1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by LexKristen, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: LexKristen
    Teamspeak Username: LexKristen
    Mic use: Yes (fairly often in TS)
    Timezone: MST
    Hours online per weekday: 1-4
    Hours online per weekend: 3-12
    Position Changes: Helper to Moderator

Introduction:

Hello!

Let me start off by introducing myself and enlightening you with a few facts about me! My username in-game is LexKristen, but most call me by Lex or Alexandra. This year I am a freshman in high school. I have been playing on this server since September of last year, September 29th 2012 to be exact. This is the second time I have been staff, the first time was in early to mid 2013 when I resigned due to MN.

In my free time, I love to listen and play music. Music truly is one of my passions in life. I wish to pursue something that has to do with it later, or just keep it an avocation for the rest of my life. Also, I would like to consider myself a pretty dedicated student. I get relatively good grades (except for in AP Human Geography, which is no less than a disaster for me).

Why do I think I should be Moderator?:

First, I would like to address my experience with this server. I have been playing for over a year, so naturally I know a lot about it. Despite my experience, I was really caught off guard when I first became helper a few weeks ago. I found everything to be so much more organized and extremely different from when I was staff. I was not expecting it, but I feel as if I adapted very quickly. When I was staff before, we used a different plugin for moderation than we use now as well. At first, I was immensely confused to say the least. After a few days I did learn the commands and general idea of the plugin rapidly. I now feel especially comfortable with all the new staff policies, expectations and commands. I also have no problem with asking questions, and I have asked quite a lot to clear things up.

Another thing I would like to address is my activity. I would consider myself pretty active on all platforms, including the forums, in-game, Skype, and TS. Sometimes school does limit my time online, because of homework and studying. On these days I do try my best to get online as much as possible.

Maturity is also something I consider myself to posses. Of course I know when to have fun and make jokes, too! However, there is a thin line between the right time and the wrong time. I definitely know when it is acceptable and when it is not.

Now I am going to talk about my work ethic. I do not do modreqs just for the number. I believe in quality over quantity. You want the player to have a good experience when they file a /modreq, so that they are comfortable with the staff and don’t have a problem filing another one when they need help. I always make sure the player is satisfied, and I always ask if they have any further questions. Let me reiterate the fact that quality over quantity is extremely important in my eyes. I always focus my full attention at the issue at hand, and make sure that it is 100% completed before I focus on anything else. I do not stop something to work on another thing, so I would consider myself a pretty dedicated person.

Next, I will talk about my involvement in the community. I always say hello when I login to Meep! I am usually on TeamSpeak while I am in-game, and at the same time I am browsing the forums. It is important to me that a staff member should be well balanced as far as communication goes, which is exactly what I strive for!

Weaknesses:

Let’s talk about the weakness I stated in my Helper application; hasty decision making. This was a problem when I used creative to my own advantage after I resigned from SuperMod. I still had creative, so I made a regretful decision to obtain items illegitimately, and instead spawn them in. Naturally, I had lost a considerable amount of trust due to this. I have been working really hard to gain that trust back, because I truly made a horrible mistake. I am really thankful that I was given a second chance at staff. I believe that before I had applied for Helper and during my time of being Helper, I worked on this weakness a lot. I have learned so much from my mistakes, so this is a minuscule problem for me at the moment. I make it a point to think about things before I speak or do something. I really feel like it is something I have improved upon immensely, and I am glad for that.

A weakness that I have noticed about myself lately is that I feel like sometimes I can come across as rude. I unintentionally ignore people sometimes, just because I am busy with other things. On the other hand, I feel like sometimes I can come across as overbearing because I am usually in a really good mood and full of energy. I definitely will do my best to work on these weaknesses!

Conclusion:

In conclusion, I feel completely ready for the position of Moderator. I am 100% comfortable with the commands, and new policies that I have had to learn. Thank you so much for reading my application. I look forward to hear your constructive feedback in the replies!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    mrli1, Grandblue, BooBear1227 and 3 others like this.
  2. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

+all of the numbers

Over qualified
    Great person in general
    Great at handling situations
    Previous experience

There's honestly not a single reason for a -1

Iatemyfriends and zachforfun123 like this.
  3. awesomesauce300

awesomesauce300 Popular Meeper

+1
    She's good
    Previous super mod.
    what else to sayayyyy

Iatemyfriends likes this.
  4. iOblivion

iOblivion Popular Meeper

Im not sure if i was fortunate or not to be in during MN. But your work that i have saw has been great!
    Im not sure what you have done when i am offline or what you have done in staff chat but for what i have saw i am definitely a +1

5. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

I knew what my vote was be for I even clicked on the thread. +1s all the way, very overqualified. You are always willing to not only help users but also other staff members.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  6. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

+1 You are one of the nicest, mature, funny, cool, person I know. And I think you would look good, and do well, in a moderator title.

