1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Co-mayors And Recruiters

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fuzzlr, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Crafty_fire

Crafty_fire Popular Meeper

How about /t set builder

Builders can break and build on any plots except ones which you do /plot set locked

It would be really use full when you are trying to hire people to build stuff for your town and you don't want to make them assistant or make it so everyone can build or break on it :D hope this helps
    --- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2014, Original Post Date: May 6, 2014 ---
    And also co head of nations who can do the same thing as the head but not /n delete ( this might be in already I haven't been on in a while so pls don't rage at me)

twomoo1119 likes this.
  2. Skwisher

Skwisher Popular Meeper

+1, Also, maybe also make it that the builders can be part of another town as sometimes, people have to quit their town to do a building job in another town and then rejoin their main town, which can become a hassle especially if the builder has a high rank in their main town.

ShadowNinja and Crafty_fire like this.
  3. Crafty_fire

Good idea it would let builders do their job easily as well as make towns look better
    Maybe even use a small version of world edit to terraform easier cuz it can take hours breaking a skyscraper

Skwisher likes this.
  4. Squid53214

Squid53214 Popular Meeper

I think recruiters should also have the ability to put plots up for sale. What's the point of recruiting a player if you can't give them a place to stay?

5. Crafty_fire

Because if their allowed to put plots up for sale they could put the owners house for sale....

All you have to do is just keep a number of plots for sale and it will be fine

6. Squid53214

Squid53214 Popular Meeper

Maybe they could change it so that recruiters can only put un-owned plots for sale?

7. Crafty_fire

I mean I guess but their called 'recruiters' not estate agents. anyway Towny needs lots of types of profession so they should make a profession that can dig away land (diggers) a profession that recruits (I know recruiters are already added in), estate agents which can put unowned plots fr sale ,and builders which build the houses which the owner sets a certain command to which only let's the builders build on the plots which that certain command is set. Cause whenever I make a town I kinda do all those things which gets slow and irritating and boring.different professions would be EXTREMELY useful for example /t set prof builder or /t set prof digger etc etc
    Now also I wouldn't trust ANY co mayor with /t withdraw its like giving a grenade to a 5 year old its an explosion waiting to happen because if you get mad with the co mayor he wouldn't do /t delete even if he could.on the other hand I know if you let anyone even your most trusted friends have co mayor THEY WILL do /t withdraw at one point or another for their own needs. Pls fuzzlr get rid of the ability for co mayors to do /t withdraw.Or let the mayor decide for example /t perms co-mayor withdraw (off or on)

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  8. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

Thanks, Deinen, this explained it well. The paragraph about the money in the town bank not actually belonging to the co-mayor helped something click for me. :)

There is already a Builder rank which can build on any unowned (I think) plot in a town.

A suggestion to do this was recently accepted, along with one to give Builders the ability to destroy (not just build). I'm not sure if they're completed yet.

Players with town ranks can only be members of that town. It doesn't make sense to allow otherwise and probably wouldn't work with the Towny plugin.

That said, you can do what you're describing (allow certain players to build on certain plots) with town and plot perms. :) They're confusing and a bit limited, but there's a great guide to them here. (Edit: If it's a limited-time project, setting embassy plots for the builder will give you more flexibility. That doesn't work well for ongoing projects, though, unless the builder doesn't mind owning the plots - and you don't mind either.) http://www.meepcraft.com/threads/theeditsons-guide-to-towny-perms.690/

9. tristan107366

tristan107366 Celebrity Meeper

10. blackphantom2216

blackphantom2216 Well-Known Meeper

I personally think that /t withdraw is a good but I'm seeing many negatives about it. Just don't nerf it if there are more complaints just make mayor have a toggle to turn withdraw off.
    +1 by the way I didn't even know I could withdraw :p there's no need for it but if I do I take some from bank then repay later.

11. Daniel Cooper

Daniel Cooper Meeper

What about /t rank set (rank) so that the mayor can actually make there own ranks within their town and can have people with the ability to do /t rank (rank) allow /t kick (name) and stuff like that. Basically just make there own ranked players in the town and be able to change what they can and cant do? just a suggestion this may work with a nation as well but I'm not sure. Another idea is /plot set size 20x20 so you can change the plot sizes.
    Thanks MrDiamondMin3r

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    Squid53214 likes this.
  12. Pyro707

Pyro707 Popular Meeper

That's not a bad idea, ver complicated, but I like it.

13. Daniel Cooper

Daniel Cooper Meeper

Yeah it's hard to explain but basically create your own ranks

14. xbox2002

xbox2002 Meeper

How about a Treasurer?
    They would have to be trusted but they can change the towns taxes and have access to the bank.
    Is that possible?
    Thx for the great serverfuzzlr!

Owen Powell likes this.
  15. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

meh i know i am late here but i think that the command of /t set name (or whatever it is) should be removed from co-mayors

16. MrCreeperCat

MrCreeperCat Popular Meeper

lol nice signature 2004grevous

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  17. Escanor

Escanor Popular Meeper

k thnx

18. Meeploverbalderbuilder

Meeploverbalderbuilder Well-Known Meeper

Same.

Thanks for saying that for me. Couldn't have said it better. I really like the /t rank set thing. Maybe we could do it like /t rank set builder ? Or /t rank set janitor like someone mentioned earlier? Also about the /plot set size 20x20 etc. It would be kinda hard to build the plots or the town (if you use the command) if you understand what I'm talking about? I'm sure that it would be a bit fixing and stuff with that command but I still really like the idea.

What if we added /t change biome (bad idea) so we could just use the command and change the biome of the town? Or if you already had a town and went into wild and found yourself a new place and just did /t set here or something. And if there was a hill, the command would just erase it?

This is probably the worst idea ever but deal with it. AHHHHHHH. :/

19. MrCreeperCat

MrCreeperCat Popular Meeper

I have something to say... I know all this co-mayor trusting and stuff but personally, @Deinen0 has a point.
    i remember playing around wit /t delete and i ended up.. yea.. but overall i really think that /t delete should only be for mayors not for co-mayors. Also, I agree that you should be able to give people ranks like *Head Of Staff, *Cleaner *Enroller and more, and i also think giving them certain commands are good. For Example, I give my friend head of staff, and I go on VACATION, OR Get Banned, altrough if i was them i would keep telling the mayor whats up on the town and the head of staff should be able to do as much as the mayor. THAT WOULD BE #RICHMANSWAGG
    I recommend it.

Have Instagram? Love Meep?
    Then Follow @jerry_the_chicken on instagram!
    Free Meep Giveaways, and V.I.P Apperances :D
    http://instagram.com/jerry_the_chicken
    Aswell, All The Instagram Photos were taken in Meepcraft! GG BRO

Btw, I Am Not Single.
    My Heart Was taken.
    Heres The Song I wrote my babe:

I Love You. @bianazecat
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 1, 2015 ---
    Plz Don't Ban Meh, I Had to do dis

20. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

1. I have no idea why you replied to a literaly 3 year old post.
    2. When you copy an idea, you usually change the name of it. Just because they have different names does not mean they aren't similar.

cnkropp, Natsu, GroovyGrevous and 2 others like this.