay Rights". They've made their choice - as you have for your religion, and if you don't like people discriminating against your religion as some people are, then don't discriminate against them.

You don't see vegetarians walking into a restaurant, ordering their meal and sitting down, then seeing someone eating a steak and asking the staff to kick them out because they're eating something they don't want to, just as you don't see anything the other way around.

The hatred I get toward homophobes is unreal. They make me so, so, angry. They don't have to get involved in a homosexual relationship, so they can't stop others.

And then looking at some of the stuff mentioned by @Empoleon_master :
    IF YOU CAN'T ABIDE BY ALL OF THE RULES IN THE BIBLE, DON'T ABIDE BY ANY. DON'T WANT TO STONE PEOPLE FOR GETTING DIVORCED? DON'T TAKE AWAY PEOPLES RIGHTS FOR BEING L/G/B/T.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 7, 2014 ---
    When I see someone opening up that they are LGBT, they don't lose any respect, I see them gain lots. It takes alot of courage to do something so simple in this society, and it really isn't right.

8. NHPSR225

NHPSR225 Active Meeper

Personally, I believe there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay. I think that people should be able to live their lives in such a way that they are happy, if that means you have an interest in the same sex of people, then fair enough. People should be able to be with who they want, without others judging them for it.
    Forum Signature Green.png

Skaros123 and Empoleon_master like this.
  9. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

Thank you for liking my stuff. And you're very right about the being stoned part.

RossCoombs likes this.
  10. ZapChance

ZapChance Popular Meeper

I quite personally dislike the idea of gay marriage. The whole idea of it disgusts me, but they can have their rights - I just wish it wasn't legally acknowledged by the federal government that men can be married. Most people that or LGBT are democratic, and support democratic values - values that destroy what premises this country stands on today.

11. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

Something something I don't agree with gay rights so it's obviously wrong!

12. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

I might just be misunderstanding you but they way I'm interpreting this is that you don't like that LGBT have different political beliefs than you.

13. Skaros123

If it's not legally acknowledged by the federal government, then that really defeats the purpose of equal protection under the law...
    Section 1 of the 14th amendment.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

14. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

The US was set up to be a democracy, not a theocracy. To quote the Treaty of Tripoli, a treaty the US signed in 1797, "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion". So I don't know what "values" this country has that it would be destroying.

15. ZapChance

ZapChance Popular Meeper

You misunderstood - I'm referring to the values of conservatives, which, imho, help keep the country running.

16. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

So? They should realize that political decisions shouldn't be guided by religious ones. A lot of people would argue that conservatives keep they country from running as well as it should.

17. Superminecra

Superminecra Celebrity Meeper

I don't really care about Gay people i mean If you're Attracted towards the same sex it's your life do what u want to do.

18. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

Opinion =/= fact.

Erebus45 likes this.
  19. Skaros123

I have to respectfully disagree with that.

However, I will say you should not assume a certain group of people are almost all associate with a political party. Yes, it is a fact that LGBT people tend to be more liberal. I myself would not wish to vote republican until opposition to gay rights is taken off their platform. This doesn't mean I'm against republicans as a whole. There are some that I think would be a viable candidate for presidency. However, I also sure as hell would not vote for someone against my rights. It seems as if, like Erebus said, you're only against people who disagree with you. This is not the mindset you should have when dealing with individual issues. Jump out of the whole political party circle and think of this solely based on your own beliefs.

20. ZapChance

ZapChance Popular Meeper

That is my own beliefs, I'm all for some of the stuff Democrats have gone up for, ex. national healthcare, but they either don't implement the way I think it should, or they implement something that has no uses what so ever, ex. Brown's crazy train in CA. Middle of nowhere to the middle of nowhere, the project has been put on hold, yet we still pay for the upkeep of the tracks with no trains running on it?