1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Nasapc123 - SuperMod Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by nasapc123, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

IGN: Nasapc123
    TeamSpeak: Nasapc123
    Timezone: AEST - +10
    Average hours per week: 15
    Average hours per weekend: 10
    Application: Mod -> SuperMod

1. Introduction:
    Hello all, I am Nasapc123 and have been a part of the Meep community since January 21st 2013. I Initially joined the server with my brother, with whom I joined a small town named ‘Gallifrey’ I believe, and played many hours on the parkour course. I am in my year 12 year balancing a part time job, school, study and meep, the last of which I enjoy immensely. I have played the game Minecraft since early Beta stages, however only discovered the enjoyment of multiplayer mod towards the end of 2012. I am a supervisor at my work which involves management, training and evaluation of employees, an experience which I have applied through the form of my Staff Team involvement in the final months of MeepNetworks. I truly enjoy helping the members of the community and do so on a day to day basis in my present role as Moderator, however I believe I could more readily assist through a promotion to SuperMod. I am an extremely dedicated and loyal member of the team, aspiring for the greatest possible experience for the Meep community.

2. Reasons and justification for my application
    I am filing this application to request a promotion from moderator to Supermod, due to the lengths to which I believe I could assist the community through this. I applied for helper on MeepNetworks, and was accepted, where I went on to become Moderator after a week. It was observed that my intentions were always for the benefit of the community, ensuring I was assisting to the best of my abilities at all times. Another quality I believe renders me a viable applicant is my dedication to time. I always strive to ensure issues are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible; I endeavour for minimum wait time for those requiring assistance through modrequests, along with ensuring feedback and larger issues are always communicated upward to the Admin team as soon as is applicable. I understand that players do not wish to be kept waiting and always ensure I cease my current task on the submission of a modrequest, to ensure this minimum wait time. I feel this is reflected due to my lack of personal gain in these opening weeks of the revised MeepCraft, I have gained only 20K meebles in this time, and the items I own have been majorly the donations of others.

My role as a supervisor at my part-time job has allowed me to witness and handle a variety of situations, many pertaining to the daily life of a moderator on Meep. I know how to maintain a calm demeanour in the face of stress, enabling me to make fair, unbiased decisions akin with server rules, as opposed to rash, heat-of-the-moment decisions generating resultant stress for both staff and the community. Furthermore, I am adept at taking criticism. I always ensure to react positively and constructively, believing in utilising this to better myself as a moderator, as opposed to reacting harshly to those providing such important feedback. I am in no way perfect and strive to achieve as close to this as I can, believing observations made both inside and outside the staff team of my actions are of equal importance.

Whilst I am aware many of you will feel you have not seen me in game much, This is due to my involvement outside of many of your timezones. However whilst this makes it difficult to get to know many members of the server I am online when 90% of the Staff are offline, and I believe this enables me to further assist the community. Without the presence of any Admins or SuperMods I feel I would be a worthy addition to this rank, through my involvement in this off-peak time zone, along with my experience with many of many relevant commands through my previous history with access to them.

Whilst I feel there are many positives I would be able to bring to the role of SuperMod, as any other player I am imperfect, and always seeking to improve. I often require others to back up decisions I make, growing cautious and worrying my judgement is not aligned with the best for the server, something I wish to improve on, especially as a member of the SuperMod team. Sometimes I also feel I am disconnected from many players both to my timezone, along with involvement in the General Discussions forum. This is also something I will attempt to improve on, as I believe positive player-staff relations are enabled through such a communication method.

3. Conclusion
    Due to my experience on both Meep and my Supervisory role, I feel I have the skills and requirements to become a member of the SuperMod team. I have had much experience and coaching from various members of the present and past staff teams, skills with which I utilise and hope to continue bringing to the role through a promotion to the next level. I desire to assist the community to the best of my ability, and ensure I resolve issues as quickly as they crop up. Through this I believe I would be a viable addition to the SuperMod team, and hope you will consider my application

Thankyou all for taking the time to read this, and provide any constructive feedback you feel necessary for me to improve on.

Sjoeppappentrap likes this.
  2. RossCoombs

RossCoombs Popular Meeper

+1 Mr nasa.
    You're a great staff member, and have really put effort into your staff role. You're always dealing with situations, other times you're doing modreqs. I feel you, as a SuperMod, would make the team that bit better. We need more SuperMods, more people who can ban. You being in a different timezone makes it better as I guess sometimes there are no mods/supermods on.

Anyway yeah. +1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

nasapc123 likes this.
  3. Sjoeppappentrap

Sjoeppappentrap Sjoeppappentrap Elder

+1 You're one of my favourite staff members! Actually the best that is online in my timezone! Definetely a plus for me!

nasapc123 likes this.
  4. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

Welp, it's about time the issue was brought to the table. The promotion (or not) of nasapc123. Let's get started, shall we?

Your application. Wow, the points you made. You stressed your experience irl relating to your in game work, your community care and involvement, your ability to communicate despite lack of communication to yourself, and your overall efficiency. You are the other time zone guy, the only one who actually does anything in the later hours, which you stressed as well. Overall, if just by the app, I'm a +.75. I didn't feel you stressed enough on what you bring to the table as a Supermod.

Your in game work. My, my, my. Well, let's just say heaps of nonexistent issues don't exist thanks to your work. Your absolute dedication to the job, and the fact that your work is for the community, not the maintenance of your position, is a quality few and far between among staff. You can be counted on to say what you believe is right and hold your peace. I really like that. On your staff work, it's a +2.

Having the privilege to train you and get you involved in staff is one I will never regret.

Keep it up brotha, you know how we do.

+1 (or 1.75?)

nasapc123 likes this.
  5. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

Thanks for the replies guys :) I do agree with tour feedback squirrel after re-reading with this thought in mind. Thank you for this feedback!

6. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

+1
    Best staffs out there.

nasapc123 likes this.
  7. CaptaineAli

CaptaineAli Popular Meeper

You were always one of my favourites and I love working with you, Couldn't have asked for someone better to share the same timezone with. +1 my Australian buddy!

nasapc123 likes this.
  8. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

Thanks Ali, love working with you too! grats on Mod, btw!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys :)

Sjoeppappentrap and CaptaineAli like this.
  9. ShadowWovle

ShadowWovle Active Meeper

1+ Hes good at his job and he is one of my favorite staff

nasapc123 likes this.
  10. Danielrulesman

Danielrulesman Popular Meeper

+1, you're a really great person and an even better staff member.

nasapc123 likes this.
  11. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

You are a great staff member and very easy to work with.
    +10000!
    Go Australians @CaptaineAli @nasapc123

CaptaineAli and nasapc123 like this.
  12. chirp1234

chirp1234 Celebrity Meeper

#Insta-accept.

+1:D

13. Sirrr_Pig

Sirrr_Pig Bacon

Ever since the restart of MeepCraft you have done amazing work, you are always mature and reliable, definite +100

nasapc123 and Sjoeppappentrap like this.
  14. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Nasa, I have one question. Why AREN'T you a SuperMod? You really deserve this position. You've been nothing but help. Your effort on permission nodes, catching rule breakers, your general attitude, it all amazes me. You are also online when many people aren't, which would be VERY beneficial taking into consideration your superb work ethic. Ever since the restart, I have seen you working non-stop to help build this server up to what it is now. Regardless, I'm for a +9,001!

Sjoeppappentrap and nasapc123 like this.
  15. TomWat123

TomWat123 Well-Known Meeper

+1 Good mod, quick at typing, friendly, can sort things out.

#Nasforsoupmod

nasapc123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.