1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Like I said before, as long as you don't try and take away legal rights, then your opinion is fine. :) I understand why people believe homosexuality is disgusting.

Lady_Hestia and Mjr_Minor like this.
  2. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

I'm sorry to bring this up but the bible only says that if a man lies with a man they're something something fire and hell...SIN!!!

But it does not say what happens if a woman lies with another woman or if people that do not have binary genders lie with each other.

HOLYCRAP THE BIBLE IS SECRETLY PROMOTING LESBIANISM!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

minepose98 and _Chef_Carrott_ like this.
  3. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

Honestly, if I did agree to take illegal rights, my opinion would still be fine. If your opinion goes against a minority, you should not be singled out, rebuked and kicked in the butt, like so many people are today in are society for standing up against others and standing for what they believe in. I for one, do believe that it is morally degrading to a society and causes Nations to fall.

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  4. Skaros123

Okay, then I really do disagree with discriminating against a minority group. You must never make people conform to your own beliefs, especially on a political level. It is important to vindicate the rights of all faiths to freely exercise their religious practices. That includes religions that allow same-sex marriages. It's one reason why the United States specifically states laws must never be established based on religion. Rights are not to be voted on.

5. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

I see what you're saying but... It sounds like "I don't like gays but I tolerate them because God tells me to". Which isn't really a good thing.

6. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

"Okay, then I really do disagree with discriminating against a minority group." I meant discrimination from a small minority against someone who disagrees with them. And yes, I do agree people rights should not be kept from them.

7. Skaros123

There really is no discrimination from the LGBT community to the rest of the population. So... that really is not a problem.

Cherrykit and Empoleon_master like this.
  8. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

Where are you quoting that from? Never once in my comment did I say that exact quote. You are misunderstanding me and misquoting me. What I meant when I spoke of tolerance, I meant we are taught to tolerate what they do without question. I never once said, "I don't like gays but tolerate them because God tells me to."

Also, if you didn't catch what I was saying before, I hate what Gays and Lesbians do, and I mean this in a sexual way, (sorry for the younger audiences) but I absolutely love them!

9. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

The sentence in quotes is just how I interpreted your comment. I'm sorry if that's not what you meant, but that's what it sounded like.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  10. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

Really? You really believe that?

(I don't mean to ask you in a way that seems offensive :3 )

11. Skaros123

Besides being forced to bake a measly wedding cake, what discrimination do you wish to present to me to make me believe other wise?

Here's one good example on my side...

Religion is protected in a work place nation-wide. In most states, firing someone for being gay is a valid reason.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  12. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

It's fine bro, no obliges needed :D You did nothing wrong, and just misunderstood what I was saying.

"but that's what it sounded like."

I was careful to in my wording, so you understand what I meant. It's a bit hard to understand at first, but read it slowly :D
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2014, Original Post Date: May 14, 2014 ---
    Could we press the pause button on our discussion? I'm in the middle of writing a paper, and really shouldn't be on here or getting distracted for that matter :)

13. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

Awesome! Talk to you then :]

14. _Smarties910_

_Smarties910_ Popular Meeper

Just WOW, Look how Fast A small little thread can start a huge argument.

scoowby likes this.
  15. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

Have you read the bible or are you copy/pasting your opinion from YouTube? ???

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  16. Skaros123

It's not that big of an argument. If you follow through, you'll see if a bunch of small dispute.s No big arguments though.

Jackl01 likes this.
  17. Epicminer200

Epicminer200 Well-Known Meeper

Well peoples just do it
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2014, Original Post Date: May 15, 2014 ---
    People*
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2014 ---
    Depends how gays are gays
    And I'm not becoming it because it's just weird and because it's not what Catholics would do. (Some)

18. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

Please remember that the people on youtube comments are not by any means famous people that you should be quoting.

19. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

You aren't funny or anything if you were thinking that fyi

20. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

Everyone bow down to the logical thinking presented by Epicminer200.

If we could all just meditate on how he delivered his point, we may all become dumber.

Dude, I'm straight and I will be the first one to say that I think some supporters of "gay rights" take it a little too far and want special privileges. That being said, I really can't say its so much of a choice, rather something that is "predetermined" if you are into that type of thing. When you were born you didn't learn to be heterosexual, you just happened to be attracted to the opposite sex, and thankfully for your intolerance towards something besides the social norm, you happened to be "straight". If someone is homosexual they didn't necessarily think; "Hey, I want to be gay, even though I'm attracted to girls, I want to be attracted to men!". We all know it doesn't work like that so please.....

Well actually I really don't have to ask you to leave this thread because you said you won't post anymore.