1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

CaptaineAli's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by CaptaineAli, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptaineAli

CaptaineAli Popular Meeper

In Game Name: CaptaineAli
    Skype Username: CaptaineAli
    Teamspeak Username: CaptaineAli
    Timezone: Australian Eastern Standard Time (+10)
    Hours online per weekday: 15 to 40 hours a week (from 3 hours to 8 hours a day)
    Hours online per weekend: 6 to 20 hours a week
    Position Changes: Helper to Mod

Introduction: Hello, My name is Ali. Some of you may already know me from my time here on Meepcraft, since december and some of you may not. I am 16 years old. I live in NSW, Australia. I attend school, in which I am in Year 11. I have 10 siblings, in which I am the second eldest. My favourite hobbies are Sports (Soccer, NRL/touch/OZ-tag, hockey etc), Computer Games and Watching TV (Well, There are just like 5 shows that I would always have to watch, but they are only on once a week). Due this, I am not always available to help out on Meep, but I do the best I can.

Why you should be Mod? I'm just going to keep this short and simple. Every since I joined Meepcraft, I was always searching for ways to make Meep better, like catching rule breakers, suggesting cool ideas and ways to improve Meep. I feel, if I was to be promoted to Moderator, I would be able to continue to do so, as I am limited with commands as helper.

Weaknesses: I feel that a big weakness for me is the fact that I can only be on at certain times, due to real life commitments. Another weakness that I have is that when I believe in something, I will do everything I can to follow it through (at some times this can be bad).

Conclusion:
    I feel that I would be a great moderator on Meepcraft. And as I stated before, I love this game and I would do everything I can to make it better. I have stuck with this server during the good times and the bad, and Hopefully, I'm here to stay forever.

2. Ohyeah95207

Ohyeah95207 Popular Meeper

This guy...
    -He a baws.
    -He does his jobs VERY well.
    -He has Powers to catch Dupers/XRayers/w.e
    +1

Mjr_Minor, CaptaineAli and iiwars like this.
  3. Will_1688

Will_1688 Meeper

(Neutral) Forum activity. Try to up your forum activity even greater.
    (N/A) I am not rating your in-game activity due to our timezones being off.
    (Plus) Application's Grammar and Writing
    (Neutral) I think that for the application's content, you should provide some more examples about what you have done and what you will continue to do, instead of "keep this short and simple".

So : +0.5

CaptaineAli likes this.
  4. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

Why should you be a mod.... Most important part of an application, and honestly, the most lacking part of this application. Everyone wants to help moderate the server. Everyone wants to help.

You didn't show why you should be a moderator rather than the other helpers. While you may already have proved this ingame, include your uniqueness in you application as well.
    For now, -0

FluffbearRCT and CaptaineAli like this.
  5. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

He already staff, so he doesn't gotta put every aspect into it.

6. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

I don't really see you do many modreqs or be involved with the community..... You also didn't put enough effort into this application.
    I think you should wait a little longer, sorry but I'm for a -1.

CaptaineAli likes this.
  7. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

I like how some of us were admin or supermod, and we get treated like we were nothing.

8. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

Good 'ol Ali. Captaine, I'm glad you filed this app. Your application was a tad short, and a bit lacking in material, but honestly, you've made up for it a thousand fold. The clear concise point you made in
    is just like you. I remember every week, day, hour, minute, and second you spent trying to clean the server of dupers, hackers, glitch abusers, and other rule breakers. Your attention to detail, the amount of time and effort you spent finding new ways to catch them, investigating old towns, and the amount of guys you rounded up is just insane. I think a guy like you could really use those mod perms, and show the rest of us how it's done. Keep on going. +20

CaptaineAli likes this.
  9. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

Ali is always on an active and I think he knows how to do his job! :D

+10

CaptaineAli likes this.
  10. jmchugh2014

jmchugh2014 Popular Meeper

+1. The application was short, but your experience says it all.

