1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

Whatever you believe in, god, matrix, aliens, evolution, darwin, narhwals, whatever, it made men and women to make our species prosper and survive. Ofcourse there sometimes are errors and mutations, and homosexuality is one of them. It being a "sexuality" is complete nonsense, it is more of a mental disturbance where your will for breeding is dissabled/messed up

2. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Since homosexuality works the same way left handedness works, I'd be fine with calling homosexuality a disorder as long as ambidextrous and left handed people are. But... the top psychiatric agencies in the USA agree that homosexuality should not be "treated as" a mental disorder and should be left alone.

I mean, you're right that it's a mutation. But so are blue eyes, ginger hair, lactose tolerance, (Yes, people are not supposed to be able to drink milk after infancy), and many many more.

3. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

Though you are able to function normally with left handedness, but not with for example autism or some other mental dissorders making you inable to do things or lack things, in this case love for the right gender.

4. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

I don't think that there is anything wrong with gays/lesbians. Why do people hate them? They love each other, and there is nothing wrong with that. It's the way the world works. Yes, it's in the Bible that they are bad, but it's also in the Bible to love one another. The Bible is a very contradictory document (I personally believe in God but not the Bible. And just because I believe in God doesn't mean I like him. Cause I don't.).
    Why is it considered a mental illness??? There is nothing wrong with it!
    It's not a 'fault' in the body. It's love. There is nothing wrong with it at all. I personally accept gays/lesbians, and anything to do with them. I have no problem with them. I have no problem with anything to do with them. People need to stop hating them. It's a way of life.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  5. Skaros123

I don't see what loving the same sex has anything to do with not functioning normally in society...

Empoleon_master and MrTonycat like this.
  6. IHAS

IHAS Popular Meeper

Thought I would share some awesome news.

I got a boyfriend :)

7. Skaros123

Congratulations! If anyone picks on you both, just remember, those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter.

Cherrykit, scoowby, Jackl01 and 3 others like this.
  8. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

Congrats man! Also remember DFTBA to him. : ) (as long a he treats you well.)
    Also *insert five clapping gifs here*

Lady_Hestia, IHAS and Squid53214 like this.
  9. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

Well you don't have the will to reproduce normally

Cascade1324 likes this.
  10. Cascade1324

Cascade1324 Celebrity Meeper

This is unrelated but 2 years ago I was in Paris during the gay pride weekend...

Empoleon_master likes this.
  11. Skaros123

Um, functioning normally in society and reproducing are completely different. There are straight people who don't reproduce because they choose to. Do we put them under a mental disorder?

12. TrisDa

TrisDa Popular Meeper

My cousin is gay and when he told my Mom she tried to convenience him to not be. He was very hurt until we found out why she was so upset. My mother's favorite brother was gay and he died at a young age of AIDS. She was scared that my cousin would also get HIV/AIDS and die like her brother did.

13. Skaros123

It's one reason why routine AIDS tests with one's partner is important. Sorry to hear about that. :(

Cherrykit, TrisDa and Empoleon_master like this.
  14. TrisDa

TrisDa Popular Meeper

A woman told me once that she did not support gay marriage because she believe that the word marriage is for a man and a woman only. She said she had no problems with gays having the same legal rights as long as they did not use the word marriage to describe their bond.
    I don't agree but this got me to thinking Why cant the government just start calling all "marriage" "legal life partners" or something like that. Any two people could get a "legal life partnership" and it give them the same rights as before when it was called Marriage. Marriage would be more of a spiritual, religious and a romantic concept and be personal.

15. IHAS

IHAS Popular Meeper

That is what my current partner thinks.

He believes that marriage should be religious and gays can have something similar. We would have the same rights though.

TrisDa and Empoleon_master like this.
  16. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

I think that they should have rights, but being gay IMO is sort of odd. Do not ask why.
    EDIT: I am not saying it is wrong I just think it is. No angry comments pls.

17. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

Whatever created us created a thing called love to make us reproduce and keep the species alive. In homosexuals love is messed up, thus removing their pull for propper reproduction. This is a handicap. People who chose not to reproduce don't want to reproduce because of money problems or see having a kid as a burden. Homosexuals can't/don't want to reproduce because they love the wrong gender.

18. Mjr_Minor

Mjr_Minor Celebrity Meeper

This is where my first problem comes, not everyone believes in a higher power that created us. Being atheist, I view this premise to be flawed and all therefore all conclusions made from it won't ring true for me. But let's keep going, for the lols.
    Love is love, and is never messed up. It may not conform to how you view love, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.
    Woah woah woah. I don't even see how this is a logical jump to make. You're calling people handicapped for their feelings?
    Doesn't that still fall under not fulfilling the normal 'requirements' for species continuation? There's something wrong with them, too, if they don't want to reproduce 'normally' - at least by your criteria.
    /endanalysis

Cherrykit, Cookies713, TrisDa and 3 others like this.
  19. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaR"Well you don't have the will to reproduce normally"
    I now declare this national forum ignore rusian_pedobear day!
    --- Double Post Merged, May 23, 2014, Original Post Date: May 23, 2014 ---
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg One more gif that I have to edit first to remove some language that would get me forum banned is coming in a few minutes.

Erebus45, scoowby, Squid53214 and 2 others like this.
  20. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Why should people have the right to make their own decisions?
    Blasphemy!