EDIT : funniest, coolest, most mature*

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    LexKristen likes this.
  7. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

-1, this should be an a super mod app.

But seriously I'm a huge +1, time and time again you have demonstrated that you are incredibly mature, incredibly active, and incredibly helpful. As a mod I you would thrive in all aspects and with your previous experience, this would just come naturally to you.

In regards to your activity, you are very active in game and in the forums. As far as teamspeak goes, I see you on very often but I would like to see you talk a little more often, exceeding the expectations of others. I know it's not a requirement to be more active then you already are but I know that if anyone is capable of doing this, it's you. Countless times you have exceeded expectations and I bet there are more times to come.

I wish you the best of luck in your app! And as I said before, HUGE +1 from me :)

FluffbearRCT and LexKristen like this.
  8. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

+She was one of the best mods and supermods in the old meepcraft
    +She is one of the best Helpers right now
    +Application was great and had no errors
    +The most mature person I know
    +Sends me awkward snapchats

There's no reason to not promote her.

9. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

+0
    I'm really not sure at the moment.
    Your great with helper.
    I know yo have expririence however,
    I think you need time.

10. Yokosuka12

Yokosuka12 Popular Meeper

-1 To much of a rush. Be more active on forums.

11. Scott11B

Scott11B Popular Meeper

Despite my previous opinions of you, and stories about you from the old meep. I would like to see more veteran staff members at the top of the leader boards. As long as nothing happens, like what happened in the old meep, it's a big +1 from me.

EDIT: For everyone who says that she needs more time at her current rank, she has already served the time. I think that for prior staff, their previous service should be taken into consideration. She isn't some nub helper...

Tagswag33, Sirrr_Pig and Qwikin like this.
  12. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

Thank you for your comment! However I going to have to respectfully disagree. I have been helper for almost 3 weeks now, and in that time I have greatly familiarized myself with everything that needs to be known. I am telling you that I would not be applying if I didn't feel 100% ready.

zachforfun123 likes this.
  13. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

- Has been a helper for around 3 weeks
    - Previously a SuperMod in the old Meep and she was good
    - GOOD forum activity, she posts in relevant discussions
    - Good application
    - Mature

+1

And to the people that heard "stories" about her in the Old Meep.... they are untrue for the most part. The whole "duping" items and dropping them was a false ban. You see, when Cruelty ruined the server and demoted pretty much all the staff he forgot one important thing.... taking my brother's account off of creative. In secret we got Fuzzlr's head, kept placing it in water and dropped stacks of them in spawn. We also spawned in billions worth of diamond blocks, spawned in stacks of dragon eggs etc...

14. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

You are spectacular. I 100percent trust you, you are VERY kind. I'd trust you with my life!!! +1

You helped a few helpers out a lot. I'd love to see you as mod. You've displayed maturity and determination while being helper. :)

zachforfun123 and LexKristen like this.
  15. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

Huehuehue

Anyway, I've been harassing asking you to apply for a while now because I feel you are one of the only staff members that actually deserves Helper due to your work ethic, attitude and professionalism.

+potato

LexKristen likes this.
  16. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

+1 you are a great helper, you were an awesome admin! s0 why not mod?

17. MrHollywoot

MrHollywoot Popular Meeper

+1

Much respect for Taking OWNERSHIP of your faults and How you corrected them.

18. Jiltism

Jiltism Celebrity Meeper

Lex has been a great helper... On old meep was a great super mod. She knows how to do her job and do it well...+1

19. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

She is a great helper! I may have a slight (major) bias because she's my best buddy in real life. This is basically all she talks about! She is certainly diddly darn ready for this! +12

Qwikin likes this.
  20. Mainkreke

Mainkreke Popular Meeper

+100000
    You always seem to have an answer to all the problems someone has. You seem to know more than most people about this server. You're also nice, and a good person to be around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.