1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The Return of Gravy

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by LR_Davius, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

Hello all!

As I'm sure all of you know, I was inactive for a short time due to IRL troubles. At the time I wrote my goodbye, I was doubtful I would return, but as they all do, I have. I didn't realize how much I was obsessed with this server until I started living without it. I thank God alone for solving my trials as quickly as he did, and allowing me to resume life as normal. I never really left on the forums, as I thankfully still had the ability to access them during that period.

Now to the application,

IGN: LR_Davius
    Skype username: Davius111
    TeamSpeak username: LR_Davius
    Mic: Yes
    Time-zone: EST
    In-game hours per weekday: 1-3
    In-game hours per weekend: 1-5
    Position change: Citizen to helper.

Since I basically applied a couple weeks ago, I'll try my best to try to keep include new, and different information than what I included in my last application, so this is going to be short and sweet.

Introduction:

Hello, my name is David, however I'm more well known as "Davey", "Gravy", "Davey Gravy", and about a trillion other nick names. In my free time I enjoy mostly athletics, specifically basketball. I also greatly enjoy many video games, Bioshock, Fallout, any Assassin's Creed, and of course, Minecraft. I was introduced to Minecraft by my brother, and soon after I was introduced to MeepCraft. I logged in, and like every noob did, built houses in the wild, and ran into the terrarium by accident with all my valuables. Ever since my first modreq was completed by Carrotshock and Pimpkachu, I was intrigued by the staff positions. The flawless job preformed by Carrotshock, and the follow-up by Pimpkachu created the most wonderful first impression of the server, as I was soon in love with Meep. During my time as a staff member, I tried my best to recreate the same experience that Carrot and Pimp gave to me, to the new new players on the server at that time.

Alright, enough with the irrelevant info.

Why I should be a helper:

There are many reasons I feel qualified to hold the position of helper. For the sake of all of our time, I'll only be focusing on the major reasons.

Reason 1: Previous Acceptance

A couple of weeks ago, I applied for a staff position, and was soon accepted for an interview. However, I was forced to leave for a time due to IRL issues which I won't be going into details about. As I mentioned earlier, by the grace of God I've made a speedy return. So basically, I was accepted not too long ago, forced to leave, and now have returned.

Reason 2: Extensive knowledge of all commands

As of today, I have played on this server for a year. During this time I have mastered almost every towny command, and during my time as a staff member, I mastered all staff commands. I am confident that I am experienced enough to hold the position of helper.

Reason 3: Prior success as a staff member

As soon as I became staff in February, I hit the ground running completing mass amounts of modreqs, and trying my absolute best to meet the needs of the community. I'm going to be completely honest here when I say that during my time as a staff member, I was pretty average. I had many co-staff that were probably some of the best the server has seen. They created a reputation that is almost impossible for me to live up to as a former staff member, and I feel I live in the shadows of their greatness. It was my privilege working with them, and I hope to work together with them again soon. During my time as a staff member I received no demerits, or demotions, and tried my best to make every one of my interactions with the community a positive one. While I was pretty average, I feel that I would be adequate for the rank of helper based of my prior success as a staff member.

Reason 4: Time schedule flexibility

I've said this many times now, but I'll just say it again, my homeschooling gives me unique schedule flexibility. I can access the server in the morning, and ensure that all hours are properly staffed.

Reason 5: (How corny can this get?!?!?) I like helping people

*Gasp!* Yes! I said the no-no word! I'm actually serious. For as long as I can remember, I've absolutely loved assisting people in any way possible. When I have the opportunity, I'll happily sacrifice my own wants for the needs of others less fortunate than me. Nothing makes me more satisfied as a person than seeing someone happy, and I get ecstatic when a person is happy with something that I've done. This satisfaction drives my work, as I do everything I can to create a better gaming experience for others. This is an essential quality for any staff member.

Since I'm tired, and want to write this before I go to bed, I'm going to end it there. :)

Weaknesses:

I see a couple minor flaws in my activity, and personality that I'll address here.

