1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Vortex20000's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Vortex20000, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vortex20000

Vortex20000 New Meeper

In Game Name: Vortex20000
    Skype Username: [email protected]
    Teamspeak Username: Vortex20000
    Mic use: Minimal; substantial
    Timezone: GMT +8
    Hours online per weekday: 1-3
    Hours online per weekend: 2-6
    Position Changes:

Cit >> VIP

Introduction:

Heyo, this soldier's name is Jared. I'm currently a homeschooled Singaporean who is hooked on gaming - not just computer gaming. I play board games and card games too. I take online classes from The Potter's School and my mom fills in whatever is left to teach. I learn two languages: English, my primary and most fluent one, and Chinese, in which I can have a decent conversation at a slower speed. I dream of becoming a writer when I grow up, and so far, at the age of twelve, I've published around three good books. They sell on Amazon for Kindle devices. I've actually received my first paycheck valued at... oh... $105 USD? As a side note, Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow fans wil recognize the starting sentence. Look out for what Bean says :)

As for my Minecraft self, I've been engrossed in starting a new YouTube channel. I like the saying, "Aim high, so when you fall short you hit the mark." However noble or stupidly unrealistic it may sound, my goal usually is to aim high. That being said, I always fall short. In the area of experience I can confidently say I've had a lot of it. I've owned several servers and I was a Head-Mod on a network about the size of MeepCraft just until recently. To be honest, I was demoted for biased banning. Just to clarify his point: when I say biased banning, it simply means that bias was showed during the ban. I had complete evidence and I didn't do anything against the rules - just was hopping mad at the guy I banned. While I would say it was an unjust demotion, my position was really up to the admins of the server to decide. Deep down, I can always think it unfair and go on living; it won't kill me.

Mic activity! A major requirement, it seems. Sadly, I have to admit that my mic activity is tightly restricted by my parents. Skype calls on 2nd and 4th Sundays and uncommonly on Saturdays and that's it. I'm in TeamSpeak occasionally, but it's a rare occasion if I participate in chat. Rare, but not non-existant. I'm sorry: I would speak if I could, but that would mean some kind of punishment from my parents I'd rather not trigger.

Why you should be Helper/Mod?

Aside from the fact that I rarely see staff on, and much less see them talking in global chat and doing the dirty work of answering our endless, meaningless questions, honestly, I think having the ability to be able to catch hackers, especially ones that annoy me most, and then punish them appropriately on the spot, would be a great plus to my gameplay and to the gameplay of those around me. I recently came into the possession of a superfast, custom-made computer and Bandicam. These tools allow me to record proofs of hacks effectively at around 60fps.

Helpful - Usually when defaults need help I'll try. Especially in /g chat. I don't feel right helping higher ranks simply because they don't feel comfortable being helped by a VIP.

Loyal - If you check out my YouTube channel you'll see all my recent videos that were taken on servers are on MeepCraft. I don't play any other.

Friendly - I like making friends. The best friends are those who know you well enough that they can critique you accurately without risking provocation. Below were points my friends mentioned.

Weaknesses:

Impulsive. This used to be a major problem for me. As I don't give in to impulses that often now, they get easier and easier to resist. Still, I thought it would be good to list this weakness.

Ego. 99% of the time! I shrug off most insults. However, mention my mother, or any other important point of my life in a bad way, and boy, am I your adversary. If you start falsely accusing me I also am ticked.

Temper. Even in real life, my friends don't want to be around if someone pisses me off. Perhaps to illustrate. When I was 6, another 6-year-old must've taken something of mine, because in anger - if the story my teacher tells is true - I broke one of his ribs in a kick. 'Course, that was 6 years ago, and I'm definitely not like that now - in fact, I don't even remember breaking someone's ribs, but my old teacher still says I did; guess I did.

Pride. I pride myself on being able to do certain things very well, such as PvP, programming, and it also pride myself on my grammatical skills. Having any flaw in one of these that is pointed out naturally is humiliating. Don't try.

Conclusion:

Depending on whether you want a decently qualified 12-year-old be a Helper or not, you've got the gist of my application and a conclusion can be reached. I hope you don't judge me by my age, because I really hate people like that. I can understand that you might think something on this page is a lie (other than cake). Feel free to PM me, in that case, and perhaps we can work it out.

Whatever the result is, I look forward to continuing to play and have fun with the community on MeepCraft! I hope y'all have not had to waste time reading this, so do comment/tell me what I could improve not only for the application but for what's done in-game as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    PAST HERE IS FOR STORYTELLING PURPOSES OR ELABORATION.

