1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Guide for Buying Ranks from Other Players

Discussion in 'Unofficial Guides' started by thebpupwolf, Jul 29, 2013.

1. thebpupwolf

thebpupwolf Active Meeper

Seeing as how CRS (Certified Rank Sellers) have been removed, before you buy a rank from someone else, do your homework.

1. Check what rank they are. If you're buying Exclusive from someone who's just a citizen or even just VIP, then chances are that they have no intention of buying you your rank. In general, always try to buy ranks who are equal to the rank you're buying or higher. And don't just take their word for it -- ask them to prove what rank they are. Don't make the transaction with them if the refuse to prove it.

2. Check what date they joined by using /res <name> in the towns world. If they joined a week ago, then chances are that they wouldn't be selling ranks to other players.

3. Check how much money they have, again with /res. If they have 0.00 meebles or close to that amount, then do not buy the rank from them.

4. If you are on the fence about a rank seller, then feel free to ask the community in /shout if they are reliable. If you are on the fence about whether or not someone is legit, then walk away from the deal. Better be safe than sorry.

5. Screenshot everything. Remember, it's better to have too many screenshots than not enough. Make sure to screenshot the both of you agreeing to the deal and you paying him. If you don't have at least those screenshots, then you will not get a refund and the scammer will not be banned. Hopefully, however, if you follow steps 1-4 then the screenies won't be needed.

If you follow these steps, then you will soon have your rank, and the scammer will be left to sulk in the corner.

Lady_Hestia, shains, Jackl01 and 4 others like this.
  2. j00mad

j00mad Guest

Good guide.
    It's helpful.
    But some people don't go on the forums.

thebpupwolf likes this.
  3. Will_1688

Will_1688 Meeper

A great guide to start with! However for step #5, I would just recommend that you use Fraps to video record the whole transaction. Considering a video provides greater evidence than screenshots in a more "continuous" format.

thebpupwolf likes this.
  4. Theawesomechief

Theawesomechief Popular Meeper

TAC approved. This guide is a good way to prevent scamming and to choose the right seller before you buy. Lovely and useful guide!

thebpupwolf likes this.
  5. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

I personally have considered buying someone Prem ----> exclusive even though I am premium xD but, that aside, I love the points you've made, maybe we can cut down on scams now

thebpupwolf likes this.
  6. SJP

SJP spicy jalapeno pepper Elder

If a staff member is available and you ask politely, I'm sure you can ask one of them to middle man your trade.

Make a modreq about it or /shout it asking for one of them to hold your money for the trade.They should message the seller that they'll be trading the money after the rank is confirmed to be bought.

This is probably the easiest way to not get scammed. If the rank isn't purchased then the meebles will be sent back to you.
    The only way to mess this up is to send the meebles to the wrong person.

MRangeM and thebpupwolf like this.
  7. MRangeM

MRangeM Well-Known Meeper

When I get an account I will be doing a MM service.

thebpupwolf likes this.
  8. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

We should bring back Certified Rank Sellers again.. it was the best thing to have on here.. it stopped alot of scammers.

(I will be selling ranks again in the future )

thebpupwolf likes this.
  9. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

no. I for one, hated having CRSes because a) if someone just wants to sell a rank to a friend, but no one else, they have to get certified, which is a pretty annoying process from what i heard , and b) many just dont apply because they dont want everyone spamming them.

thebpupwolf likes this.
  10. Deadly panda

Deadly panda Meeper

I am just here to see what he was on about hoping that he had a good deal for something..................

[​IMG] This is what happens when you meet a sudowoodo

thebpupwolf likes this.
  11. sterfry20

sterfry20 Well-Known Meeper

Covers all things about what rank sellers should be right but I do agree with the person up top, some people dont use forums unless they have to, I used to not use them to often.

thebpupwolf likes this.
  12. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

But without it, more people can sell ranks, and thus, Meep gets more donations. :D

Fangdragon1998 and thebpupwolf like this.
  13. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

I almost got scammed by Gepadat's alt... And Onis said he was reliable