1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeGustaYou's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by MeGustaYou, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

ign: MeGustaYou

Teamspeak: MeGustaYou

In game hours (weekday) A minimum of 10 right now, but school starts at August 15th which is quite near, and then it will change into 5 or more hours.

In game hours (weekend) 8 or more

Introduction: Hi, my name is Emily and I’m 11 years old. I’m a well-behaved, respectful, responsible person. I’m a good student in school; I have a lot of friends. I’ve been playing Minecraft since late 2011. I’ve been playing Meep since March 16th 2013, (I think, around there). I would add my hobbies and such, but I literally have no life, considering I’m often on for more than 8 hours at a time. Meepcraft is my only hobby, to be honest.

Why: I personally believe I deserve this promotion because ever since joining this server, I have always wanted to help it out in any way I could. I just don’t see this server as just a server; I see it as a constantly growing community. And I’d use my powers to improve the community by disciplining those who attempt to disrupt it, and I’d do my best to make the community an even friendlier place to be. I understand that this is a huge responsibility, and if I get it, I will excel expectations, as I always try to do.

I realize that becoming staff is so much more than just moderating chat, and kicking bad people, and doing /modreq’s; It’s about being a leader and a role model for the community to follow also, and I can handle these responsibilities with no issues. I would never disappoint the community, nor would I ever disappoint the people who trust me.

I believe that I am unique from other people because I constantly strive to make things and myself the best that they can be, and every day I try to wake up a better person than I was yesterday. I love learning new things, and I believe that there’s always room for improvement. Inactivity is not a problem with me, as I do not have much that goes on IRL besides school, but that’s a piece of cake for me right now.

I’d also like to address the partial stereotype (kind of) from my age. I’m not an annoying 11 year-old who whines, screams, or cries all the time. I know when it’s okay to goof around; and when it’s time to be firm. I am very mature and refined when time calls for it. There is no absolute question to my maturity, because I know that I have the self-control and intelligence to handle situations that may come up. Although it seems like I’m just a sweet little girl; I know how to be strict.

Conclusion: In conclusion, I am a person who always strives to do my best and to make everything I do the best that it can be also. Although young; I would handle my responsibilities maturely, and I treat others with respect, and if I receive this, as promised above, I will exceed expectations. Thank you for reading my application.

Weaknesses: I think one of my biggest weaknesses is the fact that I am kind of socially awkward, which can be a huge problem for me sometimes. I often not know how to respond to a certain part of a certain conversations, so often I literally look up what to do. (Google is my best friend)

I also often overthink things to a point where I basically try too hard to find a better route, which can be advantageous and inauspicious at times, because sometimes I end up just wasting time.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. ReadingRockstar

ReadingRockstar Popular Meeper

+0 I really don't believe you are prepared for this position. Sure, you are active in TeamSpeak, in game, etc. However, I feel your application wasn't up to par. I feel that you should give it some more effort, and maybe next time you'll get my +1 :D
    EDIT: The application was not bad by any means, I just had a slight dislike for the content.

3. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

- Your probably the most active person on Teamspeak.
    - I barely see you help
    - Application a bit short

I would give you a -.25, good luck
    though.

Edit: We may be in different time zones, but so far I've heard good things from you. For now, I'd give you a +.50

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  4. BeeWhacker

BeeWhacker Well-Known Meeper

MeGusta I always see you helping in chat and whenever you can so I hope you get the position you are hoping for

5. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

I've had quite a bit of personal experience with you, and to be frank you are an example we use when we say "age does not = maturity". You are mature, kind, and a thoughtful person, and I have seen you think about others before yourself. I like your comment about what you believe being staff is. However, I do feel that you need to be more active in the forums, but weighing that out against all the other strengths that you have, I give you a +1 for helper.

savvvy420 likes this.
  6. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

+1 MeGusta is very responsible and kind to everyone on TS, and she is very active as well. Not to mention her application was very well written for someone her age. All these qualities are something you'd want in a staff member

7. savvvy420

savvvy420 Popular Meeper

You application is amazing! You put so much thought and effort into this! I know how much you help, always helping me with things, if I miss something, in chat, you let me know. You are very helpful and smart. You are so mature for your age as well!!! I think that you would make a great addition to the staff, I'm for +1. No wait. +1000000000 :)

nhjed likes this.
  8. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

First, your app. It was a tad short, but I believe you got the right points across in less words than most. I agree with Deinen in saying you are a prime example of why age does not = maturity, and I've seen you in game being active on ./shout, I've seen you on forums as well, and in teamspeak, getting involved with the community. I think you've got the right attitude, and you're a great personality to work with. Only issue is forum activity, but for now, +1.

9. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

You joined 3 days after I did, interesting, anyhow, the app was good, and you've always seemed like a good person, so I'm gonna give you a +1 :3

savvvy420 likes this.
  10. popemall25

popemall25 Popular Meeper

The only think I had wrong with the application was corrected above. It's better to look at it as authority, or responsibilities rather than power. I already know you are not that type of person, but I've seen others who looked at their position as a source of power. The application was very well written for a person your age. From the application side of things, I'd say +1.