Bean uses the introduction, "This soldier's name is Bean." when Andrew "Ender" Wiggin, star of Ender's Game, first takes notice of him. It popped into my mind when I started writing this because right now I'm a fanatic fan of Orson Scott Card, author of the Ender Quintet and Shadow Series.

The story of my bias ban: once upon a time, there lived a happy Head-Mod named Vortex20000. A PvP-logger appeared and Vortex20000 banned him. Demoted.

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  2. _Chef_Carrott_

_Chef_Carrott_ Popular Meeper

Well that was a good app.
    My only problems,

activity- I don't think I have ever seen you ingame

What do you mean by that ^
    ( vip is something you buy with real money)

Helpfulness- Never see you helping out players

Ts- never see you in ts

Forums- Your a new member on the forums, usually you need to be more active on forums; try to get "Well Known Member", or "Active Member" by going on forums and talking to people

Good Luck!

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    Vortex20000 likes this.
  3. Wishingsstar

Wishingsstar Popular Meeper

What chef said ^

And wait... Did you write Enders Game?! Because I am like... Obsessed with that.

4. Vortex20000

Vortex20000 New Meeper

I did not.

To address your concerns:
    I probably am not in ts a lot. Like I said, my mic use is strictly regulated by annoying homosapiens known as parents.
    Puzzling why you don't see me online though. Perhaps I'll speak in /g always :p
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2014, Original Post Date: May 21, 2014 ---
    Expect this to be merged.
    I know what VIP is, silly, I am one.

5. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

Well, your app was sort of odd:

Cit >> VIP
    Minimal; substantial mic use

1. You technically did not apply for helper.
    2. Breaking someones ribs is not something to be proud of.
    3. Staff are always on. (at least a few)
    4. How can you have minimal and substantial mic use? You either use it or you don't.
    5. I am a -1, but good luck!

Vortex20000 likes this.
  6. Vortex20000

Vortex20000 New Meeper

1) I'm not proud. If I recall it was to illustrate and provide an anecdote for my temper.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2014, Original Post Date: May 21, 2014 ---
    2) Perhaps minimally substantial describes it.
    3) I see MrsMegan in the morning and that's it. Occasionally noon-time as well.
    4) I've seen the default rank described as "cit". Assumed that was ok to use.

7. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

Yes, but you are not applying for VIP. It goes like this:
    Citizen>> helper.

In other news I have decided to give you a -.5 instead. Good luck!

Vortex20000 and JaMiiE_Londors like this.
  8. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

You mini-mod on the forums.

Vortex20000 likes this.
  9. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

+/-Kinda Active
    - Not Helpful
    - Not Active on TS or forums
    - You Don't "apply for VIP, These are staff applications, if you don't know that, you should try exploring the forums little more.
    Over all -1 Good Luck

Vortex20000 likes this.
  10. PuckMiner

PuckMiner Celebrity Meeper

I am a -0.5 for now. I think you mistyped in the whole Cit-VIP thing so I won't hold that against you. Judging by your app you seem like an intelligent player and I feel that very soon you would be a great staff member. The few things holding you back are your forums activity (try and post in the Q/A more), TeamSpeak activity, and talking in chat more. Now I don't know if you talk alot in chat because of timezones, but everyone can always improve on that. If you work on these things I would be definitely willing to change to a +1 for your next application.

Vortex20000 likes this.
  11. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

Vortex,
    I think your application was well-written, but your activity, helpfulness, and overall reputation within this community need work. Become more active, help others, and be active! Other than that you are good! -1 for now.
    Good luck! :)

Vortex20000 likes this.
  12. lionblaze25

lionblaze25 Active Meeper

Very good app, but:
    -1 You're still new
    +1 Good app
    +1 Helpful around the server
    -1 Active

Overall, -/+

Good Luck! :)

13. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

Your application was amazing. You have excellent writing skills for a twelve year old. Your timezone is another big positive. We don't have many staff members in Europe. I haven't seen you in game so I can't judge you there.

I think you'd make a good helper.

14. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

+Nice App
    -New to forums
    -I have never seen you in game
    Just out of curiosity, what were the titles of the books you wrote?

15. gooboyshitstevie

gooboyshitstevie Well-Known Meeper

-1 You seem nice and great app however, need to be ingame more...

Lawl Power of the tiger parents :p

Vortex20000 likes this.
  16. emmettz24

emmettz24 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Good app
    Bad Forums activity

17. Raegan1030

Raegan1030 Popular Meeper

Breaking someones ribs is not something to be proud of.

Not active, i've never heard nor seen you ever in-game and out.

You are like a genius for a 12 year old.

Good grammar, has experience, you sort of remind me of a certain.. Melon.

So far i'm a + 0.6

18. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Denied

Vortex20000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.