1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

FlaccidNoodle's Promotion Application :)

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by FlaccidNoodle, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlaccidNoodle

FlaccidNoodle Popular Meeper

IGN: FlaccidNoodle
    TeamSpeak: FlaccidNoodle
    Timezone: CT
    Hours online (Weekday): 50
    Hours online (Weekend): 10
    Position change: Helper to Moderator

Introduction: Hello Meepsters, Its FlaccidsNoodle's time to to apply for promotion from Helper to Moderator. Im sure alot have seen me in game and alot on TS. Its a known fact this guy is a Meepcraft addict. I am a stay at home father of 3 children ages 7, 3, and 20 month old. Being a parent since the age of 21 and a single father for the first 2 years of that, I had to grow up and mature faster then those of my peers. I recently became a military Veteran and have been a stay at home father to allow me the time to grow closer to my children due the stress and separation the military applied to my family. Once my children return to school from their summer break, I plan on reenlisting in the Military as a Army Reserve and also returning back to school myself. I am going for my Criminal Justice degree. In my free time I find myself doing 1 of 3 things. Those things are playing Meepcraft, working on my cars, and mostly playing with my children and being a father.

Why: I have been a dedicated Meepcraft supporter for over a year now. I have experienced 2 Meepcraft revolutions, watched alot of staff and members come and go, and been a prior staff member myself. I completed my trialmod phase and was a Moderator during the original meepcraft era. Like many, my position didn't not carry over.
    I am a FIRM believer in QUALITY over QUANTITY. I make it my point to make sure that every experience a Meepcraft citizen has with me during a Modreq or any time at that, is a friendly and positive one. Leadership and responsibility is nothing new to me, nor a quality that I lack. I realize as a Meepcraft staff member, I am the backbone of the server and that is a responsibility I enjoy having. I never used or will use my position obtained as a staff member for profit or personal wealth. I am fair and impartial when recommending both rewards and punishment.

Weaknesses: I would say my only weakness is that my weekend play time is not as much as I would like it to be. I feel I cant help contribute to the staff as much as it needs help with during the weekends. But we all have some sort of responsibilities outside of Minecraft.

Conclusion: I absolutely 100% support our server and love what we have here. I want to be able to help out the community grow and have a good experience while playing with others. As a moderator, I would be able to offer more help to others then I could has a helper. I have already experienced the role as a moderator and the responsibility that role comes with. So I feel it would be an extremely easy and a smooth transition for me and those I work with. I hope I can become part of the official staff family and earn the respect of my fellow staff members. Like always, I encourage to whom it may concern to ask the community about me and how I interact with them. I assure you it will be nothing but positive feedback which is something that is earned and not given. I enjoy helping other and hope to continue to offer my help to the community.

Thanks for taking the time to review my application! :)
    Cheers!
    FlaccidNoodle

savvvy420 and Nager2012 like this.
  2. ubersp00n

ubersp00n Popular Meeper

+0
    -Not seen you IG that often

3. FlaccidNoodle

I bet my wife would disagree with you on that hahaha

4. FlaccidNoodle

I will be reserve :) 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year ..plenty of time ha
    Who did I/we lure?

5. FlaccidNoodle

I am pretty quick at typing however I am usually busy handling other situations. I feel i am extremely active, more then I should be at some times but its so hard to stay away :) And with all the staff online most the time, it only takes 1 staff member to kick a person. Food for thought :)

Also keep the comments coming. Its helpful for me to know what others consider a weakness for me:)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  6. shains

shains never stop fighting

Oh alright. +1 then!

savvvy420 and FlaccidNoodle like this.
  7. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

-1, you were a past duper, and you are not fit for even helper, as I seen in daftcoolmaxx post.

8. jmchugh2014

jmchugh2014 Popular Meeper

-1, do to your duping on MN, and your immaturity on teamspeak.

Dart_Knight and thebpupwolf like this.
  9. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

I don't like the way you act with Helper at all, in game. I don't see you helping in shout, which means when you are on, you must be doing modreqs. I wasn't with your promotion in the start, and I'm still against it now. I honestly suggest trying to get the duping reputation off your back before you try to apply for a position in which you catch dupers... and I don't trust dupers. Also, you could have put a lot more effort in the Weaknesses section, because you and I both know that your only weakness is bad activity.

Dart_Knight and thebpupwolf like this.
  10. Nara_Visa

Nara_Visa Celebrity Meeper

I Agree 100% with this.
    So -1.

11. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

Good to see you apply Flaccid! Let's get started.

First, your app. It was a little below average in terms of length, and in terms of content, you had some good things to say. However, overall, other than the piece about quality over quantity, not much was there. Next, your in game activity. Your modreq activity is average - below average, but you're never in ./shout getting involved with the community. Your forum activity is lacking as well, and in addition, your teamspeak activity is tainted by cases of cursing and inappropriate language in front of younger children. In addition, I've seen you not work well, and act well with other staff members. You were caught duping previously, and I cannot frankly trust you as a staff member. -1.

