1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

After reading this thread I had one thought: are you kidding me? Religion still controls the world, if you read something out of a book and DEGRADE people because of something written a long time ago, IMO you're the sick one for hurting those people. Nothing in the world is perfect, so that doesn't mean you have to tell people they're worthless to make yourself feel better. And I can guarantee you that someone in Meep are gay/bi/lesbian and you don't know, and because of that one little thing, you'll instantly cut contact with them (most people) please just accept one another for who they are as a person.

I can see that a lot of people here are Americans and it makes me sad that they are all divided on what's right/wrong. Not to sound stuck up but I think that this is something small that we as a community can work on. I know in Australia and my School, gays are very well accepted and if you're caught bullying someone that is gay, you're going to be the one kicked in the head (it happened before).

I can tell some people are going to look at this thread who are gay and feel pretty crappy about themselves because of a hand full of people. And as terrible it is to say as Staff, but I lost a lot of respect for people on this thread. Please make decisions for yourself that wasn't influenced by God.

Cherrykit, DeathBunny55, IHAS and 4 others like this.
  2. Gnissen

Gnissen Popular Meeper

For one why are we calling gay people "them"or "Gays". That is un-natural. Secondly I see no problem with gay people, they like the same gender, so what. Let them do what they want to do to. There is no difference between a homosexual and a stright person aside from them liking the same gender. I have no problem with them as long as they don't hit on me or anything like that. They are human beings and god loves all. it's like people treat them how they treated black people along time ago. They are no different.

I have a gay friend, he is an awesome kid you would never tell he was gay. I hang out with him a lot at school and the fact that he is gay dose not bug me at all. but my point is everyone is equal and I don't see the point in wasting time to let homosexuals/lesbians not have rights, THAT is un-natural.

3. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

Can you like

Leave

4. Nara_Visa

Nara_Visa Celebrity Meeper

If you live your life by your religion it would be hard to go against what you believe in.

5. SenorSparklz

SenorSparklz Popular Meeper

I apologize for any repeating, I read no part of this other than part of the first page. I have some things to point out.

Let me begin by saying, if you hate/dislike members of the LGBT community and it isn't for religious reasons you need to reconsider how you are acting. I will address religious clashing a little bit later.

Here is a short story I read online, some of you may of heard of it.

" I went to subway today to get my favorite sandwich. The man in front of me ordered a different sub. I got really pissed because he didn't get the same thing as me, even though it didn't affect me in any way."

Why does it matter how other people choose to live their lives when it affects you at a bare minimum? Grow up and deal with things you don't enjoy in life, because there are going to be a lot of them.

If your problem with LGBT people stems from personal morals due to your religion, I have some words.

People say that in the Bible, it is said that there is to be a man and a woman. The Bible also states that you cannot divorce, but look what we've done. Divorcing is now common among the human population, even devote Bible-believers. Should we then seek punishment for those who are divorced? As well, in the Bible it is clearly stated that "God loves all his children." Is that forgotten? Do we pick and choose what parts of our religion to listen to? As the great Mack-le-moar once said, "Whatever God you believe in, we come from the same one." We fight and argue about religion and race now at a time where we are past racial segregation. This is no different, I believe in equal rights for EVERY human. Accepting each other is the first step to peace and love, or the human race will eventually destroy itself.
    [​IMG]

6. Nara_Visa

I'm willing to bet on the human race destroying itself.

7. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

You're right about the anatomies part. It is true that heterosexuality is key to procreation. However, to make matters short, being gay is just how someone is born. It's determined a birth. It's also shown that gay people can't just "change' their sexual orientation. It's best to let people live their lives and be who they are.

You have your right to not fully accept LGBT people. Just be mindful about what it actually means to be gay.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 8, 2014, Original Post Date: May 8, 2014 ---
    Nukes. the answer is nukes!

8. SenorSparklz

SenorSparklz Popular Meeper

as am I, we've delved too far into the path of destruction.

9. Nara_Visa

Just as long as I'm already dead.

TimtheFireLord and Gnissen like this.
  10. Gnissen

Gnissen Popular Meeper

you are very very very wrong. it dose not matter what you think should be right, it's not your choice for that. what is un-natural? what is natural? dose it matter, no. we live and we die, but nothing is natural or un natural, it's there. also a lot of parts of the bible have been changed, you can't believe everything in life even if it's from the bible. everything has a purpose and nothing is natural or un natural.

that is that.
    you are wise O' great one.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  11. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

How is it wrong? Why can't I say "Being Christian is WRONG. Just, why the hell do you believe is some random-all powerful god?" Seriously, I agree with the part that you said you accept them.

12. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

If we are gonna start taking the bible seriously then anyone who gets a divorce or cheats on their husband needs to be stoned to death so if we are gonna take that part serious then lets take the rest

13. Nara_Visa

I'm a bit blurry since its been a while since I finished the bible but aren't they forgiven cause of the whole crucification thing?

14. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

Nope if you read a different post can't remember who bye but it gives you loads of examples that totally turn the bible on its head
    (Also I was raised in a religious household so I have read the bible quite a few times)

15. Nara_Visa

I was also raised in a religious household and I could care less for the bible.

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  16. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

Yup I am not religious in anyway anymore

Cherrykit and TimtheFireLord like this.
  17. Gnissen

Gnissen Popular Meeper

must of been another person.. Whoops..

Uiopy1 likes this.
  18. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

If you don't believe in God, then there's nothing I could do over the internet to convince you.

_Chef_Carrott_ likes this.
  19. PurpleStorm1234

PurpleStorm1234 Popular Meeper

<3 awesome.

20. Alien_Venom

Alien_Venom Popular Meeper Elder

LIVIN LA VIDA LOCA