CaptaineAli likes this.
  11. CaptaineAli

CaptaineAli Popular Meeper

I didn't really know how to tell everyone, in this application what I do to help in-game. Writing essays and applications is something I am not the best at, so I did what I did, and was hoping that I would also be judged on what I do in-game.
    As I stated in my application, I live in Australia, in which I am in a time zone opposite to most others. When its prime time in Australia (3pm to 9pm) less users are online from most other countries, and sometimes, I'm the only staff member online. Which is another reason that I thought applying for Mod can improve (being able to ban advertisers when I'm the only one online, etc). So that may be why you don't see me much in-game.

I am on the forums quite often. But 1 thing I didn't want to do, is just go and post on every thread, just to get my post count up and spam out the place. Everywhere I am needed, I will be there, as soon as I can.

Thank you, everyone for your responses!

12. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

I completely understand. I haven't been in game much to witness your work which Is why I depend on the application. :)

CaptaineAli likes this.
  13. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

I have lots of experience working with you and seeing your work, and your results. I'll keep this short and simple, I am +1.

CaptaineAli likes this.
  14. Endessous

Endessous Meeper

I remember you been good Mod CaptainAli. And I think this server need good staff to get those X-rayer, when I explored the wild recently.

+1 and good luck. ;)

CaptaineAli and iiwars like this.
  15. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: CaptaineAli
    Skype Username: CaptaineAli
    Teamspeak Username: CaptaineAli
    Timezone: Australian Eastern Standard Time (+10)
    Hours online per weekday: 15 to 40 hours a week (from 3 hours to 8 hours a day)
    Hours online per weekend: 6 to 20 hours a week
    Position Changes: Helper to Mod

Introduction: Hello, My name is Ali. Some of you may already know me from my time here on Meepcraft, since december and some of you may not. I am 16 years old. I live in NSW, Australia. I attend school, in which I am in Year 11. I have 10 siblings, in which I am the second eldest. My favourite hobbies are Sports (Soccer, NRL/touch/OZ-tag, hockey etc), Computer Games and Watching TV (Well, There are just like 5 shows that I would always have to watch, but they are only on once a week). Due this, I am not always available to help out on Meep, but I do the best I can.
    Why you should be Mod? I'm just going to keep this short and simple. Every since I joined Meepcraft, I was always searching for ways to make Meep better, like catching rule breakers, suggesting cool ideas and ways to improve Meep. I feel, if I was to be promoted to Moderator, I would be able to continue to do so, as I am limited with commands as helper.

I feel that you are kind of inactive on forums (35 posts) and although you are in a different time zone, I still rarely ever seen you on

Weaknesses: I feel that a big weakness for me is the fact that I can only be on at certain times, due to real life commitments. Another weakness that I have is that when I believe in something, I will do everything I can to follow it through (at some times this can be bad).

Didn't you get perm banned for rank scamming at one point as well?

Anyway good luck! (-0.5)

16. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

+.5, I think you should get more involved in the community, but that's a personal point and has nothing to do with how well you will do as staff, the application was slightly lacking but you have much experience

CaptaineAli likes this.
  17. TheIronSquirel

TheIronSquirel Celebrity Meeper

You are always doing something captain, reason we hardly hear from you in game cause you busy looking for the cheaters!
    Keep up the good work, buddy.
    +1

CaptaineAli and Mjr_Minor like this.
  18. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

I have not had a lot of experience working with you so I will have to stay neutral for that. The application itself seemed to have been lacking in certain area's however you clearly show your dedication to the improvement of the server. I'm sorry to say but for right now I will have to do -0.5 since the application was lacking and I do not know your ability to moderate besides the couple instances I have interacted with you.

CaptaineAli likes this.
  19. Nara_Visa

Nara_Visa Celebrity Meeper

I heard he was banned for griefing, and at one point he was a suspected duper.

20. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

-1 you swear at me TOO much. +1 for demotion. You are supposed to be moderating/helping. Not swearing.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.