thebpupwolf likes this.
  12. savvvy420

savvvy420 Popular Meeper

I like you application, it was very well written. And as for the comments about your modreq numbers, in the first two days you had 100. And as for the duping, this is MeepCraft, That was MeepNetworks. If we were going by what people did there, then I would have to say there would be a few people that are staff that shouldn't be. Also I have heard plenty of people be immature on TeamSpeak while I am on, its called having fun. It's not like its ever been out of line, and always been in the adult content section. If we cant have fun while playing a game then, I don't wanna be apart of that. And I also agree with you about the quality over quantity. If people are pre-typing in the next /claim and when it comes up. they get it faster then anyone can type anything, or re-opening a modreq that someone has already had claimed. I don't see why the modreq have become a race, or to see who is better. I always /check before I /claim, that way I don't take one that I can't handle. We are a team and this isn't a competition on who can get the most modreq. I do believe that you will make an excellent mod, if you are offered the position. I know that I'm flaccid's friend, and everyone might think that I'm biased, but if I felt he was unfit for the position I would say so, that is the type of person that I am. If I have an issue I wont go behind your back, I will tell you directly, and I do this especially if it someone I'm close to. I want to see them better themselves, it's constructive criticism. Now going back to the duping accusations, if he contacted a staff member, and followed the direct orders of what they said, which was to keep the plot claimed, so no one could exploit the glitch, then he did what he was told to do, he was also given a staff position after this. And I don't see why you are all saying this is duping, if it was anything it was exploiting. And yes I seen the screenshots, I was one who pushed to have him unbanned. I mean if we wanna get into it, his first 2 ban appeals were just locked and denied with no comments. Flaccid is a mature, respectful player, and he has been a great helper. I am for a +1 for an interview!!!

Nager2012 likes this.
  13. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

I agree with The_Squirrelman. Unfortanatley, my vote is a -1.

14. savvvy420

savvvy420 Popular Meeper

Bad activity? I don't understand. Are you meaning he isn't online a lot. Cuz he is on almost every time I'm on, and I'm on a lot. lol i know, I have no life. :D He is a stay at home dad, so you can't fault him for being offline to tend to his kids.

nhjed likes this.
  15. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

Hey savvvy, loves the comment, but felt a need to address this.

A. He did not turn himself in, he was caught duping.
    B. if he had 100 modreq's in the first two days, his modreq average dropped dramatically in the next week.
    C. Totally agree about quality > quantity, and how this is no competition.
    D. As staff members, we must be held accountable for all actions taken. We have been against staff members and denied some because of MN actions.
    E. there's a line between having fun and language in front of very young participants. In my opinion, he and other staff members have crossed that line.

Love the well thought out comment, just my take on it.

16. ReadingRockstar

ReadingRockstar Popular Meeper

What Dancing is saying is that bad activity isn't his only weakness.

thebpupwolf likes this.
  17. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

He said that "his bad activity" is his only weakness, in which I know he has many more weaknesses. No one has one teeny tiny weakness. I understand that he could be offline tending to his kids, but the staff system isn't that compassionate in this aspect, to my understanding.

This statement contradicts over half the decisions, policies and agreements the staff has made since this server started.

18. savvvy420

savvvy420 Popular Meeper

Just relized, Flaccid you'r 2 week will be up on friday. :D I know you are excited to apply. so you will have to wait to reapply

19. FlaccidNoodle

I am on literally everyday. I promise I am more active then those who said i have bad activity. I play 0930- 1400 then 2100-0200, that is 10 hrs a day. Impossible for me not to be active. :) My mod count dropped a little due to giving the new addition to the staff team a chance to get some practice. Im not new to staff therefore I dont need to practice as much as the newer generation of staff. I like to let them get their feet wet as well. However I still do alot of modreqs. Me not spamming /shout should not be a negative mark on my behalf. I often answer those who ask questions in shout via /msg to reduce the /shout traffic.

I clearly need to address this "duping" situation being brought up. It was a situation of miscommunication between old staff and the new staff after the merger. I came across a glitch, handled it as instructed and help prevent the exploit. I never profited from it nor benefited from that glitch. Since there was no way to prevent/fix the glitch at the time, I was told to just own the plot to prevent someone from stumbling upon it. After the merger, we thought the glitch was fixed so I unclaimed the plot. Shortly after, new staff came upon it and noticed the glitch returned and my name popped up. I didnt need to turn myself in because I was staff at the time and had /smite command. However I did report it and senior staff was tracking. The only reason a ban was issued and it was made a bid ordeal was because all the new staff that was implemented after the merger, knew nothing about what was going on.

I had Silesia85 vouch for me and had Fuzzlr lift my ban. It took 3 days due to unfair ban appeals. Assumptions were made before I ever had a chance to explain to the new staff and the proper course of action was taken. Do I hold a grudge for the ban, absolutely not. It was standard protocol, however just a case is miscommunication.

Any teamspeak language that may be explicit is always in bad language section and quiet frankly, I cant recall using bad language. But I am not perfect, nor or any of us so I cant promise I may not of slipped up. But then again, it was in the proper channel. But no worries, that channel doesn't exist anymore

Forum activity is also a point brought up. I am on the forums daily, however. I don't reply to comment on threads that need not my attention directed towards. I always am up to date on what is going on with our server due to my activity in TS, Skype, IG and mostly forums. Because one does not have a high post count, does not mean he/she is not active on it. I often see alot of threads that have no purpose other then a way to launder post counts.

Ever head of the quote "Its better to be silent and thought a fool, then to open your month and remove all doubt"? :)

Every modreq or interaction I have had with others IG, always ends with great feedback. Every since I have become staff, I have been doing staff activities and not even playing the game. I do attempt to enjoy some game time and balance the staff workload when permitted, but that rarely since we do not change meebles to file a modreq.

To the comment of me not getting along with other staff members, I can think of only 1 person and time that heads were butted. Also my view on the matter does not go unnoticed by others staff both low and high. Just because there is a little friction between two co-workers, does not mean they cant work together. No one likes to be corrected or called out on a fault, its natural.

And lastly, I would like to point out that most of those with these negative comments, are prior sporecraft players and ex staff that were demoted and/or banned from the original merger. Nothing against you guys, however I did not think you had anything against me. No harm no foul.

Normally I wouldn't respond to these but I feel damage control is needed :)

savvvy420 likes this.
  20. MemeBot

MemeBot New Meeper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.