1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

Erebus45 likes this.
  2. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

I just looked at your posts. I don't understand how people didn't see you trolling earlier.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 31, 2014, Original Post Date: May 31, 2014 ---
    Christian marriage is not separable (except by annulment). If you seek a civil divorce, you are still married in the eyes of the Church, which means you cannot be married again in Christian faith. (Only civilly, which is obviously not religious).

Also, you are reading the Bible literally, which makes no sense. You can't read a religious text literally, as with many other texts, as you will miss the symbolism and references it is using. Also, I think that might be Old Testament. (Also, show me that part where it says the woman is to be executed, the whole chapter.

Fangdragon1998 and BlackJack like this.
  3. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

Skaros123 likes this.
  4. IHAS

IHAS Popular Meeper

I don't like this comparison. You are comparing a hate group.

If our government passes laws that says LGBT people can't be denied service, they can't.
    If our government passes laws that says KKK members can't be denied service, they can't.

The only difference is that close to no one is fighting for KKK members to be protected like that.

It doesn't matter if you believe in it, if the law says you can't, you can't. And the fact that a majority of this country supports this kind of LGBT law then it will be passed... that is just how it works.

5. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

For Gods sake please don't stereotype all Christians based off this person..

6. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox? Christianity is large.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  7. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

You're right, I did make a mistake about the divorce being punishable by death. Although, that was established over a week ago. Someone, however, already corrected me on this.

Regardless, divorce digresses from the actual topic.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 31, 2014 ---
    My view on the issue still stands. Churches should NOT have to allow same-sex marriage, but they should NOT stop other people from performing same-sex marriages. I agree with a strict separation of church and state.

8. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

Doesn't matter m8. I use that group in particular to show parallels in a situation which is obvious to most people. The fact that they are a hate group helps my cause, because most people don't like them, which helps people see the similarities in the situation.
    I think you mean civil marriage. The Church isn't involved in any way with that. Religious nuts like to think America is a Christian country.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  9. IHAS

IHAS Popular Meeper

That was just a separate opinionated comment with not much to do with the rest of my post :p

scoowby and smeef like this.
  10. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

It doesn't matter, I am merely stating I will be basing my argument off the Bible. For you information, however, I am Orthodox.

11. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

Which one? lol

Mjr_Minor likes this.
  12. Skaros123

Well, people choose to be in the KKK. People don't choose to be a homosexual. I suppose there's a difference here.

But I agree with the second thing you said about religious nuts thinking America is a Christian country. :)

Empoleon_master and smeef like this.
  13. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

I know.

IHAS likes this.
  14. Skaros123

Arguments against same-sex marriage based off the Bible. Here is my response.
    [​IMG]

15. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

I am, by no means, trying to make a law about it because of the Bible. I am simply making a statement to other Christians.
    But yes, I agree, the Bible is not the constitution.

16. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

I think (as a Christian) that gay marriage is not morally right and is not natural, but it should be legal under the law, because the law cannot discriminate between morally right and harmful to people, which gay marriage is not

17. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

In my family, I have many people who are gay; my mom, my god mother, and my cousin. Even one of my friends are gay. The fact that people think they have the right to tell a person they cannot get married because they don't love a person of the opposite sex disgusts me. People should get to love a person based on their own individial thoughts, not by a law.

18. Darren Darcy

Darren Darcy Popular Meeper

lol 14 pages on gay rights

19. scoowby

scoowby Celebrity Meeper

We'll guess what? Discriminating people = Hate which Hate = Sin

Jackl01 and Empoleon_master like this.
  20. Jeffhill1997

Jeffhill1997 Popular Meeper

ugh if you are in any way against homosexuals or find it weird you are one stupid kid.