1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

A New MeepCraft

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fuzzlr, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

Recently, MeepCraft has undergone a leadership change. On July 12, 2013, due to specific hardships that we were facing with our leadership, our team replaced MeepNetworks with the original MeepCraft minecraft server which is now solely owned by myself and operated by the MeepCraft development team.

Previously, I had given a co-ownership opportunity to an individual known as CrueltyGaming to whom we invested 20,000 dollars to fund the datacenter. He brought many technical benefits to MeepNetworks and offered his time to help manage and grow the establishment. While his intentions were for the betterment of the server, we observed over the past few months that his changes were not benefiting the welfare of the server but rather diminishing its level of potential success.

It's not easy to turn the #1 Minecraft server in the world, with 1,100 players online simultaneously and one of the most active online communities in Minecraft into a small hamlet hardly peaking at 300 players. Somehow, that's what happened under the direction of CrueltyGaming. Several hilariously dumb decisions were made, such as the cancellation of the MeepHalo project, the cancellation the CreativCubed server, for the sole reason that sharing 50% of the profits with any third party was "unacceptable". And ironically enough, just as soon as these projects were cancelled or let go, we ended up sacrificing huge opportunities in advertising and server development. Under CrueltyGaming’s directive, the original community forums and custom systems were deleted, the entire original staff of MeepCraft was fired and disbanded, and it was rumored that the very next directive was to reset the Towns world with a new rank system (which would result in the removal of the ranks that you payed for!).

For the last 2 years I have spent a great portion of my time building and developing the community and game of MeepCraft. We had collected over a hundred thousand dollars in cumulative donations and almost 95% of those expenses were put back into helping develop and improve aspects of the server. When CrueltyGaming locked me out the machines, as had happened multiple times in the past, it was a moment of realization for me. For the next 48 hours, our team recreated the entire original MeepCraft server from scratch – without the original server files! I am especially thankful to my friend Coelho, (who is the developer of our cloud system), for contributing a hypervisor machine, on which we will be developing the new MeepCraft cloud.

It is the best interest of the players and administration of MeepCraft to remove this individual from authority. It is a great sacrifice to leave behind our investments but the correct choice is now clear. The decisions made under his administration were clearly not beneficial in the very least. I believe that the main lesson we can all learn from this is that with any large organization, you can go sole proprietor or board of directors, but by all means stay away from dual partnerships. You should always keep your goals and ideals close to your heart and stick to them. I will sleep better at night knowing that we will be enjoying a higher level of enjoyment and success in all aspects of this game.

- Fuzzlr
    (Miguel)

More gamemodes such as The Walls are coming soon to MeepCraft

2. j00mad

j00mad Guest

#First

3. SLICKnSWIFT

SLICKnSWIFT Well-Known Meeper

#second, glad to see MeepCraft back to its better stage and for Fuzzlr and Onis_Luck and devolpment crew, THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK!!

4. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

Thank you Fuzzlr, and thank you Onis_Luck. You've all made many people very happy.

BlackJack likes this.
  5. TheIronSquirel

TheIronSquirel Celebrity Meeper

Glad to see you back in control!

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  6. legokev1999

legokev1999 Popular Meeper

Great job, Fuzzlr! Glad to see old Meep back. Good luck!

GroovyGrevous and Darke_Amethyst like this.
  7. Dart_Knight

Dart_Knight Popular Meeper

YESSSS THE WALLS!!!!

Thanks fuzz

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  8. Danielrulesman

Danielrulesman Popular Meeper

That was touching.

I thought that cruelty would never go away, but you proved me wrong. Good job Fuzz!

cooey, Ttlownage and Mindnight_Sword like this.
  9. Woddorl

Woddorl Popular Meeper

What happened to all your previous machines?

theEditson and Tsong-Jien like this.
  10. Robin3568

Robin3568 Meeper

Very Touching *sniff sniff*

I almost gave up on meepcraft until the reset. Thanks Fuzz
    P.S. When will the walls be up?

GroovyGrevous and CwAwesome4 like this.
  11. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

Good to see the old Meepcraft back to what it used to be. Thanks a ton for the read and the hard work you've done to make the server what it is today.

12. HagenVoigt

HagenVoigt Active Meeper

Looking forward to The Walls, great job re-creating the server.

13. j00mad

j00mad Guest

Nom nom nom
    *Eats news again*

Ahh man...
    The news is gone!

14. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

Well put. Mine would have involved a lot of cursing towards CG.....

Jusquan, mrli1 and MineFail272 like this.
  15. CaptaineAli

CaptaineAli Popular Meeper

Can't wait for The Walls. Also, I was wondering, is MeepHalo, MeepHG or MeepCTF ever going to come back? And if so, is there a rough time on when? Other than that, Thanks for everything you have done, Fuzzlr and Onis!

16. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

MeepHalo is Btlim's server. Before merge we were separate servers. However, I look forward to HG and CTF.

17. shadowshot03

shadowshot03 Celebrity Meeper

HE REALIZED! YAY! :D
    Did the server really die that much though? :O

18. CaptaineAli

CaptaineAli Popular Meeper

Yes ik, but Halo was separated becuase CG didn't like the idea & sharing profits with btilm305(or atleast thats what I heard). Now that CGs gone, maybe Halo can come back to Meep?

19. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

I cried reading this.

cooey, SirCallow, KyloMeep and 4 others like this.
  20. Tigressnerd

Tigressnerd Celebrity Meeper

I did to. XD It just makes me so happy to know that Cruelty is gone. It's over. His wrath was suffered, and ended. We shall rise up from the ashes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.