Weakness 1: Maturity

As I specified in my previous application, I like to fool around sometimes. I am often immature and kind of crazy in private situations in which I am with my friends. However, I feel this is a minor issue due to the fact that I am mature in almost every other situation on the server. I like to have fun, but I am mature in situations in which maturity is required.

Weakness 2: TeamSpeak activity

I've honestly never really been active on teamspeak. The time I was most active is when I was listening to CrueltyGaming using a proxy under the IGN: Cooleysworld. It all worked fine and dandy until someone wanted to buy a rank from me. That was kind of awkward. I can easily be as active as I am needed to be, as I am often on skype rather than Teamspeak. I have no problem with TS, I'm just too lazy to actually open it and log in just to be bombarded by the voices of 8 year olds. ;)

Conclusion:

My grandmother when teaching me English and literature always said to me when I was writing an essay, "Tell them what you're going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them."

So basically right now, I'm going to tell you what I told you. Ever since I have first joined the server, I
    have longed to help people, and help the server; and for me, being a staff member was the way to do that, and I am qualified to re-obtain a staff because:

-I was accepted not too long ago
    -My knowledge of commands
    -My previous success at what I did
    -My time schedule flexibility
    -I like *helping* people.

And while I have a few weaknesses, I believe that I would be an overall positive addition to the staff team.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope it helped you get to know me a little better.

Regards,
    -Davius

2. ReadingRockstar

ReadingRockstar Popular Meeper

Fantastic application. You're a great person.

I think you know what my vote is, "bby."

3. j00mad

j00mad Guest

#OldStaffOldMeep.
    Insta-mod dis man!

Theawesomechief and LR_Davius like this.
  4. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Guest

Ploos juan

LR_Davius likes this.
  5. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

I was the one that gave you that alias when we were in staff chat together... D:

Anyway, +1. You're more competent than half the staff.

LR_Davius likes this.
  6. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

+1

LR_Davius likes this.
  7. LR_Davius

It's stuck ever since. <3

8. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Más uno

LR_Davius likes this.
  9. OrganicTurtles

OrganicTurtles Celebrity Meeper

+1 insta- accept dis plz.

LR_Davius likes this.
  10. 2legacybball

2legacybball Celebrity Meeper

Lives in Florida, homeschools, obviously this means he's smart, like me! So +1 for davey Gravey

LR_Davius likes this.
  11. DeathBunny55

DeathBunny55 Popular Meeper

Great app, you were an outstanding staff member on old meep. +1 all the way.

LR_Davius likes this.
  12. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

+123456789.

LR_Davius likes this.
  13. Fizzy

Fizzy Popular Meeper

+1
    I would like to see you making German comments with the title of "Helper/Mod" by your name lol.

LR_Davius likes this.
  14. Gh05t

Gh05t Popular Meeper

+1. Nice app, good person ingame, very qualified.

LR_Davius likes this.
  15. Theawesomechief

Theawesomechief Popular Meeper

+1 I LOVE this app. It's very well organized so you can read certain parts that are important, You get all of your points across pretty well, and You apparently have everything a helper should have. The one problem is how long you can be online. I mean, 1-10 range? Lolno. I'm guessing that is per day. so that would be good if it's in that way. Plus, you help a lot IG. +1 overall.

LR_Davius likes this.
  16. thebpupwolf

thebpupwolf Active Meeper

Easy +1, you're one of those people who should skip the Helper phase and be promoted straight to mod.

After all, you are secwetly a woooman ;)

LR_Davius and ReadingRockstar like this.
  17. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

-1 because I cant.

(+1)

LR_Davius likes this.
  18. j00mad

j00mad Guest

Copier.
    But you used can't.

LR_Davius likes this.
  19. LR_Davius

I way I did the time online was hours per day.
    <3

thebpupwolf likes this.
  20. HagenVoigt

HagenVoigt Active Meeper

Sie verdienen es, Davey.

LR_Davius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.