1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Accepted senn0 Duping Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by senn0, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senn0

senn0 Well-Known Meeper

IGN (In-Game Name): senn0
    Date/Time: January 2nd 2014, 00:30 AM
    Reason: Duping Obsidian
    Ban Length: Perm?
    Staff Member: DevilSpawn112
    Why we should consider your appeal:

Before starting I would like to point out that this is the second time I am banned and that although I like this server very much, I am mildly frustrated by the lack of comprehension on the staff's side. It seems that the policy on Meepcraft is "ban first, ask questions later" although I have to admit that DevilSpawn112 DID question me thoroughly before banning me.

Let me start by stating the rules concerning duping:

10. Duplicating Items
    Whether it is by accident or with purpose, duplicating or ‘duping’ is not allowed. If your items accidently glitch or dupe, you are expected to report it to staff and hand the items over. If you are found to have duplicated items in your inventory it will count the same as being caught in the act. Reasonable suspicion is enough to take corrective action, but only if there is sufficient evidence. It is also illegal to leak information to other players on how to dupe items. It doesn't matter if it is already common knowledge.

All Offenses: PERMANENT APPEAL-BAN
    *100% monetary fine

***Note: these situations can be more complex that this at times, and can/will involve forum discussion. Corrective action will be taken on the severity of the situation if a Temp-ban does not fit. If this behavior is repetitive, then more serious actions will be taken, such as a Permanent Ban.

As stated by the rules above, it seems fairly clear to me that duping is a term used to describe an action that leads to the multiplication of an item through a glitch. Please keep this in mind while making judgement on my case. Instead of trying to explain the mechanics of the game, I will let you see them for yourself here: .
    I essentially used this game mechanic, NOT glitch to create multiple portals in the wild that I then mined. I did not automate the process like the person in the video but rather went to the nether each time and went through the portal manually. Note that this took me as much if not more time than pouring a water bucket on a lava lake and mining it. This in no way a glitch or an exploit of the game, it is using how the game normally behaves whether it be in single player, multi player, vanilla, bukkit server, etc ... and is fairly common knowledge. Upon asking why this was considered duping, I was answered that it is duping because it is using one set to create multiple to which I replied that in that case, farming carrots is duping. This is in effect, a similar action to farming carrots except mining obsidian takes a lot more time that harvesting carrots. If farming is not allowed, I am sorry for what I did but I had not seen this rule anywhere so I kindly ask for a second chance.

With my deepest hopes that you will understand,
    senn0

IHAS, MeepStats, wayzata20 and 14 others like this.
  2. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

It is duping, regardless of how you decide to "word" it! If it was not the hundred players who made Obsidian generators would have saved hours and just done /home obsidian over and over and over again as you have. I do not think in your eyes you saw it as duping, based on the fact that you did it openly, which is why I will consider this appeal. But for the record this will not be tolerated and will now be watched for. This thread will be decided on soon, please do not spam me or staff regarding it. Thank you.

senn0 likes this.
  3. senn0

senn0 Well-Known Meeper

Are you talking about obsidian generators using redstone? If so, please understand that this method is not any faster than those; people who made obsidian generators using redstone (or string) wouldn't have "saved hours" using this method as the only part of the method that is time consuming is mining obsidian regardless of whether you make a generator or just mine obsidian normally, it still takes as long to mine it! On the contrary, the redstone obsidian generator considering it can generate unlimited amounts of obsidian at once whereas the portal method only generates 14 obsidian every time. I can have other trusted players who I've spoken to on teamspeak confirm this if needs be. If the problem is simply that I was not using redstone then that's fine with me! Just look in logblock how many obsidian block I've broken since registering on the server and I will give that amount in redstone. It doesn't bother me in the least. Just to make it clear, could you please explain your definition of "duping" as it does not seem to be the same as in the rules. I was not using any glitch but just the normal behavior of minecraft. I just don't understand how this is different from cobblestone generators in skyblock. Are those duping machines too? Please clarify these few confusions I have so I can avoid any more trouble in the future.

4. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

accepted with condition

nasapc123 and FluffbearRCT like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.