I've also had small amounts of personal experience with you as I was in the same town as you for a while. We never interacted much, but I always noticed you were looking for something to do to help out the mayor. You were always doing something for the town rather than yourself. Because of these experiences, I only view you in a good way. I'd be for an interview.

11. S0ULSCYTHE

S0ULSCYTHE Well-Known Meeper

I see you in the game helping in shout and in Teamspeak, you have alot of in game hours I am +1 for interview. XD Megusta no matter what people say or how they judge you your great kid and you will make a great helper

12. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

Thank you all for the feedback :)

13. Sirrr_Pig

Sirrr_Pig Bacon

Nice app. Youre a very kind person and very active and very helpful in game and on TS, you also always treat people with respect. And from the experiences I've had with you, you'd be a great addition to staff, +1

14. jmchugh2014

jmchugh2014 Popular Meeper

-1. Close to no real life experiences considering your age. I can see how you are mature, but because you are so young, your real life experiences are not up to par. I do not believe someone so young should have powers that need responsibility. She does not know the consequences that can result from poor choices made. I have never seen you helping in /shout in game, but you are very active in teamspeak. Overall, you are too young to obtain such responsibilities and powers, despite your maturity level. I don't feel you are ready to get what is thrown at you.

15. 00000

00000 Guest

+1

ign: MeGustaYou

Your name is very welcoming. Unlike someone I know.

Teamspeak: MeGustaYou

I'm not going to judge you by your age. If you were ten, of course I would.

In game hours (weekday) A minimum of 10 right now, but school starts at August 15th which is quite near, and then it will change into 5 or more hours.

MeepAddiction, ikr?

In game hours (weekend) 8 or more

As rare as it is, this checks out.

Introduction: Hi, my name is Emily and I’m 11 years old. I’m a well-behaved, respectful, responsible person. I’m a good student in school; I have a lot of friends. I’ve been playing Minecraft since late 2011. I’ve been playing Meep since March 16th 2013, (I think, around there). I would add my hobbies and such, but I literally have no life, considering I’m often on for more than 8 hours at a time. Meepcraft is my only hobby, to be honest.

Ikr? You joined not so long ago, but I think it's been enough time.

Why: I personally believe I deserve this promotion because ever since joining this server, I have always wanted to help it out in any way I could. I just don’t see this server as just a server; I see it as a constantly growing community. And I’d use my powers to improve the community by disciplining those who attempt to disrupt it, and I’d do my best to make the community an even friendlier place to be. I understand that this is a huge responsibility, and if I get it, I will excel expectations, as I always try to do.

The 'help it out' is old, but your views on this impress me.

I realize that becoming staff is so much more than just moderating chat, and kicking bad people, and doing /modreq’s; It’s about being a leader and a role model for the community to follow also, and I can handle these responsibilities with no issues. I would never disappoint the community, nor would I ever disappoint the people who trust me.

You are very mature for an 11 year old. I see that you are fit for this.

I believe that I am unique from other people because I constantly strive to make things and myself the best that they can be, and every day I try to wake up a better person than I was yesterday. I love learning new things, and I believe that there’s always room for improvement. Inactivity is not a problem with me, as I do not have much that goes on IRL besides school, but that’s a piece of cake for me right now.

ikr :D

I’d also like to address the partial stereotype (kind of) from my age. I’m not an annoying 11 year-old who whines, screams, or cries all the time. I know when it’s okay to goof around; and when it’s time to be firm. I am very mature and refined when time calls for it. There is no absolute question to my maturity, because I know that I have the self-control and intelligence to handle situations that may come up. Although it seems like I’m just a sweet little girl; I know how to be strict.

I have not seen this, but I doubt you can't be strict. Just don't be like Ilumini. ;) *tips hat*

Conclusion: In conclusion, I am a person who always strives to do my best and to make everything I do the best that it can be also. Although young; I would handle my responsibilities maturely, and I treat others with respect, and if I receive this, as promised above, I will exceed expectations. Thank you for reading my application.

As was I, until Minecraft took my life away from me.

Weaknesses: I think one of my biggest weaknesses is the fact that I am kind of socially awkward, which can be a huge problem for me sometimes. I often not know how to respond to a certain part of a certain conversations, so often I literally look up what to do. (Google is my best friend)

My soulmate (wanna go on a MeepWalk around spawn? lol)

I also often overthink things to a point where I basically try too hard to find a better route, which can be advantageous and inauspicious at times, because sometimes I end up just wasting time.

This isn't a very bad weakness. I tried to find a way to peel an onion without crying and that didn't work.

16. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Most of this server is children, and she is probably one of the most responsible/active child I know.

00000 likes this.
  17. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

Chew spearmint when you do

00000 likes this.
  18. jmchugh2014

jmchugh2014 Popular Meeper

Yes, most of the server is in the young ages, however how is she suppose to deal with someone way older than her in an intense situation. She doesn't have the real life experience to deal with crucial situations. We need role models and leaders in staff, and I don't believe she has what it takes to take criticism and negative opinions.

19. 00000

00000 Guest

I could help her (I'm not however going to apply for staff)

Although this sounds like a stupid idea, I don't have to be a mod to help do I?

Cooleysworld likes this.
  20. Nman830

Nman830 Celebrity Meeper

No you don't

Cooleysworld and 00000 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.