1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

2. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

Empoleon_master likes this.
  3. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

I personally believe that gay marriage should only be legal in the state, but allowed only in churches that give the "okay" for it. I believe in a strict separation of church in state, but unlike some people, I believe it's not a 1 way rule. Churches should not be forced to host a same-sex marriage, the same way churches should not force people to invalidate same-sex marriage licenses.

As far as civil unions go, it's better than nothing. The mentality that people are beginning to have is "all or nothing", which is why some things never get done in this country. We must be open to compromise if the full deal is not going to happen. If the United States was going to constitutionally ban same-sex marriage, but give all same-sex couples equal rights and simply not call it a "marriage", I'd be fine with that. If the United States was going to constitutionally legalize same-sex marriage, then that's better! But it seems as if civil unions have better luck opening the door to same-sex marriages as a whole than trying to push same-sex marriage right away. In Indiana a few months ago, they tried to constitutionally ban gay marriage. However, the bill was rejected because it also wanted to ban civil unions. Once the banning of civil unions was removed, then the bill passed in the first house. (I think the bill was first voted on in their house of representatives).

4. gooboyshitstevie

gooboyshitstevie Well-Known Meeper

I believe that nothing created us and it was just an accident, you claim homosexual love is messed up? I guess you may be kinda right. HOWEVER, imagine your in a world where 90% of people are gay and they think that you are messed up? Its not their fault and they have a right to stay the way the started out. Don't persecute the homosexuals- leave them be. They never did anything to you...

5. Fangdragon1998

Pointing out, gooboy, that I think his definition of love is more on the basis of ability to reproduce...

6. gooboyshitstevie

gooboyshitstevie Well-Known Meeper

Well sorta, its to find a suitable mate- so yes, it kind of is. BUT, if the brain is wired in a different way, it may seem to be that to find a suitable mate, instead of it being the opposite gender it may be the same. See what im getting at here?

7. Fangdragon1998

I'm just saying, they can't reproduce. Never said it wasn't love, just trying to find what Rusian was saying.

Skaros123 and gooboyshitstevie like this.
  8. TrisDa

TrisDa Popular Meeper

I was thinking the government should have nothing to do with the word "Marriage" not for strait or gays. They would instead use the word life partner. So a the government would have no say who can or cant be "married" just like they have no say on your religious beliefs. So a religious person can support "equal life partnership rights" without feeling that they are going to hell for supporting gay marriage.

also here's another reason to support gay marriage
    youtube]X-YCdcnf_P8 copy past this in browser

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  9. BARNBOY78

BARNBOY78 Celebrity Meeper

I believe that gays have the right to be together or do what ever they want but on the topic of gay marriage I think it should be called something different because marriage is between a man and a woman not a man and man or a woman and woman that's my opinion. ...

10. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Good job

IHAS and Empoleon_master like this.
  11. TrisDa

TrisDa Popular Meeper

Did u copy past it into your browser? Its called gay men will marry your girlfriends

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  12. Skaros123

I can't tell if you're being satirical or if you're just trying to voice your opinion without being direct about it. o_O

13. Skaros123

Lady_Hestia and Empoleon_master like this.
  14. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

15. Empoleon_master

TimtheFireLord and Lady_Hestia like this.
  16. Empoleon_master

I wonder if being perm banned counts as a sin.

Anyway to anyone saying it's a sin you have to realize that the bible considers basically everything a sin. "Thou salt not pisseth against a wall"

17. qawsedrf1835

qawsedrf1835 Guest

[​IMG]
    Did a bit of online stalking
    Found you

18. Empoleon_master

Ok what about lies by omission?
    SUCH AS CANE MARRYING AND HAVING KIDS WITH HIS SISTER!
    --- Double Post Merged, May 31, 2014, Original Post Date: May 31, 2014 ---
    I would photo edit that picture to blure out the bad word in the image. So tou don't get forum banned.

Lady_Hestia and qawsedrf1835 like this.
  19. qawsedrf1835

qawsedrf1835 Guest

Imagine this.
    After WWII, when the Allies found the Nazi concentration camps, and found the horrific scenes, their first thought was to censor the images. But then they thought that the censorship wouldn't portray the horridness of the people who did the actions. Censorship wouldn't make others shame the Nazi's as much

I want people to see how "assholish" some can be.

Cherrykit, Erebus45, IHAS and 3 others like this.
  20. Skaros123

[​IMG]