1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application: ReadingRockstar

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by ReadingRockstar, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReadingRockstar

ReadingRockstar Popular Meeper

In Game Name:ReadingRockstar
    Skype Username:
    natedogg3213
    Teamspeak Username:
    ReadingRockstar
    Mic use:
    Yes, I have a mic.
    Timezone:
    Central Standard Time (UTC-6:00)
    Hours online per weekday:
    4 or more per day; I have school coming up which will dock this.
    Hours online per weekend:
    5 or more per day.
    Position Changes:
    Citizen to Helper

Introduction:
    Greetings MeepCraft players! I am here today to apply for the position of Helper. Let me take the time to properly introduce myself out of game. I am Naythen, a thirteen year old boy who loves being involved in intellectual activities, such as Gifted and Talented, FIRST Lego Robotics, OAAC Quizbowl Competitions, etc. I enjoy reading intriguing novels about miscellaneous topics in my other free time. My free time other than this is dedicated to Minecraft, MeepCraft specifically.

I have playing MeepCraft since about November 17, 2012. Over the course of these 7 months, I have successfully been accepted for staff on two different occasions. The first time was in April, right before MeepNetworks came into play. I performed at a slightly above average level, completing over double the quota of modreqs/day at that time. I was then demoted and asked to reapply after the merge. I did apply, and was again, accepted. The interview was very smooth, but my potential was cut short by my demotion due to minor reasons. I then quit the server, and flocked back to this new MeepCraft now, which I have come to appreciate and merge with this newer mixture of community.

Why you should be Helper/Mod/Supermod ?

I apostolate that I become staff for a plethora of reasons, which I have separated into several different categories:

Performance

As a staff member, I insist on three things when assisting or moderating: efficiency, quality, and attitude. I always try to the best of my ability to maintain a steady efficiency and get things done. If things are not done within a reasonable time frame, players become unhappy and upset. This is decreasing their enjoyment of the MeepCraft playing experience, and, as staff, I believe we must always try to improve the players’ experience, not worsen it. As for quality, I am close to a perfectionist, and I persist to make things perfect so that I am able to impress others. During modreqs, I attempt to formulate elaborate, yet understandable solutions, so that the player is completely satisfied and does not feel the need to create another modreq about that specific situation. To wrap this section up, I emphasize attitude in any staff position. You must always be optimistic about moderation, regardless of the situation. I once had to deal with a ten year old over the course of about 5 days, because we played tag, and he would log out before I could confront him about his crime committed. Through and through, I managed to keep a positive attitude around both the player in question, and the victim.

Justification

I have previously accentuated that it is an essential for the applicant to justify to the staff members why they should choose them, rather than any other player. The reasons I should be preferred over some other players are of the abundant variety. First, I am extremely analytical. I am able to piece out and critique things in a rather particular way. Equipped with this quality, I am capable of monitoring chat, and I can create advanced suggestions to better the server. Second, I am mature and have the ability of resisting the temptation of caving in under pressure. In my previous experience as a staff member, I was forced to ban and spam clean several people. I was very nervous, as an Administrator was asking me, just a mere TrialMod, to do a SuperMod/Moderator’s job. I overcame my anxiety and successfully performed the job at hand. Lastly, I am compassionate. I manifest feelings for people that I have never met, and I legitimately care about their well being and status as a person outside of this virtual world of the internet. Prevention of the hurt of feelings is a result of this and provides the player with the satisfaction of knowing that I firmly care about them and my quest to help them.

To completely conclude my, “Why?” portion of this application, I contain knowledge pertaining to anything Towny, reaching to even the difficult-to-understand permission system, that so often emerges in mod requests. However, my brain cannot handle everything, and all of the knowledge I cannot maintain, I know where to find and can access at ease.

Weaknesses: There are several minor weaknesses I feel are necessary to share with you:

1. Slightly Indecisive

I have issues with going with my first feeling and second guessing myself. I tend to jumble my ideas on what I should do around like ping pong in my head, back and forth, thinking of the pros and cons of each decision.

2. Outspokenness

I am very blunt and able to convey myself in a way that may sometimes come off as brash and harsh. I attempt to hold my tongue, but at times, am unsuccessful. This is a rarity, but it still happens occasionally.

3. Grudges

I am known to take many things too seriously. When this happens, I always hold this slight grudge at the other person that prevents my interaction with the counterpart.

Taking all of these weaknesses into consideration, I will try my hardest to improve these things in every aspect, accepted or not. These are things that I will easily fix, and hopefully completely diminish over time; yet again, there will always be room for improvement.

Conclusion:
    In complete and total conclusion, I feel that I am:

· Aware - I pay attention to detail and analyze the facts.

· A Hard Worker - I strive at my work, it is my passion.

· Compassionate - I care for everyone, wanting to make their experience better, regardless of how mine goes.

· Efficient –I work in a hasty manner, getting everything that needs to be done, done correctly.

With these qualities by my side, I believe I can fill the shoes of at least a Helper, and maybe later on progress and use these in a more useful way, as a higher ranked staff member would. Thanks for reading my application, I hope you enjoyed it, and support me in my endeavor to become part of this staff system that I believe I can participate in effectively.

2. SenorSparklz

SenorSparklz Popular Meeper

[​IMG]
    Plus one.

LR_Davius and ReadingRockstar like this.
  3. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

I didn't read it.
    +1

Please don't deny this again for honestly, some bull**** thing about another server.

Thanks!

thebpupwolf and ReadingRockstar like this.
  4. DeathBunny55

DeathBunny55 Popular Meeper

Hi there Reading! So glad you applied, I was mad when your last app got denied. Your app was AMAZING, you went into detail on your weaknesses which is great. Something that I personally love was your word choice, that always makes me feel good lol. Beyond the app, you're active and helpful in shout and a past staff member. +100000.

ReadingRockstar likes this.
  5. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

You should start helping out more, but I'm still for a +Juan.

6. bass_flow

bass_flow Celebrity Meeper

+1 sounds like you know what your doing and btw what were those reasons u were demoted for?

7. ReadingRockstar

It was a misunderstanding pertaining to another server.

8. awesomesauce300

awesomesauce300 Popular Meeper

+uno: Reading is resposable.

9. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

-(-1) Reading you're smart you should get that

10. bass_flow

bass_flow Celebrity Meeper

oh ok

11. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

[​IMG]

+1; I talk to you almost everyday, and my unbiased self tells me that you will achieve excellence in staff. I believe you will help straighten out some of the disputes amongst the staff.

12. TheJohnseyClutch

TheJohnseyClutch Popular Meeper

I know you got denied basically right when we launched.

I am very glad you reapplied, because this app and the last app were amazing.
    Your pretty active; your nice; your responsible; your mature; and so much more

+we need a rockstar in staff

LR_Davius and ReadingRockstar like this.
  13. Danielrulesman

Danielrulesman Popular Meeper

Reading is a very smart and responsible kid. He knows a lot about the server and would be a great addition to the staff +Adin

14. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

Reading mothertrucking Rockstar, the human dictionary. Glad you applied.

Wow, effort in this app. It's clearly there. You had good content, good material, and an overall nice stance on the way you would be a good staff member. I like how you broke down your why into the two sections of Justification and Performance, two things that I think you are more than capable in. You're mature, and you've always stood up for what you believe is right. Keep it up. +1

15. ReadingRockstar

Thank you all for your feedback!

DancingCactus likes this.
  16. j00mad

j00mad Guest

+1
    RR
    Long application.
    Foeum activity.
    